Jesus Fucking Christ....Chicago At Tanglewood, Lennox, MA 1970......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Jesus Fucking Christ....Chicago At Tanglewood, Lennox, MA 1970......

I got this on DVD. PRO film shot. 93 minute long. Amazing fucking performance.

Like the band Kansas.......there are no bands like this these days.

REAL fucking musicians.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-30-2013, 11:35 PM.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've always said that Kath/Cetera/Seraphini could have gone out as a power trio without the horn section and rivaled Cream and Hendrix. Jimi even said Kath was better than him. I wouldn't go that far, but they were a damn good band in their original lineup.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

One of their very early gigs after they moved to L.A. in 1969 or so was opening for Jimi at the L.A. Forum April 29, 1969, the very night when Jimi's guitar told a guy in the audience "FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!".

I am not kidding. Late in the set, some guy was hassling him, and it was the GUITAR that spoke in PLAIN ENGLISH.

Would have loved to have been at that fucking show.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Couldn't you just name the thread Chicago At Tanglewood, Lennox, MA 1970 like a normal human ??

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Terry Kath was often referred to as the "white Ray Charles" because of his singing voice.

And him and Cetera get funky on this one. Probably my favorite song from Chicago V since the day I stole the album from my brother.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

those of you as old as me will remember when guitar world had it's 'end page' in the late 90's.

i have a complete collection of guitar world from 1990-present. some older collectors issues also.

apparently Terry's last words were 'don't worry, it's not loaded'.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Holy crap, what a band and what a great loss. FORD is spot on, as essentially Chicago was a Band Of Gypsys/Cream/Grand Funk power trio that just so happened to have a horn section and some goofball occasionally hitting the piano. Their albums always included cool, Alice Cooper-like extras, like the iron on decal (Chicago VIII ) that every cool kid in middle/high school band quickly applied to a black sleeved baseball shirt.

And you always sought out the Terry Kath tunes on each album, even though the entire band contributed great songs. I guess my favorite (aside from the first greatest hits collection) would be Chicago X, which began and ended with a brace of Kath songs.

Sadly after his death, the band turned into some sort of quasi-Air Supply hit machine, with Pete Cetera turning into the personified voice of pussy-ism once held by Kenny Loggins, that was later taken up by Michael Bolton. Today, the "band" is made up of anonymous session players of dubious talent, cranking out horrible live versions of classics like "Questions 67 and 68" and "Dialogue (Part I & II)." Yet that string of albums between 1969 and 1976 make up some of the best ensemble recordings by a big band ever made.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Couldn't you just name the thread Chicago At Tanglewood, Lennox, MA 1970 like a normal human ??
                Couldn't you just go fuck yourself?

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Uhh, no...

Couldn't you move out of your mom's house ??

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

I do not live at my Mom's house dipshit.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Last edited by FORD; 05-01-2013, 12:28 PM.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                        I do not live at my Mom's house dipshit.
                        maybe you should have paid her some rent...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          One of their very early gigs after they moved to L.A. in 1969 or so was opening for Jimi at the L.A. Forum April 29, 1969, the very night when Jimi's guitar told a guy in the audience "FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!".

I am not kidding. Late in the set, some guy was hassling him, and it was the GUITAR that spoke in PLAIN ENGLISH.

Would have loved to have been at that fucking show.
                          ?....

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            No shit. I avoided this thread for days thinking it was JC attending a Bulls game.
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                              No shit. I avoided this thread for days thinking it was JC attending a Bulls game.
                              No, hath not done so recently.... not since the days of Michael whose surname was likened unto the river Jordan

Comment

Working...