Thread: i found a video of angel

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

So we need to send booze to Africa? Fill those kids with whisky and they won't die of malaria?

It's an interesting plan...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I'm not trying to insult or upset you just putting up ideas.

In the real world maybe the 'respect beliefs' thing is necessary as a social lubricant so that rival superstitions don't kill each other but on here we should be able to talk freely and maybe examine thoughts about life the universe and everything.
    It's not your believes I have a problem with. Calling God/Jesus/Mohammed/Jehova or whatever you want to call him/her/it "invisible sky daddy" shows a lack of respect for others believes.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

To be fair, superstitious beliefs shouldn't be respected.

They perpetuate ignorance & lack of questioning.

Questioning is what got us this "far".

For microbes on a speck of dust, not too shabby.

Especially given that it was all done by half a dozen people, out of all the gajillions that walked the earth.

Cheers!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So we need to send booze to Africa? Fill those kids with whisky and they won't die of malaria?
    I guess you didn't catch it when I said I was an agnostic. I grew up going to church every Sunday while some actor in an ugly suit tried to scare as much money out of everyones pockets as he so he could so he could live the life he tells you you shouldn't live. You don't need worldy thing but he damn sure does and you're gonna pay for them. Just because God doesn't intervene when atrocities take place doesn't mean there's nothing out there. Like I said maybe it doesn't work that way.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Which bit is disrespectful?

Invisible?

Sky?

Daddy?

Did Mohammed not jump on a magic horse when he died and go to heaven?

I think what you don't like about that is that it is stating the core beliefs in a way that removes the spin sticking to the core of the story.

Like calling Jesus a jewish zombie.

I think we are at cross purposes here - what I'm trying to say is that the reason I sound as though I don't respect the belief in Jesus, Zeus, Mohammed or Thor is because I don't.

I think it's ridiculous.

If you because of where you happen to have been born believe in a Christian god because you were told that was true at a very vulnerable age by everyone around you - you effectively caught a religious virus then I think that has had enough respect and a little random voice on the internet saying 'WTF?' is maybe something to think about.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you because of where you happen to have been born believe in a Christian god because you were told that was true at a very vulnerable age by everyone around you - you effectively caught a religious virus
    Isn't that the same thing as with Arsenal or Manchester United, for example?

Cheers!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imapus Sylicker View Post
    To be fair, superstitious beliefs shouldn't be respected.

They perpetuate ignorance & lack of questioning.

Questioning is what got us this "far".
    The world is going to Hell in a hand basket and you think we've made progress? I can't even understand why anyone would bring a child into this fucked up world with all the shit that's going on nowdays. Iran and North Korea are threatening people with atomic bombs. The rich keep getting richer while the poor get poorer and poorer. Our own government can't be trusted to tell you the truth about anything. I don't see the progress you speak of.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    The world is going to Hell in a hand basket and you think we've made progress? I can't even understand why anyone would bring a child into this fucked up world with all the shit that's going on nowdays. Iran and North Korea are threatening people with atomic bombs. The rich keep getting richer while the poor get poorer and poorer. Our own government can't be trusted to tell you the truth about anything. I don't see the progress you speak of.
    Well, I can watch any episode of Sonic the Hedgehog in three clicks.

Cheers!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Which bit is disrespectful?

Invisible?

Sky?

Daddy?

Did Mohammed not jump on a magic horse when he died and go to heaven?

I think what you don't like about that is that it is stating the core beliefs in a way that removes the spin sticking to the core of the story.

Like calling Jesus a jewish zombie.

I think we are at cross purposes here - what I'm trying to say is that the reason I sound as though I don't respect the belief in Jesus, Zeus, Mohammed or Thor is because I don't.

I think it's ridiculous.

If you because of where you happen to have been born believe in a Christian god because you were told that was true at a very vulnerable age by everyone around you - you effectively caught a religious virus then I think that has had enough respect and a little random voice on the internet saying 'WTF?' is maybe something to think about.
    Agnostic means I'm not really sure there is a God but then again their might be. I'm not a Christian or an Atheist. I'm just a regular person who just doesn't know what to believe.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

When my Dad was conceived there were people in planes dropping bombs on the city he lived in killing thousands of people every other night. He got a pencil for xmas in a good year, they had no TV or internet and no sweets, or even TV. When he got to 8 years old he got to eat a banana. They would be beaten routinely and friends on his street who were catholic would be fucked by the local priest.

