Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Anyone see the midnight showing? Or is going tonight? I just couldn't see me staying up until 3 am on a work night. I didn't want to be miserably tired all day. I am going Sunday morning showing.

Also about Peter Jacksons design of Smaug. I was thinking how cool it was that he made him look like a regular dragon. When anyone thinks of a dragon, this is the typical image that comes to mind. So many of the top directors feel the need to create their version/concept of what a dragon should be. To leave their mark on the world. Like they are so gifted & important that their creation of something will be the new standard bearer. And Jackson said fuck that, make it look like a damn regular dragon.

From all the reviews, even the bad ones, everyone agrees that Smaug is the best creature ever to grace a screen. Not an easy feat.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Am taking my dad and the kids to the 7 o'clock showing .
      A bit of a tradition since lotr
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

i may not see it until blu-ray release.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
          From all the reviews, even the bad ones, everyone agrees that Smaug is the best creature ever to grace a screen. Not an easy feat.
          Exsqueez me? How wude! Yousa bombad crazy you thinkin de Smaug be biggest bombad creature, okeyday!
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zing!
            Exsqueez me? How wude! Yousa bombad crazy you thinkin de Smaug be biggest bombad creature, okeyday!
            bud crown black?
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

2 hours 40 minutes of a video game full of "Greetings Smeegle Wibble, are you going to the fortress city of Erumblebottom where the Spickle Dweebs fashion great jewels from the rocks of Twatenstone Mountain which they sell to the Finklewargs who are known for their great leader Bungle Puss the disinterested...?"

I may skip this one and let her take the kids...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

have you sat thru the first 24 hours worth?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I watched the LOTR. The third one put me off. I'm all for gay rights and so on but 3 hours of strident homo eroticism, will they won't they followed by 45 minutes of endings put me off a bit and I ended up skipping the first Hobbit movie.

The one that took a billion zillion dollars at the box office - I do realise I am in the minority here...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

so, it needs more boobs?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The longest movie I've seen at the cinema in the last few years was Skyfall and it was long at 2 hours 23. There is only so much vodka you can drink before you need to go for a piss and I had to at that one at the 2 hour mark.

The worst was Gravity where we had 3 quick pints of beer, rushed into the iMax in the middle of a 40 person row with no central walkways. I needed a piss from 10 minutes in, thank fuck it was a fairly short movie.

I know this sounds like old man talk but to be fair real old man talk is when you have that problem without the pints of booze...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        so, it needs more boobs?
                        Very very few movies need to be over 2 hours, there is no need for it. In the LOTR I found Fat Sam fucking annoying whining on and it needed to be severely edited. Leave it to the DVD extras for the uber fans.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          The longest movie I've seen at the cinema in the last few years was Skyfall and it was long at 2 hours 23. There is only so much vodka you can drink before you need to go for a piss and I had to at that one at the 2 hour mark.

The worst was Gravity where we had 3 quick pints of beer, rushed into the iMax in the middle of a 40 person row with no central walkways. I needed a piss from 10 minutes in, thank fuck it was a fairly short movie.

I know this sounds like old man talk but to be fair real old man talk is when you have that problem without the pints of booze...
                          I swear to god and all holy pasta lords, that's why I don't wanna have to sit and not be able to pause the movie, and take of biz in between.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That said I think if you watched Gravity on your TV you would be completely puzzled by why it got so much hype, it's more a Universal Studios ride than a bit of narrative cinema.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Very very few movies need to be over 2 hours, there is no need for it. In the LOTR I found Fat Sam fucking annoying whining on and it needed to be severely edited. Leave it to the DVD extras for the uber fans.
                              don't think I've watched any of the "extras", that can be annoying (other than bloopers ). are intermissions so wrong?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

truth be told, an intermission at a theater that doesn't sell booze would be half as important

Comment

Working...