Kid Rock Summer Tour - ZZ Top To Open For This Loser......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Kid Rock Summer Tour - ZZ Top To Open For This Loser......

Kid Rock is not worthy to smell ZZ Top's shit.

I saw a piece of an article on scalping tickets for tours this year, and it is very informative about the current state of the live concert ticketing industry, but towards the bottom they discuss KR's summer tour:

Kid Rock's discount ticket pricing is leading a change in tours where scalpers play a major role as the marketplace for secondary sources for tickets continues to grow, especially in a summer when key acts like The Rolling Stones, Beyonce, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z are on the road. "If I see a scalper, I'll scalp him," the Rolling Stones' Keith Richards said, laughing.

Kid Rock, whose tour openers include ZZ Top, Uncle Kracker and Kool and the Gang, is playing the same venues he's performed at in the past, but he said he's filling up more seats and selling tickets faster. Even scalpers have approached the performer to cut deals.
    Oh how the Mighty have fallen.

Seriously.

ZZ Top has been a headlining act since the early fucking 70s.

And they are OPENING for Kid Jackoff?

Sure.....on the plus side they will be playing for large audiences and possibly making a lot of new fans......

But that just sucks fucking ass.

For all you guys who dig KR, more power to ya.

I have never been impressed by him or anything he has ever even remotely attempted to do.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-24-2013, 09:47 PM.
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Wouldn't go if I had a free ticket....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

I think ZZ Top's just glad they can still stand up.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Oh I agree. I have posted several times over the past 10 years how I saw them in about 2003 or so, and they had become so slow (musically AND physically), that they looked in danger of shifting into reverse.....

But even so.....I had to whine about it...

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Sorry but the new ZZ Top album was at least better and still video friendly....I stopped listening to them after "Sleeping Bag" though. Maybe they just want to sleep more and let Kid NoCock* pull his pants down halfway like every other white sub-urban white boy and fake it while they get paid in advance:

Least they can still make an 80's video in the new millennium....a follow up to Hot For Teacher might have been kewl from VH as well.
          Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-24-2013, 09:57 PM. Reason: *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nhA9R3GrtM
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Kid Rock is not worthy to smell ZZ Top's shit.
            Maybe if we send ZZ Top the Karloff outburst clip from Ed Wood and the above sentence they'll write a song called Kid Ritchie does not deserve to smell our shit and they'll get kicked off the tour.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

What happened? Limp Bizkit wasn't available for Kid Cock's opening slot?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                Maybe if we send ZZ Top the Karloff outburst clip from Ed Wood and the above sentence they'll write a song called Kid Ritchie does not deserve to smell our shit and they'll get kicked off the tour.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2010

The whole Kid Rock thing . I just don't get it . Never have from day one and never , ever will . Thought he was a poser wannabe joke from day one and I don't think much different of him now . He seems to attract the loser cornfield crips crowd . Nothing to brag about for sure . His questionable " talent " is marginal at best .
                  Either ZZ Top is experiencing real hard times or they are just hard up for attention . If the real and very capable ZZ Top shows up , Kid Rock will be experiencing nightly ass kickings on a regular basis . The same goes for Kool & The Gang .

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Wow! ZZ top to open for kid rock....I have seen ZZ top a couple of times and had a great time but why do they need to open for Kid Rock??? Shouldn't this be the other way around!! something is wrong...
                    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Like most peeps who are into bands, we all get to see bands when they are young and hungry and kicking everyone's ass.

Then you get to watch them get older, and hope they do not get lamer.

I have to admit, the Top have stuck to their artistic vision over the years, but the intensity level for me has gone way downhill from the first time I saw them in 1976.

They just cannot seriously deliver ass-kickings the way they used to, just like any other band. Look at what happened to Led Zep in 10 years time.....

Happens to many bands.

Kid Rock has stayed at the exact same level of Suck since he first arrived on the public scene....

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Look at it this way- the clueless young dopes who listen to Kid Rock will be exposed to great rock music when ZZ Top opens. It's a start....
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Northern Girl
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I saw Kid Rock years ago. Fantastic show! Fun! Supertight and professional. He plays several instruments, which I didn't know. Had a blast!

ZZ Top on the other hand would bore the shit out of me...
                          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                            I saw Kid Rock years ago. Fantastic show! Fun! Supertight and professional. He plays several instruments, which I didn't know. Had a blast!

ZZ Top on the other hand would bore the shit out of me...
                            Now I have the guts to say it...I like Kid Rock. He was here with Jovi last year (or he one before, can't remember for sure). I live close to the stadium and it sounded like a hell of a show. Two months later he was back again. From all accounts a great time was had by all.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              Now I have the guts to say it...I like Kid Rock.

Always a fun listen. Bawitabadabangdabanddiggydiggy...... mah name is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...