X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    Isn't that the same thing as with Arsenal or Manchester United, for example?

Cheers!
    It's not dissimilar but it's not likely that you would campaign to stop gay people getting married because you supported Arsenal.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "
    Steven Weinberg

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister

I think we are at cross purposes here - what I'm trying to say is that the reason I sound as though I don't respect the belief in Jesus, Zeus, Mohammed or Thor is because I don't.
      I'm not asking you to respect my believes. I'm asking you to respect my right to believe what I believe just like I respect your right to believe what you want to believe. I'm not calling you heathenous for your comments I just find them offensive because you're basically calling anyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

It's not dissimilar but it's not likely that you would campaign to stop gay people getting married because you supported Arsenal.
        No, but you have them - in extreme cases, granted - beating & possibly killing supporters of rival clubs.

But to paint it more broadly... I was born in Portugal.

Here, you either like football, or you're fucked.

You have to jump through hoops to practice any other sport. And you'll be frowned upon or ridiculed.

People tend to think that the little world around them is the right one & all the other little worlds are crazy and/or wrong.

It's all bullshit. Your parents had no idea what they were doing. Their parents had no idea what they were doing. You're - and by that, I mean, everyone - probably just trying your best to copy what your parents did, even though you pretend to be avoiding it. And that's what they did.

Everyone's lost. Well, I found myself & I don't need god or any mumbo jumbo. You eat, drink, fuck, sleep. You're not going to amount to anything. The odds are against you.

Like I said, half a dozen people made a difference. The rest - and that's a lot of rest - tried & failed miserably. Then they spent their frustrations on their kids, trying to have a second opportunity through them. And on & on & on...

Fuck that shit. I want entertainment while I'm passing my life's time. The rest of you can try to find significance in your life. Good luck with that.

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I'm not asking you to respect my believes. I'm asking you to respect my right to believe what I believe just like I respect your right to believe what you want to believe. I'm not calling you heathenous for your comments I just find them offensive because you're basically calling anyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot.
          I don't think you should respect my beliefs.

I don't think you should respect anyone's beliefs.

In real life you shouldn't be rude to them but on here you should feel free to say you think my beliefs are idiotic and more importantly why you think that.

This should be a marketplace of ideas.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

In real life you shouldn't be rude to them but on here you should feel free to say you think my beliefs are idiotic and more importantly why you think that.
            Maybe that's why everybody talks shit to each other here on a regular basis. I don't agree that being on the internet is an excuse to call anyone you don't agree with an idiot.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I didn't call you an idiot

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Maybe that's why everybody talks shit to each other here on a regular basis. I don't agree that being on the internet is an excuse to call anyone you don't agree with an idiot.
                I would agree with you. I like to think normal people approach posting much like if they were face to face at a pub or someone's house.

Would you really remind them over an over about the time they spilt your beer (Internet or equivalent - moving a thread) said one thing and often did the exact opposite action? Who hasn't? No malice is intended and if a line is crossed an apology and amends are quickly made.

I can guarantee people in a bar are going to hang and make fun about people's troubles and all but in the end having fun is the goal.

I can guarantee you one thing though... if people are launching racist blasts or harassing a family member, etc things are going to come to a head.

how about before you post the next "pot calling tea kettle black" (idiom) you ask yourself if that is something you would say if we were all playing pool or whatever. Chances are we would not be inviting you out again.

Is it too much to ask? It's just so done man
                Last edited by Romeo Delight; 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                  I would agree with you. I like to think normal people approach posting much like if they were face to face at a pub or someone's house.
                  Well most of them really don't.

I try to but lots of times fail.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

I didn't call you an idiot
                    No but you said it's OK to call someone an idiot if you disagree with them. It's right there in post #454.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• philouze
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004

No but you said it's OK to call someone an idiot if you disagree with them. It's right there in post #454.
                      IF you explain why...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Well most of them really don't.

I try to but lots of times fail.
                        Now that's something I will agree on. Plenty of people on the internet use it to say things to other people that would warrant a punch in the face in the real world.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by philouze
                          IF you explain why...
                          If you explain why you think they're an idiot that makes it hunky dory.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No I didn't.

I said you could say their beliefs were idiotic.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
                              Show me a talking snake, or a man who can split a sea in half...

When we die... We rott in a casket... There is no after life!

Prove it!

Religion is the biggest fucking lie ever created!

It's just murder!!

Fuck all the religions...

When we die.... We die....

There's no fucking after life!
                              That's stupid to even say dude...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

No I didn't.

I said you could say their beliefs were idiotic.
                                If you say someones beliefs are idiotic you're calling them an idiot.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...