X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Robert Plant

So I'm a big, big fan of Patty Griffin and was twee excited when she put out a new record and tour (we'll get to that). Excellent songwriter, singer and general Americana goodness. So I have to admit I was a little put off finding out that ex-Zep fuck monkey Robert Plant was on this recording as well.

But you know what? The Plant-ish contributions are not all that bad! Yes, I said that! Unlike his over-pretentious shit he did with Alison Krauss - and that record bored me to death - Plant doesn't seem all the invasive on the duets with Patty. This could be due to producer Craigg Ross doesn't allow for them to sing like they are a behemoth SUV stuck in the mud like he did with Kraus. Plant takes on more of backseat role here (where he belongs) and accents Patty's voice rather than competing with it. This record flows like honey in cold tea on a hot summers day. Maybe Plant is getting old and yeah, good for him, at least he doing so with grace and character unlike his former joke of bandmates. I look forward to seeing them both July 10th(?) at Red Rocks. It'l be the only concert I can afford all year so it better be a good one. Otherwise, I'll cut what's left of Plant's nuts off.

• Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Wow, that shit SUCKS ass!

Those bitching about the Sabbath album need to give this garbage a listen!

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

You know, you can fucking blow me when hanging from a bridge.

Comment

• VetteLS5
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Wasn't she part of the recent Band of Joy work that Plant put together?

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

You are correct, sir!

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Mods, delete this garbage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Frodo
              Full On Cocktard
              • Apr 2004

me thinks Robert Plant is tapping that.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Frodo
                I think he married her..............

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Frodo
                  He must like tapping female singers that suck.

Wasn't he tapping the ass of that other broad he made the horrible music with?

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Wait a minute, Von? Plant sang with your mother?

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Kristy saying something positive about a member of Zeppelin..................?

***looks at the sky and awaits the Four Horesmen***
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Wait a minute, Von? Plant sang with your mother?
                        If he did, it would be better than this garbage you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          If he did, it would be better than this garbage you posted.
                          Oh, come on...it's not nearly as awful as you make it. To me, there is a really cool Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris vibe to it, which truly comes to form on this track...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Robert Plant's solo career is uneven. "Manic Nirvana" and "Fate of Nations" were really good IMO.
                            "
                            Walking into Clarksdale" with Jimmy Page came with great moments.

I was lucky to meet Robert Plant in Wales in the summer of 1998. I was trekking here and there and staying in Maccynleth,
                            a town that is just 5 miles from Bron-Yr-Aur (which I hadn't noticed).
                            My camera had broken down while climbing Ben Nevis in the Western Highlands the week before, and I was pissed that the day
                            before I hadn't been able to take pics on top of the horse-shoe shaped mountain (with a "llynn" right in the middle) I'd walked up,
                            so I was walking to the newsagent's to buy a postcard of it. It was market day, a big one gathering lots of folks.
                            Suddenly, a few meters from the newsagent's, I heard voices calling behind me, louder and louder. As I was a stranger I didn't pay
                            attention, but the voices started yelling and I felt a tap on my shoulder. A guy asked me for a lighter (I as smoking a cigarette) and
                            he said it wasn't for him, but "the man over there". Robert Plant... I was so glad I met him - I told him I was, and added I had "all the
                            albums" of course. He answered: "You're my buddy", which he could... He asked me where I was from, and he told me "We'll play in
                            Paris next November". I asked: "You mean with Jimmy?" He nodded. "By the way, if you want to see him, he's in the inn behind you -
                            I turned round, the inn's name was "the White Lion", their place... I said I didn't want to bother him (which of course I regretted
                            afterwards).
                            I had just bought a John Lee Hooker compilation in the market place, and we had a short chat about it.
                            He asked me if I liked "Walking into Clarksdale", and I said "yes, a lot", but I actually did a few weeks later. At that time I didn't like it much.

That was a ood day.

I had bought Dave's "Crazy from the Heat" at Tower Records in Glasgow, which I read at night after my daytime trekking. In my car I played
                            DLR Band. Great year, great summer.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Oh, come on...it's not nearly as awful as you make it. To me, there is a really cool Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris vibe to it, which truly comes to form on this track...

Chef, I think you over cooked your brain.

That's 5:25 of my life I can't get back. Fuck you Chef!

Comment

Working...