Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green Manalishi
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2010

SLAYER kicked a gargantuan amount of ass . Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King were truly under-rated as a guitar duo outside of Metal . I appreciate the straight up fact that they were/are admittedly HUGE Judas Priest fans and were directly inspired by Glen Tipton and K.K. Downing . The only cover they ever recorded was the early Priest classic " Dissident Aggressor " ...and a mighty fine job they did !
    I first saw SLAYER with Overkill in a small roller rink called Skate Palace in '86 or '87 on the Reign In Blood tour . It was fucking fierce !
    R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman - Thanx for the sonic waves.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

What a riff!
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Hmmm...

His left arm is covered and it looks like a dialysis graft or some sort of IV port in his right arm...

I'll bet there's some pain in those riffs...

RIP
        What's up with his arm there is that the spider bite left him with a bad case of flesh eating bacteria, and he apparently had to go through several surgeries as a result. He actually was in danger of losing the arm at one point.

It may have cost him more than an arm though. Toxic shock syndrome is often a by-product of flesh eating bacteria, and that in turn might have been what killed his liver.

Obviously when a rock star drops dead of liver disease, the easy guess is that it was drugs & alcohol that did it. But in this case it might well have been the end result of the spider incident.

Makes me feel a little less guilty about killing two of the little 8 legged bastards today. Fuckers are everywhere around here. Probably not the lethal kind, but when I'm finding bug bites on myself, they need to die anyway.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I got bit by a hobo spider. I used an old family remedy on the bite and it worked. You get a good grade of cigarette tobacco. I used Camels. You get the tobacco wet and soggy and apply it to the bite area and hold it on with a Band Aid or tape. Leave it on overnight. In the morning it will look like a big zit. The tobacco pulls the venom to a head. You lance it with a needle and squeeze all the junk out until it bleeds. Let it bleed to flush it out. Then I used a product called Iodex. It's iodine suspended in a petroleum jelly base. Plain iodine may work. Leave that on for a day. Then alternate the tobacco and iodine each day. It takes awhile but the bite will heal up and mine didn't leave a scar.

Watch for the infection spreading. If it is, you better have a doctor look at it. I know someone else who got bit by a hobo spider and what the doctor used didn't work and they had to keep trying different things. She ended up paying over $1,000 to have it treated. A pack of camels is about $5 and a bottle of Iodex is $15.

This also works on bee stings and other insect bites.
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-04-2013, 02:04 AM.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I was re-stacking firewood and it was full of brown recluses. If you see a brown spider with a fiddle shaped marking on it's back, it's a recluse. The bite is nasty.

I can remember sleeping at my mom's aunt's house in Arizona. She didn't have air conditioning so at night all the windows and doors were open. I'm sleeping on the living room couch and I could hear something hitting the screen door. I went to see what it was and the porch light was on and it attracted all sorts of bugs. On the porch were a bunch of tarantulas and they were jumping up to snag the bugs on the screen door and hitting it and making the noise. Man. I couldn't sleep after seeing what was out there. After that I was looking everywhere for those damn tarantulas. I didn't know those bastards could jump.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-04-2013, 02:14 AM.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I got bit by a hobo spider. I used an old family remedy on the bite and it worked. You get a good grade of cigarette tobacco. I used Camels. You get the tobacco wet and soggy and apply it to the bite area and hold it on with a Band Aid or tape. Leave it on overnight. In the morning it will look like a big zit. The tobacco pulls the venom to a head. You lance it with a needle and squeeze all the junk out until it bleeds. Let it bleed to flush it out. Then I used a product called Iodex. It's iodine suspended in a petroleum jelly base. Plain iodine may work. Leave that on for a day. Then alternate the tobacco and iodine each day. It takes awhile but the bite will heal up and mine didn't leave a scar.

Watch for the infection spreading. If it is, you better have a doctor look at it. I know someone else who got bit by a hobo spider and what the doctor used didn't work and they had to keep trying different things. She ended up paying over $1,000 to have it treated. A pack of camels is about $5 and a bottle of Iodex is $15.

This also works on bee stings and other insect bites.
              I have heard of this, and though I've never smoked the shit, I probably still have some tobacco around here along with some other herbals used in Native American ceremonies.

My only hesitancy about putting tobacco on an open wound would be all the toxic/radioactive shit that they spray the plants with as their growing (which are probably causing more lung cancer in the tobacco addicts than the burning leaves themselves are) Definitely would try to track down some organic tobacco if I were going to use it for that purpose.

It's probably also not a coincidence that nicotine is used as an insecticide.
              Last edited by FORD; 05-04-2013, 02:31 AM.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

RIP Jeff

"Liver failure" at 49?!? Sounds like decades of alcohol abuse to me............sad non the less

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

This is a really neat little interview with Jeff. A few creepy parts about death & how long the band will continue. But you can tell this guy is really just a fun normal guy who would be drinking beers at the weekly kitchen table poker game with buddies. Sad.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Seems like a funny normal guy...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I really, really hope they don't picket his funeral.

Scum.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                          I really, really hope they don't picket his funeral.

Scum.

You KNOW they're going to..
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Seems like a funny normal guy...

Totally. This is really the first time I have seen any type of interview with him. He always looked scary & tough in photos but that was just part of the Slayer act. Seems like a nice guy and what a crummy way to go. I do know he wrote some of the most awesome heavy riffs of all time. I never really liked Slayer solos but the rhythm was unreal.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2010

Let the Slaying begin . Those fuckers are not true Christians by any definition . They are a twisted hate group sadly cloaking themselves in Christianity . I knew something was really wrong with these cretins when they started picketing military funerals .

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

923281_10151972678475200_1491753264_n.jpg

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...