Thread: ADA App-1

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ADA App-1

I've always loved ADA gear, and I will always cherish my ADA MP1...

Check this out...

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not bad.
    I've heard better, I've heard worse...
    What's the price tag for this unit?

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Not bad.
    I've heard better, I've heard worse...
    What's the price tag for this unit?
    $300 on ebayski..............

the old rack units are going for $300-$500

Cool sounds from the pedal......seems pretty usable sounds at yer fingertips.......

maybe sumthin' I'll look into down the road.............................................. ............................

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just checked the clip out again...

It sounds similar to an MP1...

Sounds damn good for solid state...

Sounds good for anything...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    From ADA:

The new ADA APP-1 Pedal PreampTM is designed by David Tarnowski and is a no-compromise 2 channel low noise all analog preamp, and the first product to use his new patent-pending “D-TORSION” Core Technology to achieve greater dynamics, string sensitivity and a wider range of guitar tones. You can go from crystal clear clean to over-the-top grind without touching a single knob on your guitar, pedals or amplifier. It has more bloom than the most nimble Class-A tube combo amp and can ring-out single-coil harmonics to frightening levels – all done with the subtlety of how hard you hit the strings. You can also dial-in more “squeeze” than a classic germanium diode distortion box.

The APP-1 offers three devices in one: a clean to high-gain 2-channel preamp, a DUAL BUFFER for your effects and a final signal BOOST for soloing or overdriving your power amp. The Preamp is designed to serve as an input buffer for all your effects and your tuner, so plug your guitar effects into it first. Its high impedance input will not color or load down your pickup’s signal. As a true guitar preamp, we have added EFFECTS SEND and EFFECTS RETURN jacks on the rear panel – just like an amp head or combo amp. Your effects chain’s signal can be adjusted to compensate for any imbalances or losses, and then sent to our BOOST circuit, which can add up to 20dB more gain with the BOOST knob. The APP-1 output jack provides a solid low impedance drive with high signal integrity to connect to your power amp (or input channel of your head or combo). The two tone stacks and the VOICING pre-EQ filters are passive, not active, so they naturally shape your guitar signal without excessive phase shift or impulse ringing. The tone stack in the A/DA Pedal Preamp has the exact response as a Fender 1960s tone stack, and guitarists who are used to the Fender taper will be immediately familiar with how to get the tone they want from the APP-1. The VOICING is a pre EQ switch that selects the frequency range that is fed the distortion generation circuit from your guitar. It can dramatically change the feel, attack, tightness and density of single notes or chords, or the emphasis of harmonics in addition to selecting a more British or American tone and response. The unit has a TRUE BYPASS switch, so it can be completely taken out of your signal path or used as a BOOST only driver. If you only want to use it as an effects loop Dual Buffer and BOOST, then select the BUFFER & BOOST ONLY position on the top middle switch.

The ADA Pedal Preamp is made in California and is the first new product for guitarists from David Tarnowski in over 15 years. He is known for his MP-1 MIDI Preamp, MC-1 MIDI Controller, Miked Cabinet Emulator, Flanger and many more creations. As with many of his past products, the new APP-1 could forever change the way guitarists play and use their equipment, especially overdrive and distortion. With world-wide patents pending, it’s a new tool and a new era for guitarists. After all, David wouldn’t be back if he didn’t have something big to offer.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm thinking this thing will sound great in front of my ADA MP1 to divide my tone into two tones...

Hand made in USA!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And check this out...

I'll probably pick up both units...

GCS-2 Guitar Cabinet Simulator & DI Box

featuring Natural Resonance Response™

Turn any full-range passive or powered monitor speaker or sound system into a dynamic guitar cabinet, loaded with your choice of drivers.

The new ADA GCS-2 is an easy-to-use guitar cabinet simulator in a small, rugged package designed for guitar players and sound engineers who are looking for high quality analog solutions for live sound reinforcement systems, stage monitors and recording electric guitar.

The new ADA GCS-2 is ideally suited for live performance and studio applications. A unique feature of the GCS-2 is that it replicates the low frequency natural resonance of a guitar speaker cabinet at loud volumes, which is especially noticeable in the SEALED CABINET configuration.

The GCS-2 is inserted between the output of your preamplifier (or effects pedal chain) and a mixing or recording console to replace the close proximity microphone that is typically used to mic a guitar speaker cabinet. This eliminates the problem of bleed through or crosstalk from other instruments or amplifiers in live situations. The GCS-2 is especially useful for owners of our APP-1 guitar pedal preamp because it can split the output of the APP-1 for sending the signal to a guitar amplifier and to a mixing console for recording, house sound systems and stage monitor systems.

We have tested the GCS-2 in live performances by sending a feed to a stage monitor for the guitarist and eliminating the combo or head with stack. The same feedback that you get from a stack or a hot-rod combo can easily be produced in the monitor, and interestingly, with more control.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Very nice...

ADA is some of the best sounding gear ever developed, period...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Awesome. As good as tubes, or better than tubes...

I have used the APP-1 live and in my studio and I have never been so pleased with a stomp box. The tone just jumps out and is so expressive that I can't really go back to the standard amps I have used over the years. All tube amps too: Vox AC-30, Fender Twin, Fender Deluxe, Boogie Mark IV, and a Marshall Plexi -- all sound weak, sterile and lifeless. The D-Torsion is way bad because you can turn is down and squeeze your chords and solos - even more than germanium distortion pedals, if you want. The 2 channels make it a performance preamp when connected to a power amp and a cabinet. They also make a good studio preamp for recording, especially for its low noise and crystal clean clarity. I didn't use the boost section very much because the preamp itself can cut through anything and with precision. My pickups never sounded better and distinct with no loss of identity even at the highest gain settings. The Voicing is superb with the Overdrive setting allowing for a cleaner bass band, if you want it. This is not just another preamp or distortion pedal -- it is something all together different and its presence in the mix is drawing and addictive. ADA is back with something that I couldn't even have dreamt about. 5 STARS!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was a review I found on Amazon, BTW...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice!