Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Yes, you are right. I would have said "Screams", but I have found some entries on the net where they were called "The Scream". Does not matter. Either way they fucking sucked.

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      some idiot had booked the new wave band "The Clocks" to open for them, and they had so much change thrown at them by the crowd that Heavy said he and the other local crew guys each had 50 bucks in change easy....the stage was ankle deep in trash and change, lol.
      Ha ha - that's awesome. Those guys must have been shatting their new wave pants before they took the stage!
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Scream was the band John Corabi was in before he joined Motley Crue, no?

Going to get another beer, no time to Google.
        Last edited by twonabomber; 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ffoner
          Full On Cocktard
          • Dec 2006

About the amp head sitting on the 4 x 12 in that photo of VH from 1975, it is not a guitar amp. It is apparently a Shure Vocal Master PA head.

WOW! Awesome. I was going nuts trying to figure out what kind of goofy amy head that was. Mystery solved!

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Von....you may not believe this but you are the reason I signed up here back in about 2001 or so.

Heavy died that year (or thereabouts), and for some reason I was doing a web search on him.

I found a post here at Roth Army where you were talking about him, and after looking around the forums, I realized I had found a new home on the internet.

Heavy was a great friend. Lotsa great stories to tell. I had some fun adventures with him.

Did you see the Black Sabbath concert at Henry Levitt Arena in November of 1980 on the Heaven & Hell tour? Heavy was there that night. That was the night when some idiot had booked the new wave band "The Clocks" to open for them, and they had so much change thrown at them by the crowd that Heavy said he and the other local crew guys each had 50 bucks in change easy....the stage was ankle deep in trash and change, lol.

Wow....I just did a web search....seems he died in February of 1999. I found this online memorial to him:

Wow dude. Thanks for posting that. I had no idea Heavy died. And at the age of 45. Just wow. He, along with VH of course, gave me my greatest rock and roll experience EVER. For some reason he liked Barrie and I. He probably knew we were crazy fuckers!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ffoner
              WOW! Awesome. I was going nuts trying to figure out what kind of goofy amy head that was. Mystery solved!
              membership has it's privileges
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                membership has it's privileges
                Its. Gotcha!
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Good luck on the book......can't wait to get a copy!

Have you gotten any cooperation from the VH camp other than Mikey?
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                    Its. Gotcha!
                    and i do that won weigh two often
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chi-town324
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Feb 2007

anything to do with DLR or Van Halen i am in...keep us updated on the progress and good luck!!

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mug
                        Still have all ticket stubs,just not tech savvy to post.
                        Have Had The Chance To Meet-Up With Mug In Green Bay In 2009.I Think I Lost the Count On How Many Ticket Stubs You Have.

BTW.....Great Bar Too.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

epic! i want one.

Comment

• ffoner
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by kwame k
                            Good luck on the book......can't wait to get a copy!

Have you gotten any cooperation from the VH camp other than Mikey?
                            Have not reached out to anyone but Mikey.

Comment

• ffoner
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by chi-town324
                              anything to do with DLR or Van Halen i am in...keep us updated on the progress and good luck!!
                              Thanks!

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

How about one of Mike and Ed in '79.

Comment

Working...