View Poll Results: Should we have a ladies forum?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes let's have a ladies forum everyone can see.

8 44.44%
  • Yes but I want also want it unmoderated so members only

4 22.22%
  • No thanks!

6 33.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Forum

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not pissing on shit...

I don't support our military doing the bidding of corporations like Monsanto...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    [QUOTE=Nickdfresh;1777954]I haven't used that term in a while and rarely did, DoucheLS5. You have no idea of the prior history because you fucking joined here like a year ago or something... [quote]

2006 was a year ago?0

Oh do tell! But I never came here to "take care of trolls," I've busted a few though. But even those I think are trolls I have never followed from thread to thread shitstalking in every post - which is sort of creepy. I don't even know what your definition of "troll" is. Mine simply isn't someone I don't like...

Sorry, I missed some obscure engine that was so great GM made a few thousand of them like fifty years ago. I stand corrected, but you're still a creepy cunt...
    454 big block. Shame 1972 fuel crisis made them stop making them. A friend had one in his Camaro. Racing for pink slips in that thing was a blast.

Here, Mr. Wikipedia...learn what a troll is:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
    Last edited by Angel; 05-29-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I haven't used that term in a while and rarely did, DoucheLS5. You have no idea of the prior history because you fucking joined here like a year ago or something...
    Nope, your favorite was "clem" if I recall, and yes you did follow people from thread to thread. And I have no idea of past history because of my join date? I mean, it is likely I've read threads here prior to 2012 don'tcha think? And check the number of posts/threads of that which you are in need of protecting and see if your shit stalking premise really holds true. It's an occasional drive-by at best.

I get it - you're the resident curmudgeon, and you seem to be a pretty smart and witty guy. But I think your last sentence kind of sums it up.... your "sorry I missed" tone isn't a big departure from your "doesn't know what the fuck..." comment from a page or two prior. You just flat out will not accept being wrong contritely about anything in any way. I didn't attack you, call you out, or "shit stalk" you from thread to thread. Hell, I even posted that I wasn't looking to have an "in your face" moment re: the silly engine thing because of a very common misconception/bullshit issue among some car enthusiasts.

I wonder if envy_me (see, I didn't even use the "Sven" reference) enjoys all this chivalrous behavior from her online BFF's, or whether deep down she feels a little like her intelligence/resilience is being questioned due to people not having confidence that as a grown adult she (see, I used the feminine) can fight her own silly battles on the "internetz". Seriously, did some of you grow up in a house where mom got her ass kicked by meth head boyfriends each and every day, and that's driving the lust to come to the rescue of the resident damsel in distress?**

Now, upon proving and then you reluctantly admitting you were incorrect, I could have done a virtual victory dance, loaded up a post full of smilies, sent a few PM's, and tried to put together the most creative way to spell/illustrate the word "owned" and/or a clever play on words for your member name. But that seems a little tired, even for me.

** Disclaimer: no offense intended to mom's who made bad boyfriend decisions, or those children who found themselves involved in those kind of unfortunate circumstances. With how quickly the diaper rash develops with some 'round these parts, I wanted to make sure I made that clear.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GM stopped installing 454s in trucks in 2007...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    GM stopped installing 454s in trucks in 2007...
    My father once owned a 1972-73 Cadillac with a preposterous 472 under the hood, which made sense after all when you considered the body was pretty much as heavy as a Sherman tank and the furniture inside was like a complete living room set from Mangurian's.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    My father once owned a 1972-73 Cadillac with a preposterous 472 under the hood, which made sense after all when you considered the body was pretty much as heavy as a Sherman tank and the furniture inside was like a complete living room set from Mangurian's.
    LOL. A friend from high school's parents had a caddy with a 502 in it if I'm remembering correctly. Same deal - living room on wheels. So much for a ladies forum thread, I guess.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteLS5 View Post
    So much for a ladies forum thread, I guess.
    Well, it does bring up the notion of home decorating...

