• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarathecarrot
    Full Member Status

• May 2010

RED BULL Power Drinks..?

DAVE DRINKS IT!!!

What is it ..I have never ever drank any of the power drinks the Elixirs..as they say. I am a Apple Juice and Vicodin, Kinda Guy.

Narcotics and some good juices.

So, after seeing DLR with a case of Red Bull on the kitchen table and 62 boxes of Pop Tarts. I wondered ?

Should I try this shit and is it better than synthetic morphones to easy my wreched body.

I have had one to two of the 8oz cans a day for the last two weeks and I seem to feel better about thinks. I also started smoking the Menthols again so, it could be that.

Meat Sugar, Caffeine, and Bile! Here is the list of the mains in RED BULL

Glucose
    Like most popular soft drinks, Red Bull is largely sugar water. But don't count on its glucose to "give you wings," as the ad says. Multiple studies have debunked the so-called sugar high.

Taurine
    Also known as 2-aminoethanesulfonic acid, taurine was originally isolated from bull bile in 1827. Now made synthetically, it is the magical elixir said to bring out the kitesurfing extremophile in any Web-surfing nerd. Taurine's actual effects, while not as drastic as the hype, are pretty wide-ranging, even from the amount found in a single can: Not only is it an inhibitory neurotransmitter (in some cases acting as a mild sedative) and an age-defying antioxidant, it even has the potential to steady irregular heartbeats.

Glucuronolactone
    Internet rumors claimed this was a Vietnam-era experimental drug that causes brain tumors. Luckily, that's not true. But don't crumple up your tinfoil hat yet — hardly anyone has looked into exactly what this stuff does. So little research has been done on glucuronolactone (and most of it 50 years ago) that almost all information about it is mere rumor. Users generally believe it fights fatigue and increases well-being, but that could turn out to be bull, too.

Caffeine
    Ah, here are Red Bull's wings. All the things this drink is supposed to do for you — increase concentration and reaction speed, improve emotional state, and boost metabolism — are known effects of this white powder, a distant cousin of cocaine.

Niacin (niacinamide)
    Also known as vitamin B-3, niacin increases so-called good cholesterol (HDL) by preventing the formation of triglycerides, making it a terrific cholesterol drug. Unfortunately, there isn't enough niacin here to have this benefit. And it's not even pure enough to give you the mild head rush dubbed the "niacin flush."

Sodium citrate
    Commonly used as a preservative in soft drinks and spreadable cheeses, sodium citrate also helps convert glucose into lactic acid during exercise, producing a measurable effect on athletic performance. In at least one test, it shaved an average of 17 seconds off a 5K run.

Inositol
    A carbohydrate found in animal muscle (sometimes called "meat sugar"), inositol is turning out to be a wonder drug that significantly reduces depression, panic attacks, agoraphobia, and obsessive- compulsive disorder. It might even be what makes whole grains effective cancer fighters. Instead of being a bit player in Red Bull (you'd need to drink as many as 360 cans a day to get its benefits), inositol probably deserves a drink of its own.

Monster Energy, what is it wich one is the best..?

Why am I 30 years behind this fenom..waited for the best to rise up ? what is best..for you..?

What are the Kids Drinking These Days..?

Should, I invest in that South Asian Ocean company that is making, Kelp Pellets...?

Can you people help me with a few comments on what works for you all... what is the, Jive Man..?

Any Comments Welcome.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-15-2013, 07:30 PM.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Ed was drinking them every show as well....

The only time I drink Red Bull is if I'm driving for a few hours....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Ed was drinking them every show as well....

The only time I drink Red Bull is if I'm driving for a few hours....
      So You use it as a caffine stimulant as opposed to the Health Benifites some use it for...?

The They, Say ? It is good for you ..?

I will say I am not as irritable as when I would drink Coffee all day to keep functioning.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Yeah, I don't need it jacking up my blood pressure....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
          Full Member Status

• May 2010

and ...Mountain Dew hurts my gut after I drink one that staight ascorbic acid is hell on my stomach I never drink that .

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Yeah, I don't need it jacking up my blood pressure....
            Same here..The Red Bull hasn't made me shaky.

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I heard it's originally an aphrodisiac from Thailand.
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

High on the "DON'T LIST" for those of us who suffer from Kidney Stones....so NO FUCKING WAY for me!!!

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

There race team pretty much owns formula 1 right now.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Last Thursday I had 8 cans of Red Bull.

It was manageable if a little unpleasant.

I had to stay awake for 48 hours for work reasons and it all worked out ok.

It's always amusing reading how fearful people are of stuff that has to go through the FDA and whatever but who when they were younger with more to lose smoked and snorted anything put in front of them...

Comment

• Sarge
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I don't see why Dave drinks those. He seems conscious about his fitness.
                      ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                      The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                      [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Matt White
                        High on the "DON'T LIST" for those of us who suffer from Kidney Stones....so NO FUCKING WAY for me!!!
                        !!??...I thought those were caused by too much grtendon eating like from chicken fat and eating to close to the bone on chicken..calcium type thing..?

What in Red Bull causes that reaction the "Meat Fat" Inosutol..listed ....?

I am writing this only because I thought it was Chicken that caused the Kidney Stone issue...not beef connective tissues..?

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The best Red Bull drink was Red Bull Cola. Which sadly isn't available anymore, because somebody (probably from the corporate offices of either Coke or Pepsi) started a rumor that there was cocaine in it. Technically there were trace amounts.... just as there is in Coca-Cola. But the damage was done, and the product pulled from the shelves. (at least in the US. I hear it's still available in Europe)

Sucks too, it was good stuff. Less sweet than other colas, had all the energy "benefits" of Red Bull, and no high fructose corn poison, which is why I don't touch regular Red Bull.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Coyote
                            I heard it's originally an aphrodisiac from Thailand.
                            I haven't found myself at -The Neighbor Lady's Trailor Park Window -any more than normal. the last two weeks I have been using....but, she isn't from Thailand ?

She, from Finetown..lol

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Sarge
                              I don't see why Dave drinks those. He seems conscious about his fitness.
                              Maybe they are a possitive..?? for some...I sure haven't liked the taste of most sodas the last 20 years or so.

I have a theory... the old wives tale or -Doctors Tale- ( taught in school) of 8 glasses of water a day is not the best for us, the water -wastes- washes all your nutrients away..you should work in a sports drink like Gatorade or something to keep some minerals (electrolytes) in the game.

I cut my Gatorade or sports drinks..(used them for years just never the elixirs ( Red Bull ) as mentioned in the first post) I cut them 50/50 with water so I don't get what I call -Bonked- ( over salted and over sugared).

I used to work so hard, that I burned everything daily. I maintained around 3000 calories a day food intake (for 30 years) but burned 5000 easy.. so, it was great, but I am slowing down now due to a lifetime of injuries and want the, best, most .. .....but may not be burning what all I intake.

So, I am looking around at all of this "bosting elixir jazz" for a intake that doesn't weigh 4 lbs in my gut...lol.
                              Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-15-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...