10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    ... Wow.
    Yeah...ants like this

Those kids were a huge threat...

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (08-06-2013)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ODShowtime View Post
    I don't subscribe to that theory. I have no problem vaporizing a few million royal subjects to limit the violent deaths of a hundred thousand GIs. The Japanese were like ants back then. Fuck 'em.

Interesting that the Scotsman judges and then the Canadian chimes in. You're both complicit. Your grandparents hands were dirty too.

And yes I'm aware of the show of force that was the atom bomb. It stopped Stalin in his tracks.
    I've seen disgusting shit on here, but this takes the cake...and how the hell are we complicit?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Can I say the irony of arguing about dropping atom bombs on cities in a thread about why it's best we can't visit other planets isn't lost on me :-)
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

5. 5 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-06-2013),Anonymous (08-06-2013),jhale667 (08-06-2013),Nickdfresh (08-06-2013),Zing! (08-06-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    I don't buy that , what about exploding out to sea and going look Tokyo next if you don't surrender or even a small island uninhibited and going look what we can do . I don't think dropping the bomb ended the war as much as improved the horse trading for after the war . IMO

Tokyo had already been flattened by conventional bombing - they needed a nice fresh target to scare the Russians with.

The Japanese had already said for weeks that they would surrender if they could keep their emperor. They had to surrender because the Russians had invaded them opening up another front.

The bombs were dropped and then those same conditions were accepted. The US government used saving GI lives as a justification but it was fake PR.

7. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-06-2013),relliot (08-07-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I've seen disgusting shit on here, but this takes the cake...and how the hell are we complicit?
    Maybe not in nukes but the British and Canadians were involved in carpet bombing German cities deliberately starting firestorms killing three hundred thousand civilians.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Am guessing your referring to the bombing of Dresden and the ensuing fire storm.
    Which in a race to the bottom was in itself a horrendous act .
    Last edited by vandeleur; 08-06-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

I don't subscribe to that theory. I have no problem vaporizing a few million royal subjects to limit the violent deaths of a hundred thousand GIs. The Japanese were like ants back then. Fuck 'em.

Interesting that the Scotsman judges and then the Canadian chimes in. You're both complicit. Your grandparents hands were dirty too.

And yes I'm aware of the show of force that was the atom bomb. It stopped Stalin in his tracks.
    Ants like you.

Hope someone steps on you sooner than later.

Or better yet, remove your legs & then burn you with a magnifier.

Oh, and YOU didn't win anything. Someone else did. You weren't there, & even if you were, you could easily be a Japanese. And watch your children/parents die and/or get maimed right in front of you.

What the fuck kind of mentality is this? And they say humans are smarter now than ever? This retard proves otherwise.

WE. Bullshit.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-06-2013 at 10:41 AM.

11. Thanked Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-06-2013)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Maybe not in nukes but the British and Canadians were involved in carpet bombing German cities deliberately starting firestorms killing three hundred thousand civilians.
    Yes, and Canadian soldiers were feared because they were ruthless, but that still doesn't make you or I complicit.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

God damn..... somebody laced your weed with angel dust this week?

14. 3 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-06-2013),jhale667 (08-06-2013),Nickdfresh (08-06-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yes, and Canadian soldiers were feared because they were ruthless, but that still doesn't make you or I complicit.
    Absolutely.

I got accused of raping Ghana by someone a few weeks back, 'YOU RAPED GHANA', she said. I replied it was nothing to do with me.

I had to Google it to find out some British were cunts there 150 years ago, I'm not taking the blame for that. They were probably being cunts to my ancestors too any way as I'm not aware of any of my lot ever being in the ruling classes.

I'm getting less and less nationalistic as i get older and if you aren't willing to take responsibility for the crimes then you can't take credit for the victories either.

Doug Stanhope puts it well here...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Absolutely.

I got accused of raping Ghana by someone a few weeks back, 'YOU RAPED GHANA', she said. I replied it was nothing to do with me.

I had to Google it to find out some British were cunts there 150 years ago, I'm not taking the blame for that. They were probably being cunts to my ancestors too any way as I'm not aware of any of my lot ever being in the ruling classes.

I'm getting less and less nationalistic as i get older and if you aren't willing to take responsibility for the crimes then you can't take credit for the victories either.

Doug Stanhope puts it well here...
    No Wi-Fi where I am right now, so can't watch the vid, but I've had accusations like that from First Nations. Last I checked, my ancestry is French, and seeing how most Voyageurs had Native spouses, and nobody in my family has been in politics, I just don't see how I'm responsible for the establishment of the Reserve System...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Am a Geordie were brought up to be conflicted about our nationality , were so removed from the capital we resent being English but slag off everyone else .
    I don't feel any guilt for the fact the English were pretty much cunts for most of history , every nation that gets its chance then usually behaves the same way .
    I think it's more a class thing than a national thing .
    The industrial revolution that fired the empire basically created an even poorer under class in our country in my mind .

18. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-06-2013)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

if you aren't willing to take responsibility for the crimes then you can't take credit for the victories either.
    That's more or less what I've always said, except it's completely retarded to take credits for a victory when you weren't even born, much less there, anyway.

"We won." Who's "we"? Most of these retards never even left their neighbourhood. And they'd probably be the first to run away. Or kill themselves out of pure fear.

Cheers!

20. Thanked Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-06-2013)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

I don't subscribe to that theory. I have no problem vaporizing a few million royal subjects to limit the violent deaths of a hundred thousand GIs.
    A hundred thousand? Some casualty projections ran upwards to a million. I'm not sure, but I'd say at least 100K dead. Not too mention the millions of Japanese...

The Japanese were like ants back then. Fuck 'em.
    As one who generally agrees with the bombings (but not the targets), that's a pretty fucking inhuman and awful statement to make. You could just as easily been a Nazi talking about Jews. The Japanese people were people - albeit a people led by one of the most cunt bastard bunch of spineless scum fucks ever...

It didn't really stop Stalin, but together with the crushing defeats the weakened Imperial Japanese Army suffered in Manchuria from Stalin's forces, the bomb did end the war. It may have also saved hundreds of thousands or even millions of Japanese from starvation and plagues as Japan could have been blockaded. I do agree that Canadians and Scots both killed with the best of them, though. The British gov't and Bomber cunt Harris was actually far more ruthless (by intention if not necessarily comparative results) when area bombing and attempting to start firestorms inevitably killing large segments of the civil German population. The USAAF (Air Force) at least had the pretension of using aimed, precision attacks - at least initially. Over Japan, this was all but impossible due to the jet stream and the vulnerable Japanese tinderbox cities...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-06-2013 at 07:25 PM.

22. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (08-06-2013)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As for technology and theft it was mainly German blokes who worked out the physics and you stole them before the Russians could
    The bombs? Um, no. The Germans couldn't find their sphincter despite their heads being firmly up their asses when it came to nukes. Their theories were all wrong...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't buy that , what about exploding out to sea and going look Tokyo next if you don't surrender or even a small island uninhibited and going look what we can do . I don't think dropping the bomb ended the war as much as improved the horse trading for after the war . IMO
    The fears were that the Japanese wouldn't have even noticed nor understood the true power of the atom bombs without a significant demonstration on a large city target. And these massively expensive firecrackers would have been wasted...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The royal "we" or "you" weren't complacent in the atomic bombings. But plenty of German women, old people, were burned and blasted to death by Canadian bomber pilots. It goes both ways. The U.S. and Canada actually had a joint commando force called "The Black Devils" or Special Service Force. They specialized in cutting unfortunate German sentries throats, then putting stickers on their heads say "the worst is yet to come" in Deutsch....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    The bombs? Um, no. The Germans couldn't find their sphincter despite their heads being firmly up their asses when it came to nukes. Their theories were all wrong...

Their best ones were Jewish and ran off to the US before the war.

There are stories that the ones that remained were deliberately poor as they didn't want the Nazi's to get the bomb - not sure if that was just the way they spun it after the war.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-06-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tokyo had already been flattened by conventional bombing - they needed a nice fresh target to scare the Russians with.
    It's very simple. Go and read about "Operation Downfall" and the frightening death tolls that would have come about. We might have used the bombs and probably chemical weapons to dislodged entrenched, fanatical Japanese soldiers at the very obvious invasion beaches and even their civil population was being armed and trained for suicide attacks. The fact that the Japanese were telling their civilians to kill themselves on Okinawa during the U.S. invasion was probably as big a factor as any. It was hard for the U.S. gov't to weigh the morality of slaughtering tens of thousands of Japanese when their very own Emperor and cunt Army command were very willing to fight to the last child...

The Japanese had already said for weeks that they would surrender if they could keep their emperor. They had to surrender because the Russians had invaded them opening up another front.
    I think I call bullshit on this. There was really no way to tell us anyways as the Japanese had hoped the Soviets would chair some sort of peace talks before the "August Storm" Soviet invasion of China. And the emperor was a fuckhead we should have thrown in the ocean anyways...

The bombs were dropped and then those same conditions were accepted. The US government used saving GI lives as a justification but it was fake PR.
    Complete leftist Euro 80's hindsight bullshit that leaves out how the Japanese Army was instructing the Japanese Okinawans to kill themselves lest they be raped and eaten by the savage American monkey men. These largely pithy, empty, unsupported and self-serving notions also go a long way to foster the Japanese agenda to be the stoic, peace loving victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and to never own up to doing things like fucking Chinese and Korean girls to death and mass murdering nearly an entire city in an orgy of violence so vile that even NAZI'S WERE OFFENDED!! To this day the Gov't of Japan continues to act like the moral equivalent of a modern day German gov't denying the Holocaust because Hamburg was firebombed by the Allies.....
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-06-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Their best ones were Jewish and ran off to the US before the war.
    There's some truth to this but it is very overstated. Many of the best scientists were American, like Oppenheimer..

