Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: David Lee Roth " New Van Halen Sessions"!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Never.

Just because you like these old aging twerkers does not mean they are sacred or free from criticism.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Never.

Just because you like these old aging twerkers does not mean they are sacred or free from criticism.

god your beautiful.....
    I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm no twerker.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMaddVibe View Post
    Who is Sammy Hagar?
    "a Bridge-Troll Drone" - DLR
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm no twerker.
    I think that goes without saying...
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm no twerker.
    But you're still a cunt
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is the house that, Roth Built.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    Accepting everything that falls from his mouth as another instruction on how to live. Applauding his lyrics as genius-- tho most are rehashed hipster quotes. Overusing the word stellar to be more Dave-like. Convinced the next album is already better than ADKOT. Anyone who disagrees at all are poisonous evil. Dave would agree with you, and he will when you finally meet, you just KNOW it, Dave is gonna say youre cool!
    Ya know, it takes a certain amount of child-like geekness to continually arrive at a fan site of a band you grew up enjoying the hell out of. That's not something that any of us here would be affraid or ashamed to admit. But what does it take to do the thing that you do? What drives a person to cut time out of their day to go to a fan site with the soul intention of berating the person the site is honoring and the people doing the honoring? I'll never get it I guess, as I would never do the same at a site dedicated to a band or person I don't like. You like to refer to the faithful in here as 'blind followers'. That couldn't be further from the truth. The majority of posts in here are by people nit picking at Dave's every move. Doesn't make them any less of a fan for voicing opinions, but those who constantly trash talk and belittle (you're not alone) Dave, what exactly is your motivation?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm no twerker.
    your avatars.....sweet.....your a doll....

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Question was posed earlier why there's no excitement. Besides people not taking what the band says to heart until something concrete is happening, a lot of people like me also don't check in here on a regular basis for obvious reasons.

Now having just read this, I think this is GREAT news. While I'm not expecting an early 2014 release and tour or anything, I'm really happy Dave is talking VH so soon after the latest batch of shows ended. I recall that after they wrapped things up in 2008, you literally didn't hear from them again until late 2011.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    there was no excitement initially from me since it was a facebook Dave and there's been plenty of fake facebook Daves.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was a Facebook Dave.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Most likely the same old rehash of cliched riffs, Roth dismal vocals and sloppy production as the last one. Face it, people Van Scalein' are another in a series of novelty acts milking their fans for their remaining nickels and dimes. The luster is gone as is the fun and inventiveness. Twenty seven years of alcohol abuse, drug addiction, and not talking to each other has taken its toll. No doubt that F A T Sammy killed all that was pure with the Halen but Roth is to blame for burying the coffin; the dude could never sing, cannot pen a viable song and for the most part was an egomaniacal cocksucker. The "six pack" may well forever live in rock history but a Different Kind Of Turd never will not will any offering that comes later if so be it.
    Why is Kristy part of the David Lee Roth Army? Better question, Why do we allow her to be part of the David Lee Roth Army? I for one, vote to ban her, anyone with me?

There is nothing wrong with criticism, we should all be able to express our feelings, positive or negative. But there is much more going on here with Kristy than just simple criticism. "The dude could never sing"? If that's the case, why do you imply that you are (or were) a fan of Van Halen? You say "The six-pack may forever live in rock history". Just in case you didn't know, THAT IS David Lee Roth singing every single word of the "six-pack". How could you claim to love it so much that you believe that it will "forever live in rock history" if you believe David Lee Roth could never sing? "cannot pen a viable song", now are we talking recently or ever? obviously he wrote the lyrics to most of those songs in the six-pack which in you words "may forever live in rock history". If you mean ADKOT, his peers, critics and most fans would strongly disagree with you, and wasn't "Outta Space" named Classic Rock's song of the year? It was someone's for sure. "A Different Kind of "Turd"" is an incredible album again according to critics, peers, and fans. And if you truly believe it was that bad and "any offering that comes later" will be just as bad or worse, you need to ask yourself what the fuck you are doing on this site. Further more if you believe David Lee Roth is an "egomaniacal cocksucker", why do you belong to a web site that is in honor of that " egomaniacal cocksucker"?

Again, some criticism is no problem but when some bitch comes her to just trash the hell out of the man this web site is named for and the band he is part of, I can't for the life of me understand why, 1) she wants to be here, or 2) why she is allowed to be here.

