Thread: Some people never fuckin learn

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Some people never fuckin learn

Rolando McClain’s career with the Raiders fell apart in large part because of his inability to stay out of trouble off the field. Now his time with the Ravens is off to a bad start.

McClain, the linebacker who signed with the Ravens this month after being cut by the Raiders, was arrested on Sunday night in his hometown of Decatur, Alabama.

WHNT reports that McClain was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after an incident at a local park. Witnesses said they saw McClain cursing at police officers before he was handcuffed and taken away.

McClain’s previous arrests have included everything from assault to driving with windows that were tinted too darkly.

The 23-year-old McClain was the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft and was the Raiders’ starting middle linebacker for most of his three seasons in Oakland. But his talent may not be enough to outweigh his off-field troubles, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Ravens cut him.

Earlier this month, the Ravens signed linebacker Rolando McClain to a no-risk, one-year deal with a $700,000 base salary. None of the money is guaranteed, which means there will be no skin off owner Steve Bisciotti’s wallet if McClain is cut in the wake of his latest arrest.

When the Ravens rolled the dice on Rolando, many assumed he was placed on a one-strike arrangement. Now that the count is 0-1, it’s time to see whether the Ravens had indeed warned McClain that one false move will get him fired.

Since McClain has fewer than four years of NFL service, his new contract would be exposed to waivers, meaning that any other team could give him a third chance at the kind of low price he was willing to give the Ravens for a chance to join the defending champions.

If no one claims McClain, the rocky NFL tenure of a 2010 top-10 pick could be over.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh well, at least a player more deserving will take his spot. Their needs to be rules in place so assholes like this won't play football once they leave High School or at least during High School.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dip shits like this, Ryan Leaf, that idiot Maurice Clarett are the poster boys of what is wrong with sports. Throw in high profile guys like Rapsitberger, Ray Lewis, insert most any NBA name here and it really is a problem. Right or wrong sports stars have always been role models for children and the way things are now and the direction things are going in that is downright scary.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    Dip shits like this, Ryan Leaf, that idiot Maurice Clarett are the poster boys of what is wrong with sports. Throw in high profile guys like Rapsitberger, Ray Lewis, insert most any NBA name here and it really is a problem. Right or wrong sports stars have always been role models for children and the way things are now and the direction things are going in that is downright scary.
    That's why I stopped giving them money. I'll settle with any sporting events from my teams that I can listen/watch for free.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Coming to a Subway near you........

Apparently, former NFL defensive backCliff Harris and former NFL receiverTitus Young have launched a new competition.

It’s apparently called “let’s see who can get arrested the most times.”
    Harris currently leads, withthree in nine days, but Young isn’t far behind, thanks to two arrests that came on the same day.

According to Paula Pasche of theOakland Press, Young followed a Sunday arrest for suspicion of DUI with a Sunday arrest for attempting to steal his own car from police custody.

Specifically, Young was spotted on Sunday afternoon at a tow yard in Southern California, jumping over the fence in search of his impounded Mustang. Young was charged with burglary.

A second-round pick of the Lions in 2011, Detroit cut him after a tumultuous 2012 that ended with Young essentially tweeting his way out of town. The Rams claimed him on waivers, but quickly decided after meeting with Young that he was not “quite there" mentally.

It’s a sad situation, and we hope that Young gets whatever help he needs to turn his life around before it’s too late to turn it around.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Two more examples of talent doesn't equal brains. It floors me that these idiots accomplish what so many fail to do and then throw it away because they are to fucking stupid to realize how lucky they are.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    From the Free Press

The sad tale of Titus Young squandering his immense talent keeps getting worse.

Young, the former Lions receiver who was released a day after the Super Bowl this year, was arrested late Friday night for the third time in less than a week, this time in San Clemente, Calif., for burglary, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.

Lt. Joe Balicki of the Orange County Sheriff's Department said Young is still in jail on $75,000 bail awaiting a Monday hearing.

Young, a second-round pick in 2011, was arrested twice on May 5 in Moreno Valley, Calif., -- at 12:01 a.m. on suspicion of driving under the influence and again about 14 hours later on attempted burglary for allegedly trying to steal his own car out of a California tow yard.

At about 11:30 p.m. Friday, Balicki said deputies were responded to a call of a subject inside a house in San Clemente.

Upon arrival, deputies found Young outside the residence. Balicki said Young fled from deputies on foot and was detained after a brief struggle.

"He actually tried to fight with them," Balicki said. "But there was more deputies then him so they were able to subdue him without -- I guess there was some punches thrown but they were able to get him into handcuffs without too much damage."

Young's car, the same black convertible Mustang that was impounded a week earlier, was towed again Friday night before the alleged break in, Balicki said.

"We don't know if he thought it was somebody's house that he knew and he was trying to get into it or whatever, but it wasn't a family member, it wasn't a friend, it was somebody unknown to him. So I don't know what he tried to get into," Balicki said.

Young appeared in 26 games in two seasons for the Lions, catching 81 passes, but he was more known for the trouble he got in on and off the field.

Young was benched for the second half of a loss to the New Orleans Saints as a rookie after he drew a personal foul for shoving a defender in the face near the goal line, and he was suspended from the team three times last year.

He punched teammate Louis Delmas during off-season workouts, was sent home after he lined up in the wrong spot in a November loss to Green Bay, then banned for good two weeks later, after briefly rejoining the team for practice, when he remained a distraction in meetings and the locker room.

Young's former high school coach, E.C. Robinson, told the Free Press last week that people close to Young, including his sister, were trying to get him help.

"Based on the last time I did see him, I knew unless he got some help there was going to be some issues, and I told him that, too," Robinson said. "And I thought maybe since I hadn't heard anything from him he was in some institute getting some help. That's what I just figured. But I know the last time I saw him, I was just shocked the stage he was in at that time."

Attempts to reach Young's family were unsuccessful today, but at least one former teammate expressed empathy for Young on Twitter.

"Really need to pray for Titus Young for real!" Lions cornerback Chris Houston tweeted. "Really is a good dude wish someone reach out to him before anything tragic! #heslost."

Lions coach Jim Schwartz declined comment when asked about Young at the conclusion of rookie minicamp today.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information