There are stories that the ones that remained were deliberately poor as they didn't want the Nazi's to get the bomb - not sure if that was just the way they spun it after the war.
    It very much was. Some of the German scientists --who may not have been diehard Nazis-- were very embarrassed about their epic failings and they were never very close to a bomb and many didn't think it was theoretically possible...

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I kicked a lot of sand in a lot of vaginas in here today!

First of all fuck you angel you sanctimonious idiot.

Next, fuck imperial japan circa 1945. Those cocksuckers sneak attacked us and killed thousands. A day that will live in infamy. They committed horrible atrocities against the people of southeast Asia. What they did in China is truly barbaric. We vaped one of their cities and said "hey bitches we have another on deck we can do this all week" and the Japanese hesitated. So we dropped another. Then they surrendered and millions of lives were saved. These are all facts.

I have no hatred for japan or japanese people. But if I lived in 1945 I sure as fuck would! They betrayed us and attacked us. They murdered millions of people and wanted to subjugate the world. And it's my understanding that their civilians would resist to the last woman and child.

Now if a Japanese city got nuked now I'd weep for it. I'm not an animal. People need to chill the fuck out.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know how horrible the Japanese were in the period, I'm just not sure the bombs made them surrender saving millions of lives as it's always spun.

The timeline looks a lot more like the Russian invasion is what caused it.

31. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-06-2013)

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imapus Sylicker View Post
    Ants like you.

Hope someone steps on you sooner than later.

Or better yet, remove your legs & then burn you with a magnifier.
    And you can just kiss my ass.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know how horrible the Japanese were in the period, I'm just not sure the bombs made them surrender saving millions of lives as it's always spun.

Hey man I respect your opinion. We read different history books.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's very simple. Go and read about "Operation Downfall" and the frightening death tolls that would have come about. We might have used the bombs and probably chemical weapons to dislodged entrenched, fanatical Japanese soldiers at the very obvious invasion beaches and even their civil population was being armed and trained for suicide attacks. The fact that the Japanese were telling their civilians to kill themselves on Okinawa during the U.S. invasion was probably as big a factor as any. It was hard for the U.S. gov't to weigh the morality of slaughtering tens of thousands of Japanese when their very own Emperor and cunt Army command were very willing to fight to the last child...
    I was half expecting you to come and make this point thank you.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Am guessing your referring to the bombing of Dresden and the ensuing fire storm.
    Which in a race to the bottom was in itself a horrendous act .
    It was horrendous, but also seriously exaggerated with fantasy death tolls far higher than what actually occurred. Though that made it no less horrible for those caught in the maelstrom...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It was a combination of the two. Remember, even after the bombings and the complete Japanese collapse in China, some Imperial Japanese Army officers were so psychotic and vain that they actually tried to take control of Japan through a coup to prolong the war. It should also be noted that while the Red Army spanked the weakened Japanese Manchurian Army, the Soviets still lacked amphibious warfare capability. They also performed some "marine" style landings on Japanese home-islands and suffered initial defeats, spirited fanatical resistance, and heavy casualties as there was a very big difference from fighting the static Japanese devoid or tanks or serious antitank weapons on open planes to digging them out of invisible fortifications on islands with awful terrain. It's one of the reasons that Stalin was even willing to call it all off...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here is a summary of the 'Russian invasion' argument.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/id...render/?page=1

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow this has gone a bit off topic...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here is a summary of the 'Russian invasion' argument.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/id...render/?page=1
    I find Hasegawa interesting and he raises some excellent points. But I agree with Bernstein (pg. 4 of the article) that it is difficult to exactly calculate which cause had exactly which effect. In any case, the Soviets would have had a difficult time making significant landings on the Japanese home islands as they were not much of a naval power and there was only one real place to land and set up staging areas for a final push, and the Japanese knew it...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was referring to Einstein and bohr but found out Bohr wasn't German just Jewish . You Learn something new every day

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cool Pic

Scale of Mars' moon Phobos.

"Since I've started being interested by Mars, I am fascinated by the scale of the planet and its features, and of course, there is Phobos, its largest moon (the other one being Deimos). What better way to give a scale than to compare with actual things on Earth ?
    So, here is Phobos standing over my town Grenoble in the Alpes (eastern France). Phobos' dimensions are 26,8 x 18,4 km. If you carefully look at the center of the picture, you'll see 2 helicopters, still quite far from the "big rock"." ~ http://bit.ly/NkA7Gh

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status