Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    06-26-2004 @ 02:04 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Washington DC show 6/26

Ok,

Eddie came out with his hair down, looking like Eddie, and did not revert to Samerai up-do until after the second song.

I was less than 50 feet from the stage, being in the ist row behind the 5 rows deicated to the ripoff all access plan purchasers.

Set list was the same as has been posted. No changes I noticed.

I will say, to some of your chagrins, that I am not a Sammy fan, but he did do a good job tonight with them.

Those guys were happy, smiling, and did not play sloppy. I am a professional musician and I know tightness when I hear it.

Eddie's long awaited solo was somewhat disapppointing as he resorted to overuse of tapping and too much digital delay. He did not play Eruption in anything save for brief quotes, Much of his solo was spent on volume control noodlings producing the faux bowing effect, while he played minimalist patterns over it, drenched in delay. It got boring.

(I was fortunate to have seen Yngwie Malmsteen at a small club in Baltimore a month or so prior, and Yngwie could smoke Eddie Van Halen, or any other guitarist in the world, for that matter, as Yngwie made George Lynch (the opener that night) look stupid.

Wolfgang joined him on stage (Wolfie had the striped guitar (looked 3/4 sized) and played a simple chordal thing that Dad riffed upon, both kneeling together on the stage. It was poignant, in that Eddie was emotional and kissed his son and announced that he was the future, and that he (Eddie) was the "luckiest fucking person in the world".

The stage is nice, smaller than expected though and the screen, which is encased in a huge cut out land mine was cool looking. Usual gobos and strobes. Lots of audience white light, which was fun.

Michael Anthony's bass solo was simply noise than anyone could have played, but he used the Jack Daniels bass on it. His tone was excellent, as he was playing through 4 Ampeg SVT's.

Thank God, Sammy did not play rhythm guitar but played guitar on his solo segment, which I napped on.

Eddie had 9 of the peavey cabinets, in a three color cabinet array with EVH logo on each cabinet. His amps were racked and unseen. \

Eddie pleyed the famous striped guitar only once, using the Wolfgang exclusively other times. He did the drill thing on Poundcake which was fun.

Eddie regrettably smoked one cigarette on stage but did not look drunk and appeared to be drinking fruit juices. Mike Anthony had at least one corona, and Sammy and he had Sammy's Waboritas in plastic cups. Mike drank one miniature of JD while running around the stage on his bass solo.

Alex's drum solo was very repetitive and as such, boring.

The nicest thing about the show was the obvious happiness those guys displayed. Eddie was all smiles.

And again, sorry to say, Sammy did quite well for them tonight. Much moreso than I ever expected. No Cabo Wabo bullshit.

Use of sequencers or tape for keyboard parts was disappointing though. They should have a live keyboadist off to the side, as Aerosmith did on their 9 lives tour.

Anyway, there you have it.
    Last edited by Atomicsynth; 06-26-2004 at 01:56 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

TMR
    You have to be joking!!

"Those guys were happy, smiling, and did not play sloppy. I am a professional musician and I know tightness when I hear it."

This is why your name will never be mentioned!! Professional Musician...LOL

The only hightlight worth mentioning is Eddie's son on stage, other then that ...The music sucks!! Van Hagar lacks creativity and soul in there music.

Sam trying to sing Dave's lyrics....LOL
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-14-2009 @ 07:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    who gives a fuck.

TMR
    Originally posted by azcrdnal
    who gives a fuck.

LOL.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    06-26-2004 @ 02:04 AM
    Status
    Thanks

TMR
    Roth Army Moderator

It's obvious to me that you're a fucking idiot, as are many audience members at shows.

And I don't have to justify myself to you, asshole.

I posted this review as a courtesy to you guys. In honesty, most of what I read on this forum is stupid and as such, feel free to remove my membership as I have no further interest in your site.

And on a final note, perthaps if David Lee Roth (though he blew Hagar off the stage at Nissan last year( weren't such an arrogant asshole, he might have been in Van Halen tonight.
    Last edited by Atomicsynth; 06-26-2004 at 02:04 AM.

TMR
    Originally posted by Atomicsynth
    TMR
    Roth Army Moderator

It's obvious tpo me that you're a fucking idiot, as are many audience members at shows.

You are a LOSER!

Let me spell it out for you......WWW.DLRARMY.COM

DLRARMY = DAVID LEE ROTH

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! Try these websites for future reference: WWW.VAN-HALEN.COM or WWW.VHLINKS.COM

Have a nice day!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

LMFAO what a little bitch! The guy expects us to suck his cock, and when we don't he cries and runs away! Classic!