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I said they'd start attacking people on other threads.

Did anybody listen? No.

Won't be long 'till the rest of the site is like this.

Cheers!

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I seem to remember that Blondgirl started a ladies thread that was long-running and successful, so it can clearly work here.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Give the ladies their own forum, if you don't I'm totally calling conspiracy!

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nope, your favorite was "clem" if I recall, and yes you did follow people from thread to thread. And I have no idea of past history because of my join date? I mean, it is likely I've read threads here prior to 2012 don'tcha think? And check the number of posts/threads of that which you are in need of protecting and see if your shit stalking premise really holds true. It's an occasional drive-by at best.

I get it - you're the resident curmudgeon, and you seem to be a pretty smart and witty guy. But I think your last sentence kind of sums it up.... your "sorry I missed" tone isn't a big departure from your "doesn't know what the fuck..." comment from a page or two prior. You just flat out will not accept being wrong contritely about anything in any way. I didn't attack you, call you out, or "shit stalk" you from thread to thread. Hell, I even posted that I wasn't looking to have an "in your face" moment re: the silly engine thing because of a very common misconception/bullshit issue among some car enthusiasts.

I wonder if envy_me (see, I didn't even use the "Sven" reference) enjoys all this chivalrous behavior from her online BFF's, or whether deep down she feels a little like her intelligence/resilience is being questioned due to people not having confidence that as a grown adult she (see, I used the feminine) can fight her own silly battles on the "internetz". Seriously, did some of you grow up in a house where mom got her ass kicked by meth head boyfriends each and every day, and that's driving the lust to come to the rescue of the resident damsel in distress?**

Now, upon proving and then you reluctantly admitting you were incorrect, I could have done a virtual victory dance, loaded up a post full of smilies, sent a few PM's, and tried to put together the most creative way to spell/illustrate the word "owned" and/or a clever play on words for your member name. But that seems a little tired, even for me.

** Disclaimer: no offense intended to mom's who made bad boyfriend decisions, or those children who found themselves involved in those kind of unfortunate circumstances. With how quickly the diaper rash develops with some 'round these parts, I wanted to make sure I made that clear.
    My own battles? I don't have a battle with you, I don't know who you are. I ignore you in most cases. You talk to and about me, not the other way around. That's not a battle. But maybe others are tired of reading it? And are pointing out to you that you are bringing unnecessary negativity to the board.

It's strange that when someone calls you out on your behavior, you refer to everyone calling c-dog names. But at the same time you condemn then for doing it. And then you go and do the exact same thing to me. Decide, is it okay to bully people or not. And then whatever you decide, act according to it. But don't excuse yourself with "well, if they are doing it so can I" and in the next post judge it.

There are many people here who irritate me, who I can't stand. I mostly ignore them. And I mean MANY.

Lets make a deal. Every problem you have with me, or "battle" take it in a PM directly to me. That way you can get it off your chest, others won't have to read it and nobody will fight my "battle".
    Last edited by envy_me; 05-29-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    My own battles? I ignore you in most cases.
    Figure of speech, and you just proved the point I was trying to make to Nick. You're free to ignore, and you exercise that as you wish. So an inconsequential drive-by post isn't causing you any lost sleep. Now, contrast that with the knight-in-virtual-shining-armour complex some folks have. See what I mean about their reaction potentially being demeaning to your sense of feminism?

And come on, isn't the concept of Nick pointing out that someone else is brings "unnecessary negativity" to the board kind of a pot meet kettle deal?

[/QUOTE]It's strange that when someone calls you out on your behavior, you refer to everyone calling c-dog names. But at the same time you condemn then for doing it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't condemn them for doing it, I pointed out the similarity. That's the difference.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you have an issue deal with that person, if you don't like a post or opinion adress that post or opinion.