I don't believe she's a fan at all, there is no way even if she once was (which I truly doubt)! I hope I'm not over stepping myself here by asking again WHY THE FUCK DO WE ALLOW HER TO BE HERE?
    Last edited by Grit; 09-27-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    I hope I'm not over stepping myself here by asking again WHY THE FUCK DO WE ALLOW HER TO BE HERE?
    she usually has good weed?
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't know why she comes here but I wouldn't ban her ... I see it more as care in the community
    fuck your fucking framing

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why is Kristy part of the David Lee Roth Army? Better question, Why do we allow her to be part of the David Lee Roth Army? I for one, vote to ban her, anyone with me?

There is nothing wrong with criticism, we should all be able to express our feelings, positive or negative. But there is much more going on here with Kristy than just simple criticism. "The dude could never sing"? If that's the case, why do you imply that you are (or were) a fan of Van Halen? You say "The six-pack may forever live in rock history". Just in case you didn't know, THAT IS David Lee Roth singing every single word of the "six-pack". How could you claim to love it so much that you believe that it will "forever live in rock history" if you believe David Lee Roth could never sing? "cannot pen a viable song", now are we talking recently or ever? obviously he wrote the lyrics to most of those songs in the six-pack which in you words "may forever live in rock history". If you mean ADKOT, his peers, critics and most fans would strongly disagree with you, and wasn't "Outta Space" named Classic Rock's song of the year? It was someone's for sure. "A Different Kind of "Turd"" is an incredible album again according to critics, peers, and fans. And if you truly believe it was that bad and "any offering that comes later" will be just as bad or worse, you need to ask yourself what the fuck you are doing on this site. Further more if you believe David Lee Roth is an "egomaniacal cocksucker", why do you belong to a web site that is in honor of that " egomaniacal cocksucker"?

Again, some criticism is no problem but when some bitch comes her to just trash the hell out of the man this web site is named for and the band he is part of, I can't for the life of me understand why, 1) she wants to be here, or 2) why she is allowed to be here.

I don't believe she's a fan at all, there is no way even if she once was (which I truly doubt)! I hope I'm not over stepping myself here by asking again WHY THE FUCK DO WE ALLOW HER TO BE HERE?
    It's a public forum and she's a member. She didn't break any rules that I'm aware of unless they added a must love Roth and hate Hagar rule while I was on hiatus.

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ban her??? LOL, why? Cause she isn't a fan enough?

I don't mind her. She made a couple of great threads, including one in the sports forum, I don't remember the title, but it was hillarious.

You just have to learn to take her negativity the right way, it can be pretty funny at times.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My opinion is the last one to matter around here but banning Kristy would be stupid. Sure she is negative and likes to bash pretty much everything but that is her schtick, I find her fucking hilarious but what do I know?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You got a lot of social problems don't you, Mr. Vengeance?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    It's a public forum and she's a member. She didn't break any rules that I'm aware of unless they added a must love Roth and hate Hagar rule while I was on hiatus.
    While that's never been a formalized "rule" around here, it's certainly an informal policy. Doesn't need any enforcement though, beyond a functional set of eardrums.

Nobody has to tell you Hagar sucks. You just need the ability to listen.......
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Nobody has to tell you Hagar sucks. You just need the ability to listen.......
    Maybe binnie will do a review of Haggar's new album to verify this.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    Ban her??? LOL, why? Cause she isn't a fan enough?

I don't mind her. She made a couple of great threads, including one in the sports forum, I don't remember the title, but it was hillarious.

You just have to learn to take her negativity the right way, it can be pretty funny at times.
    She's hilarious and intelligent.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You got a lot of social problems don't you, Mr. Vengeance?
    I've never seen this dude post before but it doesn't seem right that a person who posts 35 times in two years should be calling for a regular poster to be banned for anything. I just assumed you've figured you've talked enough shit about Zep and decided you'd start talking shit about Van Halen for a bit. If you want to talk shit about The Beatles next drop me a line.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kristy, who's in your avatar now?

Oh dear.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Um, that's a can of bug spray. Anyone can see that, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm with ya! I mean, fuck that bitch with a double-ended dildo bolted to a steam locomotive like the one on a A Different Kind Of Turd cover. The Roth Army is scared and I swear this Kristy bitch has gone all Snowden/Bradley Manning on us. Such a bitch.