TMR
    Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    LMFAO what a little bitch! The guy expects us to suck his cock, and when we don't he cries and runs away! Classic!

LOL........exactly! What a wuss!

This is for the little bitch who calls himself a professional musician......

WUSS= short for wimp and pussy!
    Last edited by TMR; 06-26-2004 at 02:15 AM.

Where's Diamond Jerkoffs!
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    02-01-2011 @ 08:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks

TMR
    Roth Army Moderator

It's obvious to me that you're a fucking idiot, as are many audience members at shows.

I posted this review as a courtesy to you guys. In honesty, most of what I read on this forum is stupid and as such, feel free to remove my membership as I have no further interest in your site.

And on a final note, perthaps if David Lee Roth (though he blew Hagar off the stage at Nissan last year( weren't such an arrogant asshole, he might have been in Van Halen tonight.

Roth Army, gets a little notice in a media column Friday, and here comes the professional writers to plant bogus reviews. I just finished reading the reviews on the DC concert Friday night at VHLinks. I guarantee 1/3 to ½ of those full reviews are professional written, just like this one.

I can tell from reading your review, first time-joined today poster, that you were not even at that concert! Do you always use newspaper type formatting and spacing for your first time-joined today post on an “aged rocker’s fan support site”?

## Sarge and Moderators ##

I am fairly new at Roth Army, but I think this post and thread should be permanently stricken. I am also a journalist, and I know the game here. Professional journalists or writers will show up on this site and plant these bogus fan reviews. That way when this person’s buddy journalists, or other journalists, come to this site for posted comments, to be used in new article generation, these bogus posts can be quoted and attributed to this site and the general feelings of the Roth Army membership. It’s the oldest trick in the book.

Please excuse my typos and grammar. I’m exhausted after a very long day, but felt compelled to file my post in this regard. Thank you.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Washington DC show 6/26

Eddie regrettably smoked one cigarette on stage but did not look drunk and appeared to be drinking fruit juices.
    LOL!!! Formented grape juices!!!! :p

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    06-26-2004 @ 03:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I saw the show in DC tonight, last night, whatever. I enjoyed it. It was missing something tho... mainly David Lee Roth.

Where's Diamond Jerkoffs!
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    02-01-2011 @ 08:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks

From VH Links:

Oh yeah, this sounds just like a VH fan wrote this post. It reads more like a forensic pathology report, but it's a "press feeder". Again in newspaper type format and spacing.

##########

June 25 - Washington, D.C. - Reviews with 4&5 Star included.

http://www.vhlinks.com/forums/showfl...5&o=&fpart=all

###########

AngelEyes
    Posted 06.25.04 09:51 PM

Set List:

Friday, June 25, 2004
    Venue: MCI Center
    Opening Act: Silvertide

1. Jump
    2. Runaround
    3. Humans Being
    4. Up For Breakfast (new, Eddie used the striped guitar)
    5. Bass solo (with Jack Daniels bass)
    6. Somebody Get Me A Doctor (Michael Anthony on vocals with Jack Daniels bass)
    7. Poundcake
    8. It's About Time (new)
    9. Drum solo
    10. Top Of The World
    11. Unchained
    12. Why Can’t This Be Love
    13. Eagles Fly (solo acoustic performance by Sammy)
    14. Deeper Kinda Love (solo acoustic performance by Sammy)
    15. Learning To See (new)
    16. Best Of Both Worlds
    17. Guitar solo (with Wolfgang Van Halen)
    18. Dreams
    19. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love
    20. Right Now
    21. You Really Got Me (encore 1)
    22. Panama (encore 2)
    23. When It’s Love (encore 3)

We arrived at MCI Center at 7:00 p.m., which was 30 minutes prior to show time. The average age of attendees was about 37.

Security checked every bag. However, if you did not carry a bag, you could have carried anything in your pockets.

Silvertide, from Philadelphia, Pennyslvania, opened the show to a half packed house. They played from 7:30 to 8:00 p.m. They played about 5 songs which all sounded the same. This band would be good in a small venue.

House music played about 10 or fewer songs. They played Rush’s La Villa Strangiato, then 3 more songs before the house lights went to black.

Van Halen hit the stage at 8:34 p.m. The arena was 90% full. Some chunks of upper sections were obviously blocked off. The rest of the arena was packed. There was not a bad seat in the house, even in the nose bleed seats. The floor seats do not appear to be good, unless you were sitting in the first few rows, or you are tall. Everyone on the floor stood during the entire performance. The best seats would probably be a quarter or half way up the right side of the arena.

Sammy was wearing a yellow shirt, yellow pants, and red shoes. The Golden Ring seats were filled to capacity with approximately 36 persons on stage left, and a similar or slightly fewer number on the right.

