X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Slash - The Autobiography

I am halfway through this book right now.

The only reason I am going to finish it is that I paid out 5 bucks for it at a used bookstore, and I figure I have gotten up to about 1992 or so. Might as well finish the read.

Though it is a good chronicle of his life, I realized something while reading it.

I am not fucking interested in reading the fucking life story of a fucking junkie.

Fuck that stupid motherfucker. He was a fucking junkie by the time he was 19. Several other idiots in GNR were smackers also. Stupid fucks.

I don't give a goddamn if he can play guitar or not. He is a fucking loser, junkie motherfucker.

When I finish reading this, I am going to sell it back to the used bookstore. At least I can get some of my money back.

Good thing I did not buy it new. I would not be interested in contributing to his fucking junkie habit.

Oh and it confirms the obvious.....Axle Grease is a fucking loser asshole cocksucker. Fuck that worthless piece of shit. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being. Fucking idiot.

Ethel Merman should have murdered her red-headed bastard step-child test-tube baby while she had the chance.
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Is he a junkie? He always struck me as the stoner/drinker type. I remember him saying he used to sell weed outside of the VH club gigs.

What's the absolute worst thing he's said about Axl so far? I'm curious as to whether he sugar coated his story or not, in order to leave the proverbial reunion door open the way Duff apparently did.
    Last edited by DLR Bridge; 09-19-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

It's certainly a warts and all read. I remember being somewhat dissappointed - when GNR were at the heights of their fame touring the world, Slash spent most of his time trying to score heroin. So many of his memories seem to be about that. 'Landed in city, tried to find dope.......'.

He also comes across very badly in places. He gets into a relationship with some girl, who subsequently nurses him off dope only for him to realise that he doesn't like her very much and he kicks her to the curb. Classy - the way he puts it is brutal. I suspect that if you actually had to be around them, most rock stars would be assholes.

But it's certainly worth a read - the stuff about Axl clearly still touches his nerves 20 years later.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by binnie
        I suspect that if you actually had to be around them, most rock stars would be assholes.
        Ain't that a bitch?

Kinda makes being stuck with an underpaying 9 to 5 job burn a little bit more.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

. I suspect that if you actually had to be around them, most rock stars would be assholes.

IME I wouldn't say "most" - in fact most of the ones I've met and hung out with over the years are cool as shit for the most part. The ones that ARE assholes tend to take it to the Nth degree though...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

I suspect that if you actually had to be around them, most rock stars would be assholes.

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            Ain't that a bitch?

Kinda makes being stuck with an underpaying 9 to 5 job burn a little bit more.

Most people in the American workforce are assholes too. I'd venture to guess that dealing with assholes is a lot easier when you can just look at your bank statement and realize you can tell anyone at any time to fuck off and simply walk away.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
              Most people in the American workforce are assholes too. I'd venture to guess that dealing with assholes is a lot easier when you can just look at your bank statement and realize you can tell anyone at any time to fuck off and simply walk away.
              That's not a move that I'd reccomend a guy with a family and a mortgage make.

(so don't tempt me! )

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by jhale667
                IME I wouldn't say "most" - in fact most of the ones I've met and hung out with over the years are cool as shit for the most part. The ones that ARE assholes tend to take it to the Nth degree though...
                True. I've hung out with Scotti Hill and Dave Sabo a few times. Still can't believe how friggin' nice they were.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  That's not a move that I'd reccomend a guy with a family and a mortgage make.

(so don't tempt me! )

I don't have either of those, but these days even I'd think twice before telling an employer to fuck off .... it's tough out there!

But I've been in situations where I've seen a few rock stars tell people to fuck off, and it's usually hilarious...!
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Most of the people I've met in the music industry have been very cool and groovy . But am guessing there is some clever equation the says the bigger the arshole you are the less likely you want to meet the peasants so chances are most people don't meet the true douche bags.
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Slash has acquired this status of some kind of "legendary" guitarist, and I just don't see it.

Don't get me wrong, he's no slouch for sure, but he seems to be the go-to-guitarist for every special occasion nowadays....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think Slash is actually more famous for his look/image than he is for his actual playing. Not that the GnR records weren't huge or anything, but the odd combination of the Abe Lincoln top hat and the massive amount of hair covering his face.... for better or worse, it's an iconic look. Most people would probably recognize him more with their eyes than their ears (aside from the GnR records that everybody knows)
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

And is it me, or does every solo he's done since Appetite sound exactly the same? I've been hearing his new song, Anastasia, on the radio. The riff is eh, and the singer grates on me, but the solo? Same damn thing he's always done. Same thin sound, too. He plays a Les Paul FFS! Where's the beef?
                          Last edited by DLR Bridge; 09-19-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Thought some of the early velvet revolver stuff was a bit different , thought the slither riff was pretty cool . But he isn't breaking ground with anything new but then again he doesn't have to do many night shifts
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

I am only at the point where they kicked Steve Adler out of the band. Slash admits it was hypocritical and harsh, kicking him out for being a junkie, but the fact was his playing was affected enough that they needed a real drummer, not a fucking junkie phoning it in. And Slash had just cleaned his act up, though I can only assume he began junkerizing again soon afterwards. I will find out as I read further.

So as for the breakdown in the relationship between Axl Grease and Slash, I am not there yet. But there were several incidents mentioned in the early part of the book where Axle was just a plain fucking dick. Slash tries to explain it away by saying "He was so sensitive..."

Bullshit.

The last thing I read just a moment ago.....they had forced Adler to sign a contract stating he would not perform or rehearse while on smack. It was a three strikes, he's out contract. Of course he signed it, and ignored it.

Then once the fired him, Adler sued them over a technicality in the contract, and they were forced to pay him 2 million fucking dollars.

Paying a junkie off because he is a fucking junkie? 2 million fucking dollars? What a load of fucking shit.

Look...truth be told, I am sure Slash is not a complete dick....but yeah, I just read the part where he kicked the chick out who was just trying to help him and have a relationship with him. No "thank you", no "I love you but it is not working"....she was not causing him any problems at all.....he just fucking told her to get the fuck out one day, and he says he never saw her again. What a load of crap.

99% of all "rock stars" I met were nice, cool, no attitudes, etc. And even when I met someone who was less than friendly, it was never anything extreme. I said hello to Blackie Lawless at FM Station one night and he acted as if I was some kind of leper. I met Buck Dharma in the mid-90s, and he acted as though I raped his mother and killed his dog.

Sure, for all I know they coulda been having a bad day. Whatever the fuck. It doesn't bother me (and did not...even in the few seconds afterwards).

The real purpose of my original post is that I am sick and tired of reading about fucking junkies. It bugged the shit out of me to read about the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin having problems with it. Too many great jazz musicians got fucked up in their lives due to H. Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison fucking died from the shit.

The only reason a publisher even considered putting out an autobiography of Slash is because he was in GNR. If they had known beforehand it was going to be a non-stop litany of "I needed to score....I nodded out....I spent all my royalty money on junk, etc.", they might have declined to release the book.

Fortunately most of the bios I have read have been of musicians who never got hooked on smack.

I have no respect for junkies.

In this day and age, the entire history of musicians and heroin is common knowledge.

The fact it can make you die, has heavy legal penalties for being busted with it, can ruin your life and anyone else's you hang with does not seem to register with these stupid motherfuckers.

If they are so stupid they wanna be a fucking loser junkie even knowing what can happen, then I say fuck the worthless cocksuckers in the ass with a chainsaw.

They deserve every bit of death, destruction, doom, misery, prison time, etc. that they get.

Stupid motherfuckers.

Comment

Working...