If you don't have the sack to go directly then shut up people. Why are you arguing with some dude when you state an issue with another poster. Go to her directly or just ignore her, whatever you testicles or lack there of permit. But to have a rant when frankly beyond being on of three known people on the planet to have a positive view of Ygwie she has not had jack to do with anything in this topic.

Grow up, cause two dudes arguing about a third female poster is making you guys look like the biggest of bitches of them all. Shut up, let it go or deal with it.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Figure of speech, and you just proved the point I was trying to make to Nick. You're free to ignore, and you exercise that as you wish. So an inconsequential drive-by post isn't causing you any lost sleep. Now, contrast that with the knight-in-virtual-shining-armour complex some folks have. See what I mean about their reaction potentially being demeaning to your sense of feminism?

And come on, isn't the concept of Nick pointing out that someone else is brings "unnecessary negativity" to the board kind of a pot meet kettle deal?

/QUOTE]It's strange that when someone calls you out on your behavior, you refer to everyone calling c-dog names. But at the same time you condemn then for doing it.[UOTE]

I didn't condemn them for doing it, I pointed out the similarity. That's the difference.
    Nobody is a knight, people are just sick of fighting. This has been going on for 6 months.

I think it's fair to you and to others that you take it in PM. You'll say what you need to say and other won't have to read it. The only one who loses on this is actually me, but what the hell.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    Grow up, cause two dudes arguing about a third female poster...
    Envy and I aren't arguing about Nick.

Correct. Just notice where the arguing generally begins though. I think that's of merit.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it's fair to you and to others that you take it in PM. You'll say what you need to say and other won't have to read it.
    Ohhhh, I'm not so sure about that based on recent events! And it sure did take a whole lot of posts for some of those people to get "sick of fighting" all of a sudden.

BTW, this is a reply - not a shit stalk, argument, or derogatory remark directed to you. Just want that on the record before the member du jour of the justice league swoops in with a clever rework of my member name.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Aren't we supposed to be arguing about a ladie's forum? The voting is NECK AND NECK with 8 people voting. You can tell that the general population is very opinionated on this issue.

I'm going away to pout. OK no I'm not.

Oh dear.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you have an issue deal with that person, if you don't like a post or opinion adress that post or opinion.

If you don't have the sack to go directly then shut up people. Why are you arguing with some dude when you state an issue with another poster. Go to her directly or just ignore her, whatever you testicles or lack there of permit. But to have a rant when frankly beyond being on of three known people on the planet to have a positive view of Ygwie she has not had jack to do with anything in this topic.

Grow up, cause two dudes arguing about a third female poster is making you guys look like the biggest of bitches of them all. Shut up, let it go or deal with it.
    At the same time I have all undestandig for Nick, DLR Bridge and you. Who wants to read posts where he absolutely says nothing about the topic, but just comes in to pick a fight.

And even if you Vette, don't wanna do it in a PM and feel like you need the public, do it in the fighting thread in the Mean Street. That way it won't spread. And people who are considering joining won't see this shit.

I don't know Sesh at all, but I do like Von and I have huge respect (and gratitude) to VA. I personally would leave the negativity in the Mean Street.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohhhh, I'm not so sure about that based on recent events! And it sure did take a whole lot of posts for some of those people to get "sick of fighting" all of a sudden.

BTW, this is a reply - not a shit stalk, argument, or derogatory remark directed to you. Just want that on the record before the member du jour of the justice league swoops in with a clever rework of my member name.
    yeah, fuck you "vittles", pm with invisible ink
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    Aren't we supposed to be arguing about a ladie's forum? The voting is NECK AND NECK with 8 people voting. You can tell that the general population is very opinionated on this issue.

Wait!!! I didn't vote yet

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I voted against it not because of anti-woman just anti segregation. I'd vote against an all white, all dude, all Irish, all whatever.... my view if against segregation for any group then against them for all that are based on what a person is rather than their interest and who they are. Just a personal view but to each their own.

