Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Val Kilmer was about 30 in the Doors movie but a 50 year old playing 21 is pushing it even for Hollywood.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Maybe it's going to be a play.
      a poptart musical
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• beavrtek
        Full On Cocktard
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        This would be a movie about the VH reunion then?

Have you forgotten that Ralph is 50 years old, isn't an actor and that you don't need to sing live in a movie!!??

Ralph could pass for someone in their 30s. Aside from being a few pounds overweight, Saenz IS Roth in his prime... with the mannerisms, the swagger and the voice. You don't think the guy can act?? Hell, acting is what he DOES. And maybe you don't NEED to be able to sing if it's in a movie, but the evil of dubbing-in wouldn't be necessary if Ralph played Roth. Wouldn't people who KNOW their VH be more inclined to sit down and watch an actual performance?

Now, who does it better than this?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JIJTJOCzFM

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by beavrtek
          Ralph could pass for someone in their 30s.
          An EEAS band movie?

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Fuck a stupid fucking bullshit movie.

How about fucking releasing the US Festival? Or Oakland? Or Largo? Or South America? Or whatever the fuck else they've got?

A fucking Hollywood movie. You dumb motherfuckers never cease to amaze me.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen

How about fucking releasing the US Festival? Or Oakland? Or Largo? Or South America? Or whatever the fuck else they've got?

Yeah, they're gonna make a movie about...what? They gonna show Dave holed up in his hotel room moping by himself? Ed sitting in his hotel room snorting coke and drankin cheap beer and strummin his electric twanger geetar? Trust me - nobody wants to see the real Van Halen behind the scenes.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Oh Boy,US FESTIVAL ON DVD,LARGO ON DVD AND ALSO SOUTH AMERICA ON DVD JUST ASK AROUND.pSSSSS ASK CATO.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dan
                  Oh Boy,US FESTIVAL ON DVD,LARGO ON DVD AND ALSO SOUTH AMERICA ON DVD JUST ASK AROUND.pSSSSS ASK CATO.

You think I haven't had all those forever and a day? I want first gen, converted to Blu-Ray version. You know, kinda like every other fucking band in the world has given their fans?

But hey, I understand you'd rather have yet another cheesy, Hollywood over dramatized, mostly fictional MOVIE about a band. With bad actors playing the parts of the Members of VH.

It's not like we don't already have enough of those, about other bands. After all, Hollywood has a great history of getting this stuff right.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

I gotta agree with von as much as it hurts , look on line every other also ran half arsed band has multiple live videos but these jackasses don't want our money.......
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      Yeah, they're gonna make a movie about...what? They gonna show Dave holed up in his hotel room moping by himself? Ed sitting in his hotel room snorting coke and drankin cheap beer and strummin his electric twanger geetar? Trust me - nobody wants to see the real Van Halen behind the scenes.
                      The only biopics that work as movies are mainly fictional.

You take a few facts and the names and then make up the rest - like Braveheart.
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-05-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

You want Mel Gibson playing van halen ..... I see what you mean , Namm taped up sand shoes drunk as a twat.
                        Inspired casting.

Oooooh instead of blue stripes he could have red and white ed stripes ....

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          I gotta agree with von as much as it hurts , look on line every other also ran half arsed band has multiple live videos but these jackasses don't want our money.......
                          Van,You Are Skating On Sheep Pen Ice This Year,Never Agree With Von On Anything.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dan
                            Van,You Are Skating On Sheep Pen Ice This Year,Never Agree With Von On Anything.
                            I gotta say it doesn't happen often

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Yeah, really.

I mean, truth be told material like you mentioned above (the infamous 'vault' material) is all I've really wanted out of the band for almost 20 years now after the dust from the 1996 debacle cleared. By the time Roth finally rejoined the band in 2006, the circumstances of THAT reunion were such that I wasn't nearly as enthused as I had been ten years prior: yay, we've waited so long for Roth to reunite with Van Halen and now...Anthony's gone...and Ed is 'having problems with his hands'/drinking too much and can't play as well as he used to...and Roth can't jump...or scream...or even sing.

Terrific.

I mean, I've got all that stuff Von mentioned, but some of it is of rough quality. Now, Cato works some real video magic with those old boots...why can't Van Halen just hire Cato to restore all that stuff?
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

I don't think it's a Hollywood movie they want, Von.

My guess is that most people here want something like this

but with Van Halen instead of the Spice Girls. Full band orgy on the final scene included.

Comment

Working...