Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Do you guys think SMAUG will be able to talk in this movie? I sure hope so. That was some great shit back in the day. Man I can't wait.
    He fucking better talk...he's got the best lines in the book!!!

Let's just hope somebody as cool as RICHARD BOONE is doing the voice this time around!!!

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Ha! Brillant.....

Out of thanks, bro!!!!!
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

yeah, he has to talk. sam elliot?
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Oddly I was a bit intoxified myself & it made perfect sense at the time.
          Well, good. I guess I'll just have to get drunk again & reread it, so I can understand it. Of course, then I'll forget & will have to do the same...

And yes, he HAS to talk.

If Smaug doesn't talk, then it's a complete failure of an adaptation.

Crap, can we hold off the film until someone can find a way to bring Orson Welles back?

Cheers!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
            He fucking better talk...he's got the best lines in the book!!!
            Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            yeah, he has to talk. sam elliot?
            Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
            And yes, he HAS to talk.

If Smaug doesn't talk, then it's a complete failure of an adaptation.

okay good. consensus.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

This guy is doing the voice of SMAUG.

Benedict Cumberbatch

here is some examples. I think he will do well.

also

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

RAWR! I AM SMAUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Fuck yes
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

dear smaug the magnificent,.. goose pimples

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

This guy is doing the voice of SMAUG.

Benedict Cumberbatch

here is some examples. I think he will do well.
                      Just judging from the Jaguar one, doesn't like he'll need many effects - if any -added to pull off a dragon like Smaug.

BRILLIANT!

Cunt wait!

Cheers!

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

okay....admission time to my brothers here. When I first thought of posting the SMAUG clip making a new thread, I swore I was gonna get tore up by all you about how I play Warcraft and get excited about a dragon. But you guys all surprised me. Happily. Never to old to make believe. Never felt more at home

And geeeeez! Some of you are way deeper into the lore than I am. A lot of the stuff is new to me (or maybe I forgot after 30 years)

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

epic books, wonderful imagination, great story

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

okay....admission time to my brothers here. When I first thought of posting the SMAUG clip making a new thread, I swore I was gonna get tore up by all you about how I play Warcraft and get excited about a dragon. But you guys all surprised me. Happily. Never to old to make believe. Never felt more at home

And geeeeez! Some of you are way deeper into the lore than I am. A lot of the stuff is new to me (or maybe I forgot after 30 years)

I've read the Lord of the Rings at least 30 times. For years on end I would read it twice a year. I literally once read the Fellowship in a single day (it's 600 pages)

There's nothing like escaping the fucking bullshit of real life, by reading Tolkien, or some other (albeit lesser) distraction through the imagination.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm just surprised Kristy hasn't found this thread yet, considering her favorite band were such huge Tolkein fans.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                                Veteran
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                I'm just surprised Kristy hasn't found this thread yet, considering her favorite band were such huge Tolkein fans.....

She's too busy being a cunt. It must be hard work and she's dedicated at it. She's a professional.

Comment

Working...