The difference between his upbringing and mine is just as large as the difference between mine and my kids.

It's completely ludicrous to say there is no progress, you are spectacularly lucky to be born now. Even more fucking lucky to be born in one of the rich countries. You lucky lucky lucky bastard.

You need to travel - seriously do some travelling. See the world and realise how lucky you are.

11. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

VetteLS5 (08-12-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imapus Sylicker View Post
    Isn't that the same thing as with Arsenal or Manchester United, for example?

Cheers!
    It's not dissimilar but it's not likely that you would campaign to stop gay people getting married because you supported Arsenal.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "
    Steven Weinberg

13. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-12-2013)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not asking you to respect my believes. I'm asking you to respect my right to believe what I believe just like I respect your right to believe what you want to believe. I'm not calling you heathenous for your comments I just find them offensive because you're basically calling anyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's not dissimilar but it's not likely that you would campaign to stop gay people getting married because you supported Arsenal.
    No, but you have them - in extreme cases, granted - beating & possibly killing supporters of rival clubs.

But to paint it more broadly... I was born in Portugal.

Here, you either like football, or you're fucked.

You have to jump through hoops to practice any other sport. And you'll be frowned upon or ridiculed.

People tend to think that the little world around them is the right one & all the other little worlds are crazy and/or wrong.

It's all bullshit. Your parents had no idea what they were doing. Their parents had no idea what they were doing. You're - and by that, I mean, everyone - probably just trying your best to copy what your parents did, even though you pretend to be avoiding it. And that's what they did.

Everyone's lost. Well, I found myself & I don't need god or any mumbo jumbo. You eat, drink, fuck, sleep. You're not going to amount to anything. The odds are against you.

Like I said, half a dozen people made a difference. The rest - and that's a lot of rest - tried & failed miserably. Then they spent their frustrations on their kids, trying to have a second opportunity through them. And on & on & on...

Fuck that shit. I want entertainment while I'm passing my life's time. The rest of you can try to find significance in your life. Good luck with that.

Cheers!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not asking you to respect my believes. I'm asking you to respect my right to believe what I believe just like I respect your right to believe what you want to believe. I'm not calling you heathenous for your comments I just find them offensive because you're basically calling anyone who doesn't agree with you an idiot.
    I don't think you should respect my beliefs.

I don't think you should respect anyone's beliefs.

In real life you shouldn't be rude to them but on here you should feel free to say you think my beliefs are idiotic and more importantly why you think that.

This should be a marketplace of ideas.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In real life you shouldn't be rude to them but on here you should feel free to say you think my beliefs are idiotic and more importantly why you think that.
    Maybe that's why everybody talks shit to each other here on a regular basis. I don't agree that being on the internet is an excuse to call anyone you don't agree with an idiot.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't call you an idiot

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe that's why everybody talks shit to each other here on a regular basis. I don't agree that being on the internet is an excuse to call anyone you don't agree with an idiot.
    I would agree with you. I like to think normal people approach posting much like if they were face to face at a pub or someone's house.

Would you really remind them over an over about the time they spilt your beer (Internet or equivalent - moving a thread) said one thing and often did the exact opposite action? Who hasn't? No malice is intended and if a line is crossed an apology and amends are quickly made.

I can guarantee people in a bar are going to hang and make fun about people's troubles and all but in the end having fun is the goal.

I can guarantee you one thing though... if people are launching racist blasts or harassing a family member, etc things are going to come to a head.

how about before you post the next "pot calling tea kettle black" (idiom) you ask yourself if that is something you would say if we were all playing pool or whatever. Chances are we would not be inviting you out again.

Is it too much to ask? It's just so done man
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 08-12-2013 at 01:02 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    I would agree with you. I like to think normal people approach posting much like if they were face to face at a pub or someone's house.
    Well most of them really don't.

I try to but lots of times fail.

21. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-13-2013)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't call you an idiot
    No but you said it's OK to call someone an idiot if you disagree with them. It's right there in post #454.

