X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Star Trek into darkness

Finally persuaded my eldest to accompany me to the movies to see this , once she finishes her tea.
    So spoiler free review to follow .
    fuck your fucking framing
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Does not arrive here in the states until Friday.

I get off work....I go straight to the theater....

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Won't spoilt it for folks , but it's pretty fucking good

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
        Won't spoilt it for folks , but it's pretty fucking good
        Cool, meant to see it last weekend (have free movie passes, FFS), but was a bit under the weather... definitely want to try and catch it this weekend!
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Oh I am sure it kicks ass. The last one blew my mind, as I have posted numerous times.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Gents I won't say much because I'll spoil it ,but it rocks big time .
            You will not be disappointed.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2009

I'm planning on going this weekend, glad to hear it is good, I loved the last one, and I'm not even a Trek fan.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's fine but

UNLEASH THE SPOILERS....

DON'T GO ANY FURTHER

SPOILER ALERT

SERIOUSLY....

OK

OK

YOU WERE WARNED...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A lot of stuff bugged me about this movie bringing it down to a 6/10.

I'm not a Trekkie by a long way but have seen most of the movies and most of TNG and the original series.

So in list form

1) Is it just me but is NewKirk not a bit of a dick? Has the guy any charisma beyond his Angelina Jolie lips? If you met him would you want to go for a beer?

2) It's a bit tiresome as a Scottish person to have an English guy impersonate a Canadian impersonating a Scot but ok whatever.

3) Magic blood? Really? Magic fucking blood? You repeat the most poignant scene from any Star Trek movie but replace the whole next movie Genesis plot line with magic blood. Did anyone who saw this think for a second that Kirk had died?

Also apart from the magic blood in Khan we have 72 other magic blood people to use so lets not go risk our lives to ridiculous levels to get his.

4) Afterwards we freeze the magic blood people and the power of immortality? Hmm...

5) Jerkoff can lift 2 people with 1 arm? This is such a movie piece of crap thing you always see. Hero grabs bar with one arm, hangs over precipice and pulls himself up. Most people can't do that. To extend it to 2 people is pushing it to fuck, especially when physically Checkov makes me look like The Rock.

6) 1 Stun shot on the bridge stuns Khan but 6 at the climax have no effect?

7) I heard a Nerdism that when Spock in the earlier movies sees his home planet, family, billions of people, and everyone he has ever known his human side means he looks a bit perturbed. In this movie he's shouting KHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAN at the merest provocation.

I'm sure there are dozens of super researched assassinations of this film on the web by Trekkie experts. I'm just talking here about those that will annoy a 'normal' person.

It was ok...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also just sayin but it's a great bar argument which I will hand to you guys.

The new Star Trek franchise is set 250 years in the future.

Unless for most of that time the world is run by extreme fascist organisations then it's pretty fucking unlikely that in the 10 generations between us and them that everyone wouldn't end up being mixed race?

Over 90% of the planet are not white, how likely is it that most of the Enterprise personnel is?

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Now that you mention it, it is odd that the only character in the original Star Trek cast (and also the new movies) of mixed ethnicity was Spock, and his parents were from two different planets.

Of course the old school Captain Kirk did his best..... he was hitting on everything female from one end of the galaxy to the other. White....black....green....blue.... didn't matter to him. But in the end, his only apparent offspring (seen in Star Trek II) was born to a white woman. Maybe in the new franchise Kirk and Uhura might actually hook up and have a kid?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Is it just me that always hears that name as A Whore A?

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I have a nobba/genius at work who says such stupid/genius things that he has hit legendary status.

So his take on star wars is this .

"The original star wars it was great, dead good loved all the space ships .the second one that empire strikes back that was great. dead exciting loved the darth vader bits. But that jedi one fuck me that was far fetched"

Sesh beware

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fair comment but magic blood for fuck sake...???

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Isn't the magic blood thing more or less a ripoff of the "midi-chlorians" thing from the Star Wars prequels??

Midi-chlorians were microscopic, intelligent life forms that originated from the foundation of life in the center of the galaxy and ultimately resided within the cells of all living organisms, thereby forming a symbiotic relationship with their hosts. The Force spoke through the midi-chlorians, allowing certain beings to use the Force if they were sensitive enough to its powers. In order to gauge an individual's potential in the Force, blood tests were used to estimate the number of midi-chloria
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...