The “spike ball” hanging above stage was introduced during Humans Being. Also, at the beginning of Humans Being, Sammy announced the band had arrived just 30 minutes prior, due to a delayed flight from “f@#%ed up” weather conditions.

During the bass solo, Michael chugged a mini Jack Daniels bottle. At the conclusion of the solo, Sammy and Michael enjoyed a shot. While Michael performed his solo, Eddie rearranged his hair and started the next song sporting his new “samurai” bun.

Poundcake featured the classic drill by Eddie.

Alex was obviously very pleased with his drum solo, and he let out a big smile. Eddie gave him a “high five” at the conclusion of the solo. Alex received 2 standing ovations.

Scaffolding was used during two songs by Sammy including Top Of The World and Dreams.

The crowd was really into the show, but they especially came alive during Unchained.

Sammy introduced Eagles Fly by explaining that the song was about being born again.

The classic, “You know what time it is? It’s 5150 time!” line introduced Best Of Both Worlds. During this song, the large viewing screens gave a shot at the front row crowd. One chick proceeded to lift her top and bared her breasts!

Eddie’s solo was extended, including a mini speed Eruption, Little Guitars, tap Eruption, the crowd chanting “Eddie, Eddie”, Cathedral, more tapping, Eddie telling the crowd that he’s just “fucking off”, more Cathedral, Eruption, and finally sitting down on the edge of the stage. He began playing 316, then stopped, but the music did not! Then, son, Wolfgang appeared and he and Eddie played back and forth. Wolfgang played a loop of Eruption while Eddie mixed in with some complimenting riffs.

The crowd chanted, “Hey, Hey, Hey” at the end of Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love.

During Right Now, a movie played, customized with periodic shots of Washington, DC landmarks.

The band left the stage.

On the first encore, Michael came out in a hockey jersey that represented the local Washington team. Sammy changed to a red shirt.

MCI Center physically shook during the second encore, Panama.

The band left the stage again, and came back for the third encore.

A number of movies played on the spike ball and 2 screens adorning the left and right of stage. Many shirts and banners were thrown on stage. Sammy wore one shirt during a song, and wrapped several banners around his waist. Sammy could be seen signing autographs during songs. During one song he got carried away and another band member temporarily took over vocal duties until Sammy got back to the microphone. For the David Lee Roth era songs, Sammy appeared to have picked up some stage moves a la Roth. There was no sign of drug use at MCI.

Overall, there was lots of energy and singing from the crowd. This would make a great boot!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What scares me more than anything is that these are fucking kids that are paying for this snoozapalooza? I thought that's what happened when one got older? No wonder the youth is so overweight and we get the "don't pick on poor Wolfie shit?!?!!?

I'm beyond disgusted regarding how truly pathetic shit is and what people will settle with?

My new reality show proposal to the networks, it's sort of a cross between Sanford and Son, The Jetsons and a Kraft mac and cheese add.

Here's a bit from the pilot:

"Look dear, it's a steaming piece of shit?"

"Sorry honey but I'm too tired to make a cake."

"No problem, I'm such a mindless tool that I'll eat this turd anyhow and pretend whilst chewing that it's as good as real cake!"

FIRELITE
    TMR
    Roth Army Moderator

That's because Dave has something to be arrogant about. I'd rather have an arrogant front man than a dish rag.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Ok,

Anyway, there you have it.

Nice review.. I got a good sense of how patheticly boring the show is...

Thanks

guwapo_rocker
    Umm 6/26 that's today isn't it?
    Or did I sleep through Saturday again?

Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-16-2007 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Atomicsynth.

Chaz Rock City
    About Eddie's playing with the the drill, he stole that from Paul Gibert when he was in Mr Big.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Wrong

Paul Gilbert had a pick on the end of a drill bit...

Edward held the drill motor over the pickup...

Member No
    Last Online
    09-20-2006 @ 01:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Dickhead PLEASE don't mention that "never was " Malmsteen with Ed ever again,it's like comparing Jordan to Hersey Hawkins,There's a REASON why that dickhead has been playing the same fucking solo over and over again since RISING FORCE!!He bombed here in Vegas just like Roth didi!!!Years from now people will look back and say Eddie Van Halen PERIOD!!Joe who?Vai who?Malmsteen what?
    KID VEGAS!

Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-16-2007 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Kid your always good for a laugh.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-31-2013 @ 05:10 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by kidvegas
    Years from now people will look back and say Eddie Van Halen PERIOD!!Joe who?Vai who?Malmsteen what?
    KID VEGAS!
    I agree with Kid here.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Why do they post Hagar reviews here?

