X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow Signs 2-Year Deal With Pats

By HOWARD ULMAN AP Sports Writer
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. June 11, 2013 (AP)

Tim Tebow is back on the field with an NFL team — the New England Patriots.

The Patriots announced the signing of the former Jets quarterback on Tuesday, six weeks after he was cut by New York and just in time for the start of the three-day Patriots minicamp that runs through Thursday.

Tebow practiced with veteran New England starter Tom Brady and backup Ryan Mallett. The newest Patriot wore No. 5, not his familiar 15 — which belongs to Mallett — on his shorts and helmet. The QBs wore red jerseys without numbers.

"First and foremost, I just want to thank the Patriots for giving me an opportunity. I'm very thankful," Tebow said on the field after practice. "It's such an honor to be a Patriot and play for Coach (Bill) Belichick and for Coach (Josh) McDaniels, learn under Tom (Brady), and be a part of this very successful franchise."

Two people with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press that Tebow was signed for two years with no guaranteed money. One person says he will make the veteran's minimum salary, $630,000 in 2013, with incentives.

The people spoke on condition of anonymity because terms of the deals had not been announced.

ESPN first reported terms of the signing.

"Anything we do, we feel is in the best interests of the team," Belichick said at a standing-room-only news conference before practice. "We'll see how it goes."

US News
    |
    Weird News
    |
    More ABC News Videos

ABCNEWS.com

With 15 video cameras and more than 40 media members in the audience, Belichick said, "We've been in front of bigger crowds before."

Tebow, 25, is being reunited with McDaniels, the Patriots offensive coordinator who was Denver's head coach when the Broncos traded into the first round to take him with the 25th draft pick in 2010. McDaniels stood next to Tebow on the practice field.

"I'm looking forward to working hard every single day, and getting a lot better, and learning under some great people," Tebow said during his 40-second visit with reporters. "So, that's all I got. But thank you so much and God bless. I'm sure we'll be talking more soon."

The Rest of the Story.

Well I hope Ndahmukong Suh get his chance on August 22nd to finally put an end to T-bone's career.

Comment

Small world...

My middle name is Ndahmukong...

But I think it's cool the Pats took a chance with Tebow...

Comment

Oh yeah, that'll send a message to Brady. Looks like this year's Pat's are this year's drama queens.

Comment

Saw him a few times in Jets practice. I did not understand why he was not used more, then after watching practice I got it. He can't throw a ball period. Create space he can use his legs and great reaction to flick it on the run to an open receiver but the guy can't make NFL throws on a regular basis. He looked awful in practice last year which sucked as a long sufferring Jet fan cause Sanchez is mentally weak. I hope Tebow finds success but he is a gimmick unless he learns to throw. He is a footbal player but not a quarterback

Comment

Now for another season of ESPN and every other sports media outlet to have their chance at licking Tim T-Bonehead's asshole.

Comment

Every team needs a water boy. I can already hear Brady saying "Don't forget my towel bitch".

Comment

He should have tried to join the Chargers, Man-bi Gayo needs a real life girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by BITEYOASS View Post
                  Now for another season of ESPN and every other sports media outlet to have their chance at licking Tim T-Bonehead's asshole.
                  Well, since Brett Favre retired, Rachel Nichols really hasn't had much to do...so much so, she quit and went to work for CNN. Like that is an upward career move.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by Never was View Post
                    Saw him a few times in Jets practice. I did not understand why he was not used more, then after watching practice I got it. He can't throw a ball period....
                    Oh, he can throw a ball. Just not to anyone or anywhere in particular...

Comment

Originally posted by TFM_Dale View Post
                      He should have tried to join the Chargers, Man-bi Gayo needs a real life girlfriend.
                      Oh, far from it! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR from it!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                        Oh, he can throw a ball. Just not to anyone or anywhere in particular...
                        He's trying to pass to JC. Except He isn't on the field (those sandals aren't up to NFL regulations, so He didn't make the team)
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

It's all puffery. Tebow wil be cut. Bill did one of his buddies a favor by picking up this little Jeezo douche fuck while simultaneously drumming up a little publicity. that's all
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Guy's going to be third string quarterback, am I right? Lo how the mighty have fallen.

Oh dear.

Comment

This is all due to Josh McDufus who drafted Teblow back in 2010. 2013 will put all rumors to rest that the dude can't ball once he's been knocked on his ass with an injury that will permanently take him out of the game. Who do the Pats play first? The Buffalo Bills? Okay, maybe their second opponent, The Jets.

Comment

Working...
                              X