X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Well, if you prefer to discuss the cartoons that EVERYONE knows about & about which EVERYTHING has been written & dissected, FINE!

I'll go sulk in the corner.

Cheers!

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

We'll get to "Felix the Cat" later, Ima.... patience...
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
        Well, if you prefer to discuss the cartoons that EVERYONE knows about & about which EVERYTHING has been written & dissected, FINE!

Cheers!
        are you saying here at the army we can go over and over and over the same old shit ... what, in this thread with my reputation (fast show)

fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

No, no, you kids have fun with your fancy, wacky Tex Avery cartoons.

Don't mind me. After all, why discuss Sartre when you have Stephen King?

Peasants.

Cheers!

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

My favourite toon is in this video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Now, THIS is one of the best new toons out there. I understand they're working on a deal for US networks. I fucking love this show.

Jimmy Falcone and his family are in the Witness Protection Program, and have been relocated to Regina, Saskatchewan. It's fookin hilarious!

Voodoo Highway Music scored the promo and pilot episode for Fugget About it.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                Feel free to straddle a fence post, Craig.......

Since when is maintaining a modicum of unbiased decency a bad thing? A moderator is just what the title implies: Not looking down one's nose at people one happens to disagree with. And fuck, I'm not even a moderator when it comes down to it. I pretty much park the cars around here, getting rid of the spambots not picked up by the board's internal software while trying not to spill my drink all over the keyboard.

I could care less about content, let alone intent in some goofball's postings. As long as it doesn't get the site into any legal hot water, who cares?

Yet all of this "he said/she said" sniping is really, really starting to wear thin. It is no longer about simple, entertaining gamesmanship, rather it has turned into a bunch of morose, sorrow-filled pity-party hogwash. At times, I feel like I'm stuck on a city bus, caught between two warring factions of homeless people debating whether the sky is blue or somewhat grey.

So yeah, I tend to straddle the fence. Occasionally, I actually open up my yap with some commentary on the whole weary scene, yet I'm far more content with attempting to derail the festivities with some pop-culture nonsense or video clips. You see, believe it or not, I really think this is all a big joke and beneath any merit of effort, let alone thought.

That's how I deal with the situation as it stands. You and some other folks around here are more than welcome to have at it with your own approaches. Ultimately, for me, it's a diversion from patrons, work-related responsibility and kills the time between smoke breaks.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
                Last edited by chefcraig; 05-07-2013, 11:43 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Well thanks, Craig. I'll roll one in your honour as soon as I get the laundry in the dryer.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    Hey, friends and neighbors, I know this is retro and all that, but still...

The classics never die!!

We're all about "retro" up in this joint nowadays!! Look at all the people who have come back. (and who may shortly leave if all the bullshit fighting doesn't stop)

Fuck...we're even calling for the return of SAVICKI....so let's go FULL RETRO!!!

(Not to be confused with "full retard." You should never go full retard. Just ask Sean Penn...2001..."I Am Sam"...went full retard, and went home empty-handed.)
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Cheers!
                      We can sulk together....over an ice cold Michelob!

Here ya go Imapus...

Stay Frosty!
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

Grate, now chefcraig is steering this thread back into the fight.

You know, this whole ordeal could've cost me my sanity, if I had any left.

As it is, I go from early days completely psycho Woody Woodpecker to Bugs Bunny like a fuckin' broken pendulum.

I don't think I may be able to cope anymore.

Now, who needs a shave?

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Since when is maintaining a modicum of unbiased decency a bad thing? A moderator is just what the title implies: Not looking down one's nose at people one happens to disagree with. And fuck, I'm not even a moderator when it comes down to it. I pretty much park the cars around here, getting rid of the spambots not picked up by the board's internal software while trying not to spill my drink all over the keyboard.

I could care less about content, let alone intent in some goofball's postings. As long as it doesn't get the site into any legal hot water, who cares?

Yet all of this "he said/she said" sniping is really, really starting to wear thin. It is no longer about simple, entertaining gamesmanship, rather it has turned into a bunch of morose, sorrow-filled pity-party hogwash. At times, I feel like I'm stuck on a city bus, caught between two warring factions of homeless people debating whether the sky is blue or somewhat grey.

So yeah, I tend to straddle the fence. Occasionally, I actually open up my yap with some commentary on the whole weary scene, yet I'm far more content with attempting to derail the festivities with some pop-culture nonsense or video clips. You see, believe it or not, I really think this is all a big joke and beneath any merit of effort, let alone thought.
                          All of which is why you got landed with the job.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2009

I love me some Foghorn Leghorn!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Warner Brothers cartoons, dude. Chuck Jones was a genius, and Carl Stalling was the original Frank Zappa. Fer fuck's sake, Alex Lifeson stole the following riff for use in a Rush instrumental...

As a fan of both I really should have known this but didn't.

"La Villa Strangiato"

Alex Lifeson unconsciously stole from Raymond Scott's song, "Powerhouse", likely because it burned into his memory from watching cartoons as a child.

From the FAQ on the raymondscott.com website:
                              Q: Did the rock band RUSH get sued and have to pay royalties for their unauthorized use of Raymond Scott's ''Powerhouse'' in their 1978 recording ''La Villa.Strangiato''?
                              A: By the time Raymond Scott's publisher notified the band's management of the infringement, the statute of limitations had expired on the challenge.

But Rush's management, out of deference to Mr. and Mrs. Scott (Raymond was still alive at that point), offered a one-time "penance" payment, feeling it was the ethical thing to do. All involved were happy with the resolution, and Rush has no further financial obligations. Under the settlement, they were not required to accord RS partial songwriting credit on the.piece.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Grate, now chefcraig is steering this thread back into the fight.
                                Ya know what? You are correct. I was name-checked and should have simply ignored it. My mistake, and it won't happen again.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...