For the record I am a white Irish dude.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post

Just voted, so your tie is broken!

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hooray

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just voted, so your tie is broken!
    tied back up :P

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...but just comes in to pick a fight, do it in the fighting thread in the Mean Street. That way it won't spread.
    Yeesh. I posted what, 10 words asking an innocent* question about whether the thread should be about homos or if you meant to say transgendered. That was it. Now, what's the word count on the replies from Nick, and who exactly is doing all the fighting again?

* Ok, maybe "innocent" is a little misleading.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    tied back up :P
    Ok Penis Brother, this means war!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    pm me in the mean st past dump thread forum. potential new members hate this banter

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ya' know what. After reading my last post I think Nick might be right... that does sound creepy!

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    pm me in the mean st past dump thread forum. potential new members hate this banter
    Banter about members you mean?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Banter about members you mean?
    assuming you are a man, we should not be member bantering in a potential dames only section

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I voted against it not because of anti-woman just anti segregation. I'd vote against an all white, all dude, all Irish, all whatever.... my view if against segregation for any group then against them for all that are based on what a person is rather than their interest and who they are. Just a personal view but to each their own.

I totally agree, I actually made similar post in one of the Sensible Shoes thread.

But I have made some girly topics in Non and got a lot of shit from people "are we gonna talk about shoes now?" (Not Shoes the girl, but shoes footwear). Some members are just bothered by it.
    Last edited by envy_me; 05-29-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Since there are no penis pics allowed on the site, do you t hink the porn thread doesn't exclude hetero women?

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

We're discussing a forum for feminine based threads, not segregation. There's a difference.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    We're discussing a forum for feminine based threads, not segregation. There's a difference.
    yeah, anybody can use vinegar for cleaning...geez

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Guys routinely get involved in ladies threads. This would only segregate the threads so the guys it offends don't have to see them.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes and a forum for whites would be for white related issues, I understand that.
    I just do not believe if differentation based on what people are gender, race, religion, etc...
    Just my view, I diffrentiate based on who not what people are.
    Seperation based on a what to me is segregation, I respect the opnion otherwise but do not share it or accept it as fact.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes and a forum for whites would be for white related issues, I understand that.
    I just do not believe if differentation based on what people are gender, race, religion, etc...
    Just my view, I diffrentiate based on who not what people are.
    Seperation based on a what to me is segregation, I respect the opnion otherwise but do not share it or accept it as fact.
    I totally agree. We shouldn't have to hide in a special part of the forum. But that would require guys to behave themselves, not redicule us and not have a pitiful attitude towards us. Which I don't think will happend any time soon.
    Plus posting pics of penises is something I would look forward to

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have no opposition to the penis pics, and yes some folks need to grow up and some need a sense of humor.

To each their own, I mean if Bea Arthur boobs can be posted is it possible to be more horrofic. Plus if I banned pictures of dicks I would have throw out all my family photo albums, that is a collection of dicks but might I digress.

I would not call a womans forum hiding out but if you accept that logic it becomes a slippery slope and you then open yourself up to things that may be unwanted using the same logic syntax
    Last edited by Never was; 05-29-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have no opposition to the penis pics, and yes some folks need to grow up and some need a sense of humor.

To each their own, I mean if Bea Arthur boobs can be posted is it possible to be more horrofic. Plus if I banned pictures of dicks I would have throw out all my family photo albums, that is a collection of dicks but might I digress.

I would not call a womans forum hiding out but if you accept that logic it becomes a slippery slope and you then open yourself up to things that may be unwanted using the same logic syntax
    I totally agree... Again.
    I mean I hate sports, but I never go in there and ridicule people. If I choose to write something I try to contribute. I don't like cars, I take the bus. I am not into politics, but again, if I write there I try to contribute.

Why some people are bothered by perfume thread or shoes thread is really strange. Just skip what doesn't interest you.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Then give it another name. No different than a sports forum...

Thread Information