• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
    i'm a little apprehensive, but that's the spice of life
    Well, when you get out in tat open water, have a dive for my brother, please. Diving was his entire world.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by clarathecarrot

You are going to love this ..didn't you mention you did some diving at sometime on a vacation..?
      haven't yet, but plan to incorporate dives into as many future vacas as possible.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
        Full Member Status

• May 2010

i'm a little apprehensive, but that's the spice of life
        Could be the Speedo..try some cargo trunks ..

Seroiusly some people can't handle the concepts of being underwater and being able to breath it is just alien to them.

You have a pool so with knowlege of how the scuba system works you will be fine ...find another beginner couple when you and Mrs. PB go on vacay and work together to alieviate any fears..most scuba diver people are cool peeps.
        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Could be the Speedo..try some cargo trunks ..

Seroiusly some people can't handle the concepts of being underwater and being able to breath it is just alien to them.

You have a pool so with knowlege of how the scuba system works you will be fine ...find another beginner couple when you and Mrs. PB go on vacay and work together to alieviate any fears..most scuba diver people are cool peeps.
          we're goin' to get BCDs and regulators tonite. probly $2k
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

i'm lookin' forward to the speedo

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

haven't yet, but plan to incorporate dives into as many future vacas as possible.

I have som friens in Mazatlan some Mexico place across the Baja Pinnensula ( I can't splel shit) I want to dive there sometime I have no idea about west coast of the USA or Mexico ( all close to you) could be some good cheap oportunities, but I bet you are going to dig this new adventure.

I have only dove the Carribean and Gulf of Mexico.

If you like the ocean a great dealio is a Dive Cruise 5 days out on a motor sail ship 2 dives a day as you tour around the Ocean big fun.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

I have som friens in Mazatlan some Mexico place across the Baja Pinnensula ( I can't splel shit) I want to dive there sometime I have no idea about west coast of the USA or Mexico ( all close to you) could be some good cheap oportunities, but I bet you are going to dig this new adventure.

If you like the ocean a great dealio is a Dive Cruise 5 days out on a motor sail ship 2 dives a day as you tour around the Ocean big fun.
                cabo in august, we'll get a few dives then. lake pleasant is an hour away (where we do our open water classes). and lots of great spots around san diego s-6 hours away

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

we're goin' to get BCDs and regulators tonite. probly $2k
                  Unless you are going native like as in staying with a friend who has a boat and lives near some awesome reefs you may not need that I believe most if not all dive operations provide those items for you if you don't have your own.

Everyone has there own mask snorkle and swim fins.

It is sometimes a sales tool by the dive shop you are taking lessons at to sell that..and it may be questionable to rent equip that may be overused at dive tour locations abroad.

I believe with liability issues they will provide good gear at any resorts.

I lot of seasoned vacay divers don't take a BCD or Regulator...I did take my own when I dove.

I had a whole giant duffle bag to ship my gear in. Back in 96 I once took this huge dive knife in my carry-on it was like 12 inches long...lol. Nobody said shit...lol times have sure changed...lol

I will say it is always better to have your own stuff..( you know it works well)..thought shipping it may cost extra..?

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

cabo in august, we'll get a few dives then. lake pleasant is an hour away (where we do our open water classes). and lots of great spots around san diego s-6 hours away

Sweet!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Unless you are going native like as in staying with a friend who has a boat and lives near some awesome reefs you may not need that I believe most if not all dive operations provide those items for you if you don't have your own.

Everyone has there own mask snorkle and swim fins.

It is sometimes a sales tool by the dive shop you are taking lessons at to sell that..and it may be questionable to rent equip that may be overused at dive tour locations abroad.

I believe with liability issues they will provide good gear at any resorts.

I lot of seasoned vacay divers don't take a BCD or Regulator...I did take my own when I dove.

I had a whole giant duffle bag to ship my gear in. Back in 96 I once took this huge dive knife in my carry-on it was like 12 inches long...lol. Nobody said shit...lol times have sure changed...lol

I will say it is always better to have your own stuff..( you know it works well)..thought shipping it may cost extra..?
                      ya gotta pay to rent each time then....more $

ya gotta rent suits that other people peed in, regs they spat on, and may not fit "just right".

we know it's not imperative to own our own gear, but we want to. the more that is familiar each time, the better

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

we can fit both our gear in one larger checked piece of luggage and not over weight

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                          Full Member Status

• May 2010

we can fit both our gear in one larger checked piece of luggage and not over weight
                          Always best, I never wore a dive suit ..they were all lucky I kept my shorts on...I never had the balls for that, Hedonism Cruise....adults only naked cruise lol.

My cousin was into that he and a bunch of couples and singles would organize a rental of a large motor sailer boat and plan some extravagant cruise from the gulf of mexico down the coast of south america for a months back in the 1960's he was a adventure dude, had all US Divers gear, high dollar stuff he was very serious about his tours..

Kinky...stuff.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

West coast of Mexico sucked when I was there. I can't dive due to ear issues, but snorkelling was brown and murky. Some of the best diving in the world is in the Pacific NW though.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

wish we woulda done this a few years ago in australia

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

That would have been awesome, PB.

I have a great friend who is going to the Barrier Reef soon to dive a vacay.....i hate him....j/k...lol.

Comment

Working...