X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Tonight's the night, 9pm ET....

I'm sure all you homos can come up with some great questions, and now that Greg has had the book party last weekend in Pasadena with guests like Ted Templeman and Mark Stone, there's probably some more questions that arose from that as well....

If I can make a suggestion, not that you bastards will do it, but you might want to glance at the chat thread at the Links, so that we can bring up some new questions for Greg, here's the link:

Hi all, Our chat with Van Halen Rising author Greg Renoff (VHLinks username "ffoner") starts at 6 PM Pacific TONIGHT! You can start posting your questions to Greg now! That will get us started and he'll have some he can answer right off the bat. The chat will last 60 minutes. Please don't post your same question over and over, give Greg a chance to answer the ones he can. And look to see (if you can) if the same question has already been asked or if Greg has answered it. Please be
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

I'll start it off....

Outside of your interview with Michael Anthony, has there been any acknowledgement whatsoever from anyone associated the current incarnation of the band?

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

i think i know the answer....
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

During Dave's brief solo acoustic stint that followed the demise of Red Ball Jet, it is mentioned that Dave began playing Ice Cream Man and Honalulu Baby. The latter surfaced as a great unreleased VH song. Is that a Roth original or a cover?

There have been so many unreleased gems that have surfaced over the years that most of us fans have figured we've heard them all. How on Earth did you find the songs that you've put out on You-Tube over the past few months and are there any more to follow?

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I'll start it off....

Outside of your interview with Michael Anthony, has there been any acknowledgement whatsoever from anyone associated the current incarnation of the band?
            Semi-related: Was there anyone that was reluctant to be interviewed, but eventually agreed to talk? Don't need names...
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Be sure to join us at the Army TONIGHT at 9pm ET with Van Halen Rising author @GregRenoff for a live chat about the fantastic new book!— Roth Army (@Roth_Army) October 17, 2015

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                Semi-related: Was there anyone that was reluctant to be interviewed, but eventually agreed to talk? Don't need names...
                Also, who said "NO!" We want names!

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  Also, who said "NO!" We want names!
                  How about just initials? Or "rhymes with?"
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    How about just initials? Or "rhymes with?"
                    Besides the obvious, of course....

DLR, AVH, EVH, WVH.....

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The book notes that one of the reasons Mark Stone was released was his insistence of not contributing vocals. Does this mean that all of the backing vocals on the Cherokee demo songs besides Angel Eyes are Edward alone?

Are there any other details about the Cherokee demo or the recordings with Jim Pewsey that aren't metioned in the book?

Comment

• ffoner
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Dec 2006

Speak to you guys in a little more than an hour.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

OK, if anyone wants to start posting questions, feel free now, we'll start at 9pm ET....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In here is fine to start with. We are just setting up 2 chat boxes, one where you can post questions and another where you will see the live chat with us and and Gregg.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

"For Van Halen, this is the kind of success story of talent and hard work winning out in the end. For David Lee Roth-who could have been bounced out of Van Halen in early 1977-it's a Rocky-like story of winning when the odds are stacked against you."

Having said that, what do you feel the brothers would have actually done had they been asked to ditch the man Ed once said, "we need this guy" of, who helped hone and propel their talents from nothing to something in three years time by crafting their brand of rock into catchy, fan-friendly sing-alongs?

Comment

• ffoner
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                I'll start it off....

Hi all - happy to be here. Thanks to VBVHF and Von for making this happen....

As of yet, I have not heard from anyone in the band. May never hear from anyone. Have heard that copies are going to be handed to them soon, FWIW.

Comment

Working...