Whatevs.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
      Where'd you see them on that tour?
      Knoxville Tn! And the joint I threw on stage was the real deal. I did hear Dave say later on that it sort of became part of the show.
      They busted him in Cincinnati after someone threw a joint on stage and he told the crowd to light up! Chief of Police and Fire Marshall
      were waiting for him backstage.
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• private parts
        Sniper
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen

I don't have all my photo's on my computer. I seem to have misplaced some. Is this 82?

Believe that was Diver Down tour

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by private parts
          Knoxville Tn! And the joint I threw on stage was the real deal. I did hear Dave say later on that it sort of became part of the show.
          They busted him in Cincinnati after someone threw a joint on stage and he told the crowd to light up! Chief of Police and Fire Marshall
          were waiting for him backstage.
          That was all before the Fair Warning tour, as indicated by my pic from the 80 Invasion tour.

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

Great pics btw!

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Excellent description of the book.

I was amazed at the detail. I fucking loved reading about the backyard parties, all the jam sessions, playing in bars, and all the stuff Greg covered. Page after page, I sat there saying to myself, "How lucky were those fuckers that were there for those experiences".
              I got to meet a bunch of those people in Pasadena and was thinking the same thing!
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

After Speaking To Pete's Brother Over A Few Beers,He Said He Meet Up With Very Cool Peeps From The Roth Army and Sweet As Peeps at the Book Signing.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• tommyv
                  Roadie
                  • Dec 2004

Just wanted to thank you for the spam that I received last night to inform me of this event. You fuckers were very timely...

"Dear former, present and future Roth Army participants:

We would like to invite you to a chat hosted by the Roth Army with Greg Renoff, Author of the new Van Halen Rising book that is now available and a #1 seller on Amazon, as well as the Van Halen Store. This book chronicles Van Halen's early years. The beginning. The trials, tribulations and pure fucking working ethic it took for a band that started out with the gay ass name of Genesis (thank goodness Phil fucking Collins ended up with that band name) then became Mammoth, and ultimately became the band we have known them to be for over 30 years, Van Halen. This book is a must read for any true Van Halen fan. You may think you know all there is to know about this band, but you will learn a few things from reading this book. The book ends as the band gets ready to embark on its first headlining world tour. Everything in this book is concentrated on all the stuff you've heard about over the years, but had never really been investigated and written about. That's right, the backyard parties. Covered, in depth. Dave auditioning in the early 70's, and getting shunned by Ed and Al. The path that the Van Halen's and Dave took, that finally got them together. The Gene Simmons Demo's. The night after night of playing seedy bars. The other musicians that became famous rock stars too. It's all in this great book about our favorite band, in great detail. Greg turned over rocks (maybe even some fossils!) during his research. It's all here, in Van Halen Rising - How A Southern California Backyard Party Band Saved Heavy Metal.

Greg will be here to answer any questions you have. Well, not any questions. We know some of you are real dumbasses, and might ask something really stupid, so that won't be allowed. But, if you have any book or VH related questions for Greg, join us on Saturday October 17, 2015 at 9:00 PM EST here on the Roth Army for this event.

If you haven't been on the Roth Army in awhile, because you're too busy being in everybody's business on Facebook, or some other stupid social media avenue, or your Mom turned off the wifi in the basement, we're still alive and kicking. Granted, now that we're primarily run by a guy in a skirt, we're a lot more tame than we used to be. But hey, we're still the Roth motherfucking Army. We still honor the front man of the greatest American rock band on the planet. We still carry the Roth Army spirit.

We better fucking see you Saturday night, motherfuckers!"

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Whoever sent that lied. Stupid questions were asked. And answered. EVH has a small penis.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by tommyv
                      Just wanted to thank you for the spam that I received last night to inform me of this event. You fuckers were very timely...

"Dear former, present and future Roth Army participants:

We would like to invite you to a chat hosted by the Roth Army with Greg Renoff, Author of the new Van Halen Rising book that is now available and a #1 seller on Amazon, as well as the Van Halen Store. This book chronicles Van Halen's early years. The beginning. The trials, tribulations and pure fucking working ethic it took for a band that started out with the gay ass name of Genesis (thank goodness Phil fucking Collins ended up with that band name) then became Mammoth, and ultimately became the band we have known them to be for over 30 years, Van Halen. This book is a must read for any true Van Halen fan. You may think you know all there is to know about this band, but you will learn a few things from reading this book. The book ends as the band gets ready to embark on its first headlining world tour. Everything in this book is concentrated on all the stuff you've heard about over the years, but had never really been investigated and written about. That's right, the backyard parties. Covered, in depth. Dave auditioning in the early 70's, and getting shunned by Ed and Al. The path that the Van Halen's and Dave took, that finally got them together. The Gene Simmons Demo's. The night after night of playing seedy bars. The other musicians that became famous rock stars too. It's all in this great book about our favorite band, in great detail. Greg turned over rocks (maybe even some fossils!) during his research. It's all here, in Van Halen Rising - How A Southern California Backyard Party Band Saved Heavy Metal.

Greg will be here to answer any questions you have. Well, not any questions. We know some of you are real dumbasses, and might ask something really stupid, so that won't be allowed. But, if you have any book or VH related questions for Greg, join us on Saturday October 17, 2015 at 9:00 PM EST here on the Roth Army for this event.

If you haven't been on the Roth Army in awhile, because you're too busy being in everybody's business on Facebook, or some other stupid social media avenue, or your Mom turned off the wifi in the basement, we're still alive and kicking. Granted, now that we're primarily run by a guy in a skirt, we're a lot more tame than we used to be. But hey, we're still the Roth motherfucking Army. We still honor the front man of the greatest American rock band on the planet. We still carry the Roth Army spirit.

We better fucking see you Saturday night, motherfuckers!"
                      Technical difficulties my friend. That's the honest truth.

We did way too big of an undertaking, all at once, with the switching of hosts, the database transfer, and the chat room. Not to mention the fucking piece of shit forum software that is VBulletin.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Agreed. I didn't even know about this book, but DONNIEP told me I should get it, so I did. If you're a fan of Van Halen, there is no reason not to read either of these books.
                        ..and then one can sell out and go corporate.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Cool pics Von!

Welcome to the Army Greg.
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Technical difficulties my friend. That's the honest truth.

We did way too big of an undertaking, all at once, with the switching of hosts, the database transfer, and the chat room. Not to mention the fucking piece of shit forum software that is VBulletin.
                            Hey at least y'all are consistent when it comes to website challenges... That's what gives this place that comfy feeling of being at home vibe!! LOL

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              Happy to say I don't want to read this book! I don't want to know any more about this band. The last 37 years would have been a lot happier if I was just a casual fan that liked their music than one that lived through the soap opera and the dirty laundry for most of my lifetime.

Happy to be over it finally.

Hope it's a success though for those involved!!
                              Sounds like you are happy too be getting old ! Bummer. Book is awesome. And I don't read.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                                ..and then one can sell out and go corporate.
                                Why are you here anyways ? You don't even like Van Halen ! Book is very interesting why not give it some pub ?

Comment

Working...