Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

I only have one boss it's the tuner , to be honest am not a massive fan of pedals as such.
    I swap between my Marshalls but mostly use my line 6 spider 3 , it's got a lot of tasty settings .
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
      Shenanigans
      Sorry ?

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I'm calling shenanigans on your statement

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Mmm not trying to be rude , do you mean I haven't had it for years.
          Am guessing maybe 5 ish.
          Actually am sure there is an update tu03 out never bothered getting it .

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Good point. Most musicans who use effects pedals usually don't invest in BOSS. The majority of their pedals are overpriced and noisy.
            Ask Prince...
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Um, ok. *mental note: next time I run into a Prince I'll be sure to ask*

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Tuning, really? I usually yell across the room or stage at the bass player, and say "Hey, gimme an A." Since we are essentially as blasted as the audience, who gives a shit, particularly when your repertoire consists of a bunch of Neil Young and Beat Farmers tunes.

And the only effects pedal I have ever used consistently was an old Cry Baby wah, with a broken drumstick crammed into it wrapped with duct tape, then blasted through my somewhat questionable and highly dubious 1976 era 400 watt Peavey. Nothing beat it for getting that raw, Randy Rhoads sound from the first couple of Ozzy solo albums.

Seriously, play "Down By The River" for 25 minutes or so through this rig, it wails. Of course, you will endure a considerable amount of hearing loss and interminable tinnitus in your later years, but hey, what the fuck. It's worth the loss.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Um, ok. *mental note: next time I run into a Prince I'll be sure to ask*

Tip the veal, try your waitress...
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

See? Chef has the right idea. This is why bands have bass and/or keyboard players. I've always been impressed when I see a (true) musician on stage tuning by ear especially when they use a 'Nashville Tuning' or the like.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Yes, nothing more fun than watching the guitar player ask the bass player for an A....

It's not a question of being able to tune by ear, most of us can. At rehearsal, writing, etc. [but NEVER in the studio]

It's not practical in a large setting, at a crowded noisy gig, and it looks amateurish.

looking down at a stomp box, pedal board, or better yet back at my RACK MOUNTED tuner, and being able to be dead-on with no one having to hear it is best.

Also helps us bass players when we need to drop the E down a step on certain songs, because we loathe 5 string basses.

You really don't care, Kristy....you're just trolling
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

To each their own , I sound bad enough without being out of to tune to compound it .
                        Plus am heavy handed as fuck and could knock any guitar to shit, so the pedal is handy .

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Brings up a good question...

What did Kristy use to tune during her last live gig?

Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

A $7 pitch pipe and time to learn how to tune by ear. All you need.
                            Yeah, cuz that works so well in a band context, in a noisy bar while you're on the clock. Club owners LOVE the "gimme an 'A'" thing. Get real, FFS.

Had mine for years too.

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            Brings up a good question...

What did Kristy use to tune during her last live gig?

Yeah.....more like what would she use if she ever got to play her FIRST....

Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A tuner is the first pedal you should buy if you play live, it's notable that the people that have played lots of gigs are the ones saying that.

When a room fills up it warms up and inevitably the guitars go a little out of tune. Try a fucking tuning pipe while the band before you is blasting their stuff out.

Or go on stage after them and start asking for an A FFS? Many if not most places have house music playing while you are setting up, maybe even people up dancing.

Rather than the BOSS thing this time around I went for a Korg Pitch Black though which is easier to see in a gig situation, similar to a rack mounted one but fits in your pedal board.

Also an aside is that if you want to change guitar you can use your tuner as a kill switch to stop the horrible noise as you fuck around with your jack cable.
                              Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-13-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I wanna see someone properly set the intonation on a guitar with a pitch-pipe, too.
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...