There is nothing wrong with criticism, we should all be able to express our feelings, positive or negative. But there is much more going on here with Kristy than just simple criticism. "The dude could never sing"? If that's the case, why do you imply that you are (or were) a fan of Van Halen? You say "The six-pack may forever live in rock history". Just in case you didn't know, THAT IS David Lee Roth singing every single word of the "six-pack". How could you claim to love it so much that you believe that it will "forever live in rock history" if you believe David Lee Roth could never sing? "cannot pen a viable song", now are we talking recently or ever? obviously he wrote the lyrics to most of those songs in the six-pack which in you words "may forever live in rock history".
    What's Sinatra, Pavarotti or Steve Albini when compared to Roth? This Kristy bitch once again talking out of her ass but this is typical of potheads. These fucking stoners, I'd line them all up against a wall and shoot every one of them if I could. Alcohol, wife beating, and living on welfare while A Different Kind Of Turd blast on my Wal-Mart stereo in my trailer park is what life is all about!! Long live Roth!!!

If you mean ADKOT, his peers, critics and most fans would strongly disagree with you, and wasn't "Outta Space" named Classic Rock's song of the year? It was someone's for sure. "A Different Kind of "Turd"" is an incredible album again according to critics, peers, and fans. And if you truly believe it was that bad and "any offering that comes later" will be just as bad or worse, you need to ask yourself what the fuck you are doing on this site. Further more if you believe David Lee Roth is an "egomaniacal cocksucker", why do you belong to a web site that is in honor of that " egomaniacal cocksucker"?
    How DARE she say that! Everyone knows Roth is a rock star and rock stars are more infallible than the god damn Pope! Especially Roth!! She must be smoking some shitty weed. Whereas I do meth and try to fool my probation officer. A Different Kind Of Turd was amazing! No matter how worn out the riffs and the bland production and Roth being clueless in his own band that fucking gunt has no fucking right! And everyone here knows this website is all about nonegomanical cocksuckers

Kristy is not just "some bitch" she's THE BITCH! Bigger than Kim Kardashian bitch with her elephant eared cunt flaps she's no Army member.

Yeah! Fans never criticized their bands no matter how much that band is scamming their fans to pay for all the paternity suits, drug busts and rehab from their hedonistic heyday. I too cannot wait for the next Van Halen offering even though they quit being Van Halen over 29 years ago. It's just a name a CD cover with nothing inside. But unlike that Kristy bitch, I'll buy it anyway. Fuck her.
    Last edited by Kristy; 09-27-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    She's hilarious and intelligent.
    No she's not! She's a CUNT of EPIC proportions!

Fuck her and anyone that wants to carry her water!

This site and and any music site that's worth it's weight would cut her bait and run. Anyone willing to defend this tripe bullshit deserves the hammer thrown on top of them!

Fuck her and anyone defending this bullshit of Hagar!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    My opinion is the last one to matter around here...

Nah dude, come on. You've built a very solid rep here with your 6000+ posts. ROTH ON!!
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    Ya know, it takes a certain amount of child-like geekness to continually arrive at a fan site of a band you grew up enjoying the hell out of. That's not something that any of us here would be affraid or ashamed to admit. But what does it take to do the thing that you do? What drives a person to cut time out of their day to go to a fan site with the soul intention of berating the person the site is honoring and the people doing the honoring? I'll never get it I guess, as I would never do the same at a site dedicated to a band or person I don't like. You like to refer to the faithful in here as 'blind followers'. That couldn't be further from the truth. The majority of posts in here are by people nit picking at Dave's every move. Doesn't make them any less of a fan for voicing opinions, but those who constantly trash talk and belittle (you're not alone) Dave, what exactly is your motivation?
    Soul intention or Sole intention? The majority here nitpick ol' Dave? Really, you find brief moments where
    Dave sounded OK, you collectively wet your panties if he does a split, a kick or a twirl. Why don't you nit pick his little pixie slide thing? See, some stuff he does because he wants to be crazy dave, zany dave, and the choir here sings allelujah, that's so dave, only dave would do such and such--no shit. He aint got pipes at his disposal anymore so bust out the schtick. Anyone who says the emperor is wearing no clothes is ostrasized, those of us who saw them LIVE when they were good have earned the right to speak our mind. Its comical to be attacked by fans who have experienced almost all their VH by youtube and then the most recent tour. There was no way after waiting so long you could possibly say what you really thought. I called that one a long time ago. I still love VH and i listen to them a lot, glad i have the 6 first albums, because that singer dont exist anymore. That guy owned the stage, the guy we have now just wants to be on a stage. Big difference. The undercurrent of hate here toward anyone who doesnt like the lemming food runs deep. VH was never really about anger, come on happy up, you got what you wanted with the "reinion" its just some of us think we didn't.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I Touch Myself.:P
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The undercurrent of hate here toward anyone who doesnt like the lemming food runs deep.
    I am continually amused by people who come here, state their anti-Dave opinions, and get upset that they get bashed.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Soul intention or Sole intention? The majority here nitpick ol' Dave? Really, you find brief moments where
    Dave sounded OK, you collectively wet your panties if he does a split, a kick or a twirl. Why don't you nit pick his little pixie slide thing? See, some stuff he does because he wants to be crazy dave, zany dave, and the choir here sings allelujah, that's so dave, only dave would do such and such--no shit. He aint got pipes at his disposal anymore so bust out the schtick. Anyone who says the emperor is wearing no clothes is ostrasized, those of us who saw them LIVE when they were good have earned the right to speak our mind. Its comical to be attacked by fans who have experienced almost all their VH by youtube and then the most recent tour. There was no way after waiting so long you could possibly say what you really thought. I called that one a long time ago. I still love VH and i listen to them a lot, glad i have the 6 first albums, because that singer dont exist anymore. That guy owned the stage, the guy we have now just wants to be on a stage. Big difference. The undercurrent of hate here toward anyone who doesnt like the lemming food runs deep. VH was never really about anger, come on happy up, you got what you wanted with the "reinion" its just some of us think we didn't.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No she's not! She's a CUNT of EPIC proportions!

