Ok....I saw Van Hagar yesterday

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamond den™

Ok....I saw Van Hagar yesterday

I am going to try to make my take on it constructive......

First things first:-

1) The Show WASN'T sold out but it was pretty full apart from some empty seats at the a back in the blechers.

2) Before Van Hagar came on Eddie came on the stage to wave and give everyone the "THUMBS UP"(I was getting a Beer when he did that, but Susie Q™ told me that Eddie pointed directly at her and Danny(My Stepson).

3) When they started Eddie had his hair down but after the first 4 or 5 songs Eddie it tied up.

4) Sammy looked like a proper cunt wearing a red shirt, red shorts and red matching shoes(That fucker doesn't know how to dress right).

------------------------------------

So on to the ACTUAL show.....

The setlist was the same as it has been for this "Tour" apart from they played the "Seventh Seal" instead of one of their new songs.

Mike Anthony's Bass solo was short(Thank Fuck, He's not exactly Geddy Lee or Billy Sheenan, hahahaha!!!!!). After his "solo", he sang lead on "Somebody Get Me A Doctor"(He sounded really good singing it too!!!!). Eddie guitar sound on it was FUCKING EXCELLENT!!!! Very close to how it sound on Van Halen 2.

Sammy did his masterpiece(hahahaha!!!), "Eagles Fly". Alot of people when to get Beer when he sang that piece of shit song.

Alex's drum solo was short and wasn't very impressive at all.

Eddie's solo was really, really fucking good!!!!! He played Eruption, Cathedral and 316(Wolfie came on stage with him when he played 316, which was kinda neat. Wolfie is a pretty good guitar player but Eddie and Valerie should send him to "FAT CAMP". Eddie also played to intro to "Little Guitars" but here's the best bit.......

Eddie played the entire intro to "Meanstreet", THAT was fucking impressive.

All in All it was a good show! Eddie looked in grate shape and was doing the scissors kicks and stuff. Eddie is still smoking but he made a comment that it wasn't smoking that gave him Cancer.

I will post more thoughts as they come to me on the gig.
  • diamond den™

I will say though that the Ticket prices were noth short of extortion.....ours were $86 fucking each!!!!!!

And the people who got the "ILOVEALLACCESS" really got fucked in the ass by Van Hagar bigtime.

Comment

• flappo
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

at least eddie's keeping ok

that's all that matters

fuck spamuel

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

This tour is all about Eddie. That's the only reason I'm going.

Regardless of who's singing, Ed is always phenomenal.

Just my take.
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• scottydabodi
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

I'm SLIGHTLY interested in how great Wolfie will be in another 5-10 years, and will Wolfie play with DAVE.... HMMMMMM.......
          If you listen to fools
          The Mob Rules

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

No...why would Dave wanna fat, Kenny Wayne Sheppard wannabe fronting his band...

Smoking didn't give him cancer IN HIS TONGUE? Must have been all that radioactive pussy then...eh Ed...

what a crock of shit...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• VANHALEN2004
              Head Fluffer
              • May 2004

Would have been cool if they had made a instrumental album during their time off.

Comment

• XXXXXXXX
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jun 2004

van hagar can suck my balls
                XXXXXXXX

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by XXXXXXXX
                  van hagar can suck my balls
                  How poignant.

Comment

• scottydabodi
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Maybe Eddie should call Brian Young to come over to his house and show him how all of his old tunes are REALLY played...
                    If you listen to fools
                    The Mob Rules

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Who ??

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

It's one thing to recreate the tunes...it's quite another to have been great enough to WRITE them.

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                          No...why would Dave wanna fat, Kenny Wayne Sheppard wannabe fronting his band...

Smoking didn't give him cancer IN HIS TONGUE? Must have been all that radioactive pussy then...eh Ed...

what a crock of shit...
                          As usual, you prove yourself to be a cocksucker par excellence.

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by scottydabodi
                            Maybe Eddie should call Brian Young to come over to his house and show him how all of his old tunes are REALLY played...
                            Jackass....Young is good at cloning Ed....he's no Ed by any stretch. Dont throw your garbage my way....i've been playing for 29 years...since age 5. I've seen 4 shows, 2 soundchecks, and can tell you easily that Eddie is still the King. Eh, i could care less what you think....well, "think" is a strong word 4 you....but, anyway, go toss a salad.

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Everyone knows Ed's tongue cancer was caused my his plectrum !
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...