• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ok you've taken this too far now...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

After you nerds go "All".. Light Sabre vs. Phazer, capabilities on each other for another hour and calm down take your Ritilin get your jammies on with the footies... I will tell you what a pussy feels like.

J/k I am a major Trek nerd much more believable and better story lines that Star Wars.

I want to see this movie, but you all have to understand this movie and the new crew have to appeal to a new generation of fans and create a base for future movie and monies...many of these kids have no idea about the original series or the 6 movies of the original crew.

Thank god it isn't like the Star Trek TV ( Enterprise) series with Scott Bakula it had potential but set in ther Kirk Era tried too hard not to over step the bounds of what was... then jumped the shark and the crew were reacting with alien beings that weren't introduced until TNG was on tv. Not Cool!!

The New crew for the movies; as in this movie, are set in Kirks time but to make it exciting thier weaponry and space suits and such are much more capable that the limits of the original series.

Not a good thing, but not boring like the Bakula TV show. Evil if you will..but needed to bring it to 2013 standards of movie making ...

The overly sensative Spock is pure D Dumbshit though..I will say that he is the logic of -Kirks Mind- and isn't effected by the ego....ok I have gone too far...

...carrots log: star date, 2013.point 5...out.
      Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You know why Enterprise failed?

That goddamn annoying cheese ballad theme song. They "Van Hagared" Star Trek

Scott Bakula was alright, but he ended up looking like Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap, in charge of a spaceship. Without Al to bail him out, unfortunately.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

The problem is modern filming techniques and the industrial light and majic companies innability to produce something real, there is all of these professionals who won't make it look the part they all want to show their talents and the show ( Enterprise) looked plastic and way to sharp.

TNG was the last great grasp of what it all was about Roddenberry was alive and he is was the man to keep it all real.

I did like this first New Crew ( Feature Movies)...but find the Spock character way to affected by the scenes.

I can deal because Abbrams is really pretty damn true to the mix.

Edit: I did however like the " plastic " light shining glare in the camera Abbrams used in the first New Crew Movie kinda ccol. Some comedy guy said the New Trek looked like the sets were built by the same guy who build the IPhone stores..lol..and it did kinda..lol.
            Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I never watched it but I'm guessing it didn't help that there could be no tension.

Prequels mean you know that no major characters are going to die and the Earth isn't going to be blown up.

I know we kind of know that anyway in any of these films/shows but when it's a prequel it makes it harder to ignore that.

I also heard it was rushed out before the scripts were ready.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Now that you mention it, it is odd that the only character in the original Star Trek cast (and also the new movies) of mixed ethnicity was Spock, and his parents were from two different planets.

Of course the old school Captain Kirk did his best..... he was hitting on everything female from one end of the galaxy to the other. White....black....green....blue.... didn't matter to him. But in the end, his only apparent offspring (seen in Star Trek II) was born to a white woman. Maybe in the new franchise Kirk and Uhura might actually hook up and have a kid?

Uhura is already hooked up with Spock in this "reboot" (at least in the 1st one).
                Last edited by jhale667; 05-16-2013, 09:41 PM.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...