ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

Proof Roger Goodell is a fag

It’s been at least a day, maybe longer, since the T-word has appeared in this space.

For those of you with zero interest in Tim Tebow, scroll on by. For those who continue to be intrigued by the future of a man who led the Broncos in 2011 to the final eight of the NFL’s annual postseason tournament but now can’t find a job in football, read on.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell would be among those reading on, based on his comments to Steve Wyche of NFL Network regarding whether it’s good to have Tebow in the league.

“Well, he’s a great young man,” Goodell said of Tebow. “And I try to stay out of the decisions about who should be playing in the NFL and on what team. But as a young man, he’s just a super young guy, and I sure hope he’s part of the NFL going forward. He’s just a terrific young man and represents all of the values that I think all of our players do. I’m very proud of our players. I think, as a group, they’re extraordinary young men, and I love to see the things they’re doing in the community. They’re obviously great athletes on the field, but these are great young men, and Tim’s a good example of that.”

While Goodell has no ability to compel teams to sign certain players, he surely can make recommendations or pose innocuous questions that reveal his preferences.

He doesn’t have to do that. Via his comments to the league-owned media conglomerate, the 32 teams know where the boss stands: Tebow is good for the broader business interests of the league.

So is there’s anyone looking to score points with the Commish (or, in the case of the Saints, to continue to work their way out of the doghouse), giving Tebow a chance could help in that regard.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I really wish Ndahmukong Suh would just give Tebone a career-ending injury after a 20-yard sack. That would be poetic justice.

And to all you Tim T-bone fags, I just have to say...

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Just curious, why the hate?

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Just curious, why the hate?
    No hate on my end, not even really a dislike, just a "will they ever shut up about this guy" attitude. I get that he is religious and regarded as a good guy but as far as the NFL goes he is a mediocre QB at best and I really don't understand the constant fuss over him. As far as Suh laying the hurt on somebody, I save those thoughts and wishes for Jay Cuntler and Tony rHomo.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    No hate on my end, not even really a dislike, just a "will they ever shut up about this guy" attitude. I get that he is religious and regarded as a good guy but as far as the NFL goes he is a mediocre QB at best and I really don't understand the constant fuss over him. As far as Suh laying the hurt on somebody, I save those thoughts and wishes for Jay Cuntler and Tony rHomo.
    Throw in Payton Manning while your at it!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    Yeah, I get that.. They do seem to make a big deal about him.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Yeah, this entire "Tebow is remarkable" thing gets quite annoying after a while, yet when you think about it, where did the spin come from? Yup, you guessed it, ESPN. The network has turned into some quasi-People magazine-like, one stop entertainment/infotainment place for the avid and casual sports fan alike.

And it's just so damned disingenuous, much like when the WWE (formally the WWF) changing their business plan in the 1990s to representing sports entertainment, instead of wrestling. ESPN has turned into the sports-related Entertainment Tonight of basic cable television. The difference of course being that Nancy O'Dell occasionally has somebody check the facts before she blurts out a story.

Back to Tebow...so what? Warren Moon suffered in obscurity for years, and by all rights should be counted as one of the best QBs ever to take a snap. Sadly, this will never happen, as too few people actually take the effort to follow sports on anything more than a hurried-up, not-so-deep level (including sports writers and announcers). And how about Doug Williams, a man that actually won a Super Bowl, yet couldn't land a job the following season? Those two cases friends and neighbors, are tragedies. Tim Tebow's plight, by simple comparison, is merely a toothache.

At least that is how I see things.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-11-2024 @ 01:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Chef,

Warren Moon pointed out, some of the obscure QBs like himself, Doug Flutie, and Jeff Garcia could THROW the ball with some accuracy and consistency out of school and in the Great White North. So when they entered the NFL finally, they weren't projects like Tebow currently is. And obviously, I don't think any of those three would be considered "obscure" although Garcia may border on it outside San Francisco (gay or not, the guy had a hot wifeI like Tebow-mania, would be cool to see him overcome adversity in terms of his horrible mechanics and being written off by everyone. Agree with your final comment, if Tebow had legitimate talent AT THE POSITION, it would be more than a "toothache."

Mind The Gap!©®™

Icon©®™

9. Thanked conmee for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (05-15-2013)

Thread Information