Fuck her and anyone that wants to carry her water!

This site and and any music site that's worth it's weight would cut her bait and run. Anyone willing to defend this tripe bullshit deserves the hammer thrown on top of them!

She's a hilarious and intelligent cunt then...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I noticed the wrong spelling of sole too late to correct. I wrote that pretty quick before heading off to work.

So that's it? You're offended that you're attacked for speaking your mind? You saw Dave back in the good ol' days, so you've earned the right to do nothing but denounce his present abilities and appearance and over all existence? I still fail to see the motivation to cut out time in you're day to do so. I loved KISS growing up. I'm pretty much disgusted with them now. I have yet to go to a fan site of theirs in all of the years that fan sites have existed. My point is, if Dave no longer does it for you, look away! Go elsewhere. Enjoy your life by discussing something you now enjoy. There are many people here who saw Dave back in the day as you did who come here to either discuss the good ol' days or comment on the good, bad and indifferent of the now. To us, that's a normal message board existence. To solely (how's that?) trash talk because you feel as though you've earned some right to do so is just an absurdity. But do as you wish. I'm sure you're probably a decent person who's capable of making more constructive criticisms, rather than what you've been doing. Share a story about when you saw them. Chime in on a thread about songs from the six pack. If you're a true fan as you say you are, being positive in some capacity shouldn't be an impossibility for you. Take care.
    Last edited by DLR Bridge; 09-28-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Hey asshole, show me one thread where I was ever pro-Hagar.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I noticed the wrong spelling of sole too late to correct.
    I actually think soul intention is accurate!
    Same ole song and dance...

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey asshole, show me one thread where I was ever pro-Hagar.

Let's not pretend that you aren't a bitch at times to other users, totally unmotivated in many cases.
    But I have never seen you being pro Hagar, ever.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm just not seeing the outcome in quite the same way as Kristy is re: Van Halen's current incarnation.

I would readily agree with her that there was a lot of self-abuse in the form of drugs and alcohol in the years between 1984 and 2007 that clearly didn't help. I mean, there's really no debating the contention that in terms of physical and creative ability Van Halen now are way past their prime.

However, I think ADKOT was, in the words of another poster on this thread, more-or-less exactly what it should have been: an album that sounds like CVH. It's got a couple of duffers on it, and is admittedly an attempt to recapture the sound and spirit of CVH, but isn't that to be expected? Isn't that what fans wanted?

The band seem at ease with what they're doing now, and Ed seems to have shaken the mentality that the band's past with Roth is a feature that musn't be referenced because it poses a threat to the future of the group.

I dunno. The feeling I got from seeing them in 2012 is that, despite the problems I had with Roth's live vocal approach, I should just enjoy what it is now rather than lament what I hoped it could have been (a full-bore reunion with Anthony included and an album of new material that gave Fair Warning a run for the money). What they're doing now isn't redefining the wheel, but it's good stuff, and these guys aren't gonna be around forever.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't believe they are way past their prime just that this outing is not Van Halen and that every one of them is to blame from Ed fucking up the band to over commercialism to Roth's ego and inability to see the world does not revolve around him. No wonder Anthony left. A Different Kind Of Turd wasn't made to appease the fans just to get the hardcore ones to shut up for a while. I don't want them to be just another in a series of 80's novelty acts rehashing memorabilia for easy money but sadly that what they've become.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't want them to be just another in a series of 80's novelty acts rehashing memorