ADKOT Should Go Gold In The US Soon.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

ADKOT Should Go Gold In The US Soon.....

According to the wikipedia page for the album, ADKOT sold over 410,000 copies by the end of 2012.

So by now you can reasonably add several tens of thousands.....only needs to get to 500k....
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Last edited by DLR Bridge; 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fixed...

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Like I said...one more than Chickenfoot sold would have been enough for me.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

410,000 copies?

I can't help but think of the 10 million people that bought & loved VHI or 1984, and think to myself....fuck, there's 9,590,000 Van Halen fans totally missing out on a kick ass album.

Alright, how do I get their names & addresses? I'm taking this shit door to door. Von I'm gonna need the VH Wagon!
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Different times , people download now ... Illegally seemingly :-) .
            They were all over our screens , the new tactic is stealth and hush .
            Dave was in every paper , now a days what's a paper .

The success criteria for this album was are the grumpy hard to please die hards gonna piss on it .
            And against all odds it was great ...
            Mission accomplished
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Heater
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2010

I think lack of airplay didn't help very much. I can't remember the last time I heard any of it on the radio. It's a shame the casual listeners pretty much ignored it.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by vandeleur
                The success criteria for this album was are the grumpy hard to please die hards gonna piss on it .
                And against all odds it was great ...
                Mission accomplished
                Well said. ADKOT is a "thank you and we're sorry" audio greeting card for all of us loons more so than a new audience builder.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  Well said. ADKOT is a "thank you and we're sorry" audio greeting card for all of us loons more so than a new audience builder.
                  Well stated. Look, like it or not, we are all turning into our parents. Proof? Read on, from the inspired documentary of American life known as The Simpsons...

Homer: Grand Funk Railroad? Mark Farner's , wild shirtless lyrics, the bong- rattling bass of Mel Schacher, the competent drum work of Don Brewer? They paved the way for Jefferson airplane, which cleared the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft. For more information on Grand Funk, consult your school library!

Bart: Who are those pleasant old men?

Homer: It's BTO. They're Canada's answer to ELP. Their big hit was TCB.

[Bart stares at Homer]

Homer: That's how we talked in the '70s. We didn't have a moment to spare.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vaijuju
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2008

In the World more 900 000 / 1 000 000 sold!
                    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                      I think lack of airplay didn't help very much. I can't remember the last time I heard any of it on the radio. It's a shame the casual listeners pretty much ignored it.

Even if it got a lot of airplay, what's radio? Everyone listens to Pandora nowadays. Or Youtube. And I think you have to pay a hefty price to have your video promoted on the home page where people will click it out of curiosity.

Which is why so few new bands break through compared to corporate created Gagas & Beibers. It's not the quality of the music or live show but what new tattoo you have, who you screwed last week, and if you got a speeding ticket where the paparazzi got photos.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ffoner
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Dec 2006

The most recent confirmed # I saw for the world was 833,000 sold.....

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          What makes you think Ed is sorry?

If Ed was sorry we would have live DVDs from the Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, and ADKOT tours.
                          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                            What makes you think Ed is sorry?

If Ed was sorry we would have live DVDs from the Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, and ADKOT tours.
                            That still all may happen. I primarily meant sorry for the long wait for a new record and thanks for sticking with us.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Nah....

It's plainly obvious at this point that EVH (and probably AVH for that matter) simply doesn't have any interest in DVD's, old OR new....

Doesn't really matter at all that the FANS have been clamoring for them for DECADES now....

I remember after the '07-'08 tour someone asked EVH about a tour DVD, and he said "Why would we do that, we just went on tour?"

I'm firmly convinced Live Without a Net was Bette's recommendation and EVH just agreed to it....

So I wouldn't hold your breath for any DVD's anytime soon....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...