X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Gay pastel colors look better than a filthy green sweater! You didn't see Sonny Crockett running around in some old dirty sweater he dug out of a dumpster!

But you have convinced me to give Nirvana another chance. So tomorrow I shall go out and buy one of their ground breaking, game changing, revolutionary, immortal CDs. Then I'm gonna set it on fire and piss on it
    In Utero would be the one to listen to

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      But he was a fire arms enthusiast.
      Really? Or are you trying to use the Hippie Mind Trick on me?
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
        In Utero
        That sounds like one of those gay beers Ford drinks. Or a drive through abortion clinic.

Welcome to In Utero, Take'a order prease!!

Yeah I'd like to get the double chili dog combo with a large fry and large Sprite and one partial birth abortion please.

Ok, that be 10 dorrar. Prease spread regs rearry far apart and come to first window prease!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Really? Or are you trying to use the Hippie Mind Trick on me?
          I think he was, actually. And I ain't no hippie.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I think he was, actually. And I ain't no hippie.
            Wasn't there some movie that got made that laid out the "proof" that his ugly wife killed him?

And I know you're not a hippie, lol. I was just messing with you. Although I do think you may have Hippie Tendencies

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by beavrtek
              Though GL isn't as captivating as EVH to watch, Lynch, imo, writes well. If his 1st solo album (Wicked Sensation) had been released about five years earlier, it would have sold by the truck load. I still believe that that record is one of the best rock records ever made, and Lynch wrote the songs... all of them.
              Lynch has come up with some okay stuff far as songs go.

Nothing approaching the level of what Ed was coming up with in the CVH days.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Even if you don't like Dokken, Lynch has written some fantastic songs on the guitar. His rhythm and lead combination is stellar.

To compare flash in the pan speed and no substance guitarists like Macalpine, Malmsteen and even to an extent, Vai, to Ed or George Lynch, is asinine.

While Vai has written some decent songs on the guitar, he he has never really written much with a singer, that has stood the test of time. His best songs with Dave are mediocre at best rhythm wise. They had to have Tuggle, to fill all the dead space Vai left.

Satriani is the same way. I haven't heard all the Chickenfoot stuff, but what I have heard, was mediocre, at best. We know Chickenfoot as a whole is mediocre, but I'm talking about the songs as guitar songs. Nothing earth shattering at all, from what I heard.

None of those fuckers can write a hook like Lynch or Ed.
                That was the entire point of the comparison, in that Ed influenced a shitload of guitarists and spawned more than a few imitators, and by the time 1985 rolled around some of them were doing things on a technical level that surpassed Ed in terms of complexity. However, the Malmsteens/Vais/Satrianis were by and large bound to be restricted to a niche audience comprised mostly of other guitar players.

My whole longwinded point was that it is always the song and not the solo.

I'd agree that Lynch demonstrated more capable songwriting abilities in terms of memorability than Malmsteen/Vai/Satriani and the like.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I dont know vai did at least one cd I own that has some canny tunes on
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

I thank Nirvana every now and then for ridding the world of the likes of Warrant. The grunge period was a necessary evil. More of it turned out to be good than bad in my opinion. The way I see it, both new and old acts of today are more influenced by the 70s and 90s than the 80s. Accept for maybe Halestorm and a few others, but fuck that noise.
                    I don't know if it so much an instance of grunge killing off hair metal as it was hair metal having run out of steam by the time 1989 rolled around and basically running on vapors for the next couple years, and grunge just happened to be there to fill the gap within the rock context.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

I thank Nirvana every now and then for ridding the world of the likes of Warrant.
                      You and I will NEVER be friends.

EVER.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                        I don't know if it so much an instance of grunge killing off hair metal as it was hair metal having run out of steam by the time 1989 rolled around and basically running on vapors for the next couple years, and grunge just happened to be there to fill the gap within the rock context.
                        I'd say it was both, but the HMers that were still at it pretty much had no idea what hit them or a clue how to counter it.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Gay pastel colors look better than a filthy green sweater! You didn't see Sonny Crockett running around in some old dirty sweater he dug out of a dumpster!

But you have convinced me to give Nirvana another chance. So tomorrow I shall go out and buy one of their ground breaking, game changing, revolutionary, immortal CDs. Then I'm gonna set it on fire and piss on it
                          Do NOT buy anything by Kunt Splatteredbrains and/or John Lennon.

Not even as a joke.

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            I dont know vai did at least one cd I own that has some canny tunes on
                            Sex & Religion is awesome up until that part where they all start squealing like pigs.

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              Like always, you are extremely cool-headed & entirely reasonable, Terry.

It certainly wasn't talent that put grunge in the spotlight. Lack of absolutely anything else seems quite fitting.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Lennon only brought a megaton more to the music world than the likes of Warrant.

Comment

Working...