Thread: Another Dave appearance?!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status

Another Dave appearance?!

Keith Lockhart's "What I Did This Summer" essay begins today. Lockhart is in his 10th season as conductor of the Boston Pops, and a retrospective of his tenure opens the "Evening at Pops" season. The program airs in Utah at 4 p.m. Sundays on KUED, Channel 7.
    Lockhart, who also has been music director of the Utah Symphony since 1998, finds the milestone a bit frightening. "It's incredible how fast time goes," he said in a chat from his Boston office.
    According to a news release from WGBH, the Boston television station that produces "Evening at Pops," Lockhart has led the orchestra in more than 600 concerts and 56 television shows. He and the show's producers select a "diverse palette" from the Pops calendar for each season's "Evening at Pops" lineup -- "everybody from Patti LaBelle to Gil Shaham, and lots in between," Lockhart said, rattling off a lengthy list of guest stars from the past decade: "Barbara Cook, Faith Prince, Rebecca Luker, Jean-Yves Thibaudet . . . Jason Alexander, Nathan Lane, Martin Short, Penn and Teller, Nanci Griffith, Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Martina McBride . . . Chick Corea. ['Sesame Street's'] Elmo might have been one of the coolest." Lockhart also put in a plug for the upcoming "Pops Goes the Fourth" Independence Day concert, featuring Broadway luminary Jennifer Holliday and former Van Halen frontman DAVID LEE ROTH, to be broadcast on CBS.

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Keith Lockhart's "What I Did This Summer" essay begins today. Lockhart is in his 10th season as conductor of the Boston Pops, and a retrospective of his tenure opens the "Evening at Pops" season. The program airs in Utah at 4 p.m. Sundays on KUED, Channel 7.
    Lockhart, who also has been music director of the Utah Symphony since 1998, finds the milestone a bit frightening. "It's incredible how fast time goes," he said in a chat from his Boston office.
    According to a news release from WGBH, the Boston television station that produces "Evening at Pops," Lockhart has led the orchestra in more than 600 concerts and 56 television shows. He and the show's producers select a "diverse palette" from the Pops calendar for each season's "Evening at Pops" lineup -- "everybody from Patti LaBelle to Gil Shaham, and lots in between," Lockhart said, rattling off a lengthy list of guest stars from the past decade: "Barbara Cook, Faith Prince, Rebecca Luker, Jean-Yves Thibaudet . . . Jason Alexander, Nathan Lane, Martin Short, Penn and Teller, Nanci Griffith, Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Martina McBride . . . Chick Corea. ['Sesame Street's'] Elmo might have been one of the coolest." Lockhart also put in a plug for the upcoming "Pops Goes the Fourth" Independence Day concert, featuring Broadway luminary Jennifer Holliday and former Van Halen frontman DAVID LEE ROTH, to be broadcast on CBS.
    Wow... great find, BT.

Another indication of Dave taking the high road while the brothers and Sam the sham are doing the money grab tour 2004.

Dave is a thousand times more respected in such circles, and more and more so it seems of late. He is really starting to get his due among the so-called elite for his creative genius.

Very cool.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No shit! Dave might be down at the Hatch-Shell this Fourth? Sweet...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Yeah I thought this was a great find. This is more tv exposure and good will for Dave- and in great company! Van who?
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great news BT! Dave's making some smart moves lately. Separation
    to say the least.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Every little thing Dave does lately has been reported on. Wanna know why? There was a semi big (not huge) buzz over a Van Halen tour this summer. When everyone found out it was Sam, not Dave, there was a let down that swept across North America. People looked at Van Halen with anticipation and were left feeling empty and cheated almost immediately when Dave was looked over for lead singer. So what does the media do? They follow what Dave's been doing, right along side what Van Hagar's been doing and it's making Dave look like a fucking genius for distancing himself. Sure gate #'s aren't too bad, but there were some high expectations for this classic rock group. With Sammy fronting the band instead of Dave, the record co. banked on 3 new songs and "Van Halen" namesake as the selling point. Then they went from saying "we're not doing Roth songs on this tour" to almost the entire set list being classic songs and Sammy talking about "loving the older material more and more everytime we play it" makes them look like failures, and in contrast makes Dave look very, very smart. Charities. Helicopter pilot. Sopranos cameo appearance. EMT training and now this. Very cool. This Army will be here when Van Hagar crashes and will also be here when the rest of the world wake up and see Dave Roth for the toastmaster general that he is.
    Whoo! That felt good. Time to take a shit!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Conversely,
    It wont hurt his changes with Van Halen either, will all these high profile appearances and goodwill stuff.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    personally, I really could care less if Dave ever got back with those turds (VHagar) ever again!

Dave is, and will always be, a class act, way above and beyond what those idiots pretended to be without him, and keep pretending to be now.

this whole VH "reunion" is all bullshit anyway...the new tunes are mediocre, at best , the tour is not as hot as all spammy fans predicted it would be and no one I know or ask gives a shit! I've been asking everyone about their thoughts on current VH and all I get is, "if it ain't with Roth, who cares?" my sentiments exactly...

I would at least like to see Roth give it a shot one more time...A real good solid ROCK band with all original tunez, and some good promo on a major label. I gaurantee he could get a deal with a major label if he really tried.

hey...at least Dave doesn't wear capris and sandals! LOL

DLR Army Mod Emeritus
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Too cool. Only Dave could do The Sopranos and The Boston Pops and actually pull it off. In the meantime, The Chedd Rocker does Emeril, or some shit.

Food for thought
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw Dave on the Sopranos last night for the first time.

Quite a surreal moment!

I haven't seen Dave on British TV since the late 80's. Wow that is a long, long time. Too long really.
    Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Thread Information