The place for Hagar lovers is at the Links. They have a whole forum dedicated to this cash grab, but they keep coming over here.

Oh, the humanity.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    TMR
    Roth Army Moderator

You posted a review of a Van Hagar show on a site dedicated to classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth as a courtesy? To who, the dozens of sheep who have flocked over here in the last few months and saturate every post with their imbecilic Van Hagar wet dreams of grandeur?

Fuck Van Hagar. Who gives a shit if they're playing on a professional level? That should be a given, not a point of compliment.

They can play all that shit exactly like it was on the records and it still won't be worth spending money to see, because Van Hagar was always a subpar version of what came before it. Musically, lyrically, instrumentally, live and in the studio.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

These reviews sound like they were written by sheep. However there is a common thread throughout all these reviews. The crowd gets most excited if they play a Classic Van Halen song. Imagine how crazy they would go if it was the original Van Halen performing it !

Can you imagine Dave singing a Hagar tune and the crowd enjoying it more than his material ?? Sammy must have a nail driven through him everytime the crowd is the most intense when its a Dave song.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHHA

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by kidvegas
    Hey Dickhead PLEASE don't mention that "never was " Malmsteen with Ed ever again,it's like comparing Jordan to Hersey Hawkins,There's a REASON why that dickhead has been playing the same fucking solo over and over again since RISING FORCE!!He bombed here in Vegas just like Roth didi!!!Years from now people will look back and say Eddie Van Halen PERIOD!!Joe who?Vai who?Malmsteen what?
    KID VEGAS!
    Years from now people will be saying what they're already saying about Eddie Van Halen:

Incredible from 1978 to 1984.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    11-11-2012 @ 08:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I went to the show as well Saturday night, and as one person said it was good but it was missing something, namely DLR.

The biggest round of applause all evening - Unchained of course.

Sammy did go a good job I have to admit, first time ever that I have seen him cover the old VH were he actually put some effort into it.

If I was to make an open minded critique I would have to say that the solos are BORING in this band now. Does anyone besides actual musicians really enjoy the bass and drum solos. YAWN! I have seen them live for over 20 years now and the solos have hardly changed.

And Sam's little acoustic solo is called a piss break, it really kills the show.

Ed's solo was too long and it is the same ole crap he has been doing for the last ten years.

I paid the money to see Ed, and he is absolutely no where near the player he was ten years ago. Maybe a bad night, but that was the worst I have ever seen him play. He had lots of "oops I fucked up" looks on his face after mistakes, so I don't think he was improvising (could be wrong, I am not a musician).

Probably will not spend the money to see VH again without Roth, Eddie to me is no longer worth the price of admission on his own.
    Last edited by Dave's Dradle; 06-28-2004 at 02:32 PM.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally Posted By A Trained Hagarita Fan Those guys were happy, smiling, and did not play sloppy. I am a professional musician and I know tightness when I hear it.

ehhhhehehe...hey buttmunch....eheheheheh.....whadaya mean you know tightness when ya hear it.....eeheheheheheh...did you hear Eddie's tightness?......ehehehehehh....what an idiot....ehehehehheh

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    Umm 6/26 that's today isn't it?
    Or did I sleep through Saturday again?
    6/26 was in Albany, NY. went for free, gave it a 4, blah, blah posted it all in another thread.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I would never put my reputation as a musician on the line to protect this afterbirth of a VH Reunion.

I've heard all the boots and anyone who thinks Ed is kicking ass isn't much of a musician themselves.

Yeah Ed is so very tight when he botches a tune, the problem is that the way they used to recover from miss-steps is not working anymore.

In fact, not much is working for them this time around and i don't care how "happy and all smiles" they are...Remember, they are the kings of denial in the Rock World.

Hmmm, any shows been sold out yet? I notice that they are doing two shows in some areas. That used to be a thing they do when a show sold out but this time i think it is more for appearance in hopes it will generate interest to sell tickets.

Atomicsynth, I appreciate your review, but you gave Spammy props and you should have known that wouldn't go over well here. this is not your daddy's Links site and in the future you should use better judgement.

Which makes me wonder why all you Spam fans drift away from your havens to try and throw sand in our faces, salt in our wounds, etc.
    Personally, I don't ever want to see Dave back in VH...They do not deserve the spotlight he would surely bring their way and they have pissed on this Classic fan for the last time.
    Even if they did "figure out" that Dave is their only road back to Rock Supremecy i wouldn't attend that show either....

Dave is better off doing whatever the hell he wants to do as long as he stays away from those two asshole brothers who have zero concept of where they came from and who buttered their fucking bread.

Thread Information