X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    I love Elvis when he was a bloated fat fuck and went onstage letting loose liberal amounts of pill-addled, stream-of-consciousness mush mouth. Seriously. In fact, I think the Elvis years I like the best were, say, the last four.

Mmmmm, friedpeanutbutterandchocolatechipsammich.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      I've always said that any Good Bye Thread should be followed by a permanent banning.

I would not go that far, LM. For one thing, it's sort of reactionary without purpose. The crux of the matter is that roughly 80/95% 0f folks issuing "I Quit" threads eventually return some 3 to 18 weeks later, with their tail between their collective legs. And just as assuredly, in the time it takes you to mix in some Nestle's chocolate powder into your soy milk, they revert to their tried and true mannerisms and wonder why everyone (that even bothers to notice) is sending them hat-fulls of shit for their postings.

It's a never ending cycle of abuse/need/further abuse, and ultimately pointless if you happen to have a life going on beyond cyber space.

Now, to be fair, I can almost see where ELVIS is coming from: Even with the ever changing topics uttered out of pure frustration regarding what's taking place in the world, the same old shit runs through each and every thread, that being it's all a conspiracy and can be blamed on one or two former Presidents, as if either one of the bozos could complete a Sudoku puzzle, let alone alter the course of the free world. (Yes, the king has to own up to some responsibility here as well, given the odd-ball conspiracy stuff he sources.)

So OK, the game get's kinda old. Big deal. Take a smoke break, go outside, feed the ducks, watch the cars rust and the grass grow. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head about being tethered to a fucking web site, nor a computer at that. And if it comes to that, shit, play some solitaire online, or perhaps some golf.

Seriously, if you are at the tender age where your bung-hole gets savaged by something some dork posts in near total anonymity at a web site, then perhaps you might wish to find other, positive and more life affirming things to do. For craps's sake, go attend bingo night at yer local church, or join a bowling league.

Then come back to the site and do the right thing: Complain about how some blue-haired old bitty cheated you out of three points and some octogenarian kicked your ass in the ninth frame.

Most importantly, don't give up. And if you ultimately feel you must, save everyone the embarrassment of a farewell letter. Just go, and get on with life.

If you are reading this E, know you have my support. Sometimes shit stacks up, I get that. I just wish that you'd PM'd me or someone else around here before pulling this. Perhaps it's all a big joke, yet there is such a thin line drawn these days. To me, the Roth Army is not some casual roadside attraction suitable for families. It's a busted up road house serving piss-warm beer and the worst pretzels imaginable. (Don't even ask about the burgers, just be thankful they are cooked, if at all.) The juke box is an odd as all hell hodge podge of Merle Haggard, Buck Owens and vintage CVH tunes, with a handful of Beach Boys classics and oddly enough, the full soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever.

You pays yer money, you takes yer chances. And ain't that what life is all about, anyway?

Write when ya can, dude.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I don't get the kindness being afforded Elvis, Chef. Nobody else gets treated like this when they quit and then become an attention whore. What gives?

Oh dear.

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Zing!
            The most miserable fuckers in the world doesn't ALWAYS mean drummers.

Heh heh...
            Duly noted
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
              I don't get the kindness being afforded Elvis, Chef. Nobody else gets treated like this when they quit and then become an attention whore. What gives?
              Right?

Guy did nothing but bitch about the site and everyone on it...

Regardless, I post a one sentence opinion and "Chef" gets on his soapbox and re-writes War and Peace. whatever.
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

I don't know.....

A Devil doesn't like to see someone who's been here from Day One disappear.

Even if he is a pain in the pointy tailed ass much of the time.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2009

I don't know Chef, something about you seems different. When TBH are the ones starting shit and attacking whoever and resorting to posting shit most people would never dream of posting we don't hear a peep. When one of the TBH members are the ones getting some shit back you always have this big enlightening message for everybody. Seems like you went from riding the fence to having one foot on TBH land and that is cool man, do what you feel is best, I just don't understand why all the sympathy for people that are TRYING to be immoral assholes and none for the people that took the brunt of their bullshit.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Craig's never cooked anything for me, so I've no proof that he's a chef.
                    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      The juke box is an odd as all hell hodge podge of Merle Haggard, Buck Owens and vintage CVH tunes, with a handful of Beach Boys classics and oddly enough, the full soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever.
                      Whoever added that to the juke is a genius!!

I have personally found that it's alot easier to post when "Disco Inferno" is playing in the background.

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                        Whoever added that to the juke is a genius!!

I have personally found that it's alot easier to post when "Disco Inferno" is playing in the background.
                        Well, isn't it like 12 fucking minutes or something? You should be able to knock out at least a half dozen posts before that damned song is over.

Naturally, it was a big hit here in Hell, given the title and the chorus "Burn Baby Burn. Burn that mother down!"

Comment

• saint
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          So OK, the game get's kinda old. Big deal. Take a smoke break, go outside, feed the ducks, watch the cars rust and the grass grow. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head about being tethered to a fucking web site, nor a computer at that. And if it comes to that, shit, play some solitaire online, or perhaps some golf.

Seriously, if you are at the tender age where your bung-hole gets savaged by something some dork posts in near total anonymity at a web site, then perhaps you might wish to find other, positive and more life affirming things to do. For craps's sake, go attend bingo night at yer local church, or join a bowling league
                          Write when ya can, dude.
                          Or you could give Flappo creative input on some Popgear
                          http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by saint
                            Or you could give Flappo creative input on some Popgear
                            Lord knows he needs all the help he can get

Comment

• Igosplut
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                              I don't know Chef, something about you seems different. When TBH are the ones starting shit and attacking whoever and resorting to posting shit most people would never dream of posting we don't hear a peep. When one of the TBH members are the ones getting some shit back you always have this big enlightening message for everybody. Seems like you went from riding the fence to having one foot on TBH land and that is cool man, do what you feel is best, I just don't understand why all the sympathy for people that are TRYING to be immoral assholes and none for the people that took the brunt of their bullshit.

As a supermod you walk a fine line as to what is excceptable or not. Like Elvis or not, it was traffic for the board (not an endorsement) and you need that shakeup. That's what makes the board different from the rest.....
                              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Igosplut
                                As a supermod you walk a fine line as to what is excceptable or not. Like Elvis or not, it was traffic for the board (not an endorsement) and you need that shakeup. That's what makes the board different from the rest.....
                                I don't mind Elvis and have stated that I found him funny with all his crazy crap but he did post the goodbye thread and for what? To join team butt hurt. Give me a fucking break. It is like leaving the NFL to try out for flag football in somebody's back yard.

Comment

Working...