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

No but you said it's OK to call someone an idiot if you disagree with them. It's right there in post #454.
    IF you explain why...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well most of them really don't.

I try to but lots of times fail.
    Now that's something I will agree on. Plenty of people on the internet use it to say things to other people that would warrant a punch in the face in the real world.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philouze View Post
    IF you explain why...
    If you explain why you think they're an idiot that makes it hunky dory.

26. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

philouze (08-12-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No I didn't.

I said you could say their beliefs were idiotic.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Show me a talking snake, or a man who can split a sea in half...

When we die... We rott in a casket... There is no after life!

Prove it!

Religion is the biggest fucking lie ever created!

It's just murder!!

Fuck all the religions...

When we die.... We die....

There's no fucking after life!
    That's stupid to even say dude...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No I didn't.

I said you could say their beliefs were idiotic.
    If you say someones beliefs are idiotic you're calling them an idiot.

30. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (08-12-2013)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    Absolute laughable shit.

Ummhmmm...

Where was God when somebody pulled down on me?

Did you get on your knees and call out to Him and tell you need Him ??

Had you ever done such a thing ??

Didn't think so...

Or when a family member was struck down?

Did they cry out to Him ??

Did they have a relationship with the one true God ??

I guess he was on vacation...

No, he was there all the time...

It's us that are too proud to turn to the God that loves us unconditionally and is there to guide us...

Bottom fucking line is all you have is your ass. How you go from there is all up to you. And only you.

And God will allow you stay that way until you die with a cold heart...

It's up to you...

God doesn't twist anyone's arm...

All the rest is only side stepping the larger issue of bucking up and not looking for a crutch.

Bucking up to what ??

A crutch for what ??

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Believe in yourself, not in a fairy tale that doesn't exist.

Jesus is just a real as mother goose or the tooth fairy!
    Jesus was as real as you and I. That doesn't mean he was the son of God but he was a real person.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Agnostic means I'm not really sure there is a God but then again their might be. I'm not a Christian or an Atheist. I'm just a regular person who just doesn't know what to believe.
    Then as a friend, I would suggest you type Charles Stanley into youtube and start to listen to what he has to say...

The man's been preaching the gospel for over 60 years...

He knows a thing or two about reality and God, and he knows quite a bit more than Sesh...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Jesus was as real as you and I. That doesn't mean he was the son of God but he was a real person.
    I believe He's exactly who the Bible says He is...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The fool says in his heart,
    “There is no God.”
    They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
    there is no one who does good.

The Lord looks down from heaven
    on all mankind
    to see if there are any who understand,
    any who seek God.
    All have turned away, all have become corrupt;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.

Do all these evildoers know nothing?

They devour my people as though eating bread;
    they never call on the Lord.
    But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,
    for God is present in the company of the righteous.
    You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor,
    but the Lord is their refuge.

Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
    When the Lord restores his people,
    let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

Psalms 14

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

C'mon! Everybody!

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Take your fucking preaching out of "my" thread.

39. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

VetteLS5 (08-12-2013)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well, I could say go to hell, but that's a given...

So, go back to whatever vile disgusting thing you were putting into your heart trying to fill that God shaped hole...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Well, I could say go to hell, but that's a given...

So, go back to whatever vile disgusting thing you were putting into your heart trying to fill that God shaped hole...
    Oh, ffs. Take your fire and brimstone elsewhere. You know fuck all about my belief system...because I don't shove my beliefs down other people's throats!

But I can tell you this much...you're in for a big surprise, pal.

Oh, and that disgusting perverted thing I was putting into my heart was forgiveness for people that have harmed me or other's that I care about. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Last edited by Angel; 08-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.

42. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

Jesus Christ (08-12-2013)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I forgive you...

Now tell God you love him...

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I forgive you...

Better yet, show Me ye love Me by thine actions.

Which ye are not doing so much at the moment, Gregory.

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I believe He's exactly who the Bible says He is...
    Then why do ye not keep My teachings?

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I forgive you...

I neither asked for nor reqire your forgiveness...

No go shove your crap down somebody elses throat...

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Angel, I forgive thee.

Now that means all the rest of you can drop thy stones already.

48. Thanked Jesus Christ for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-12-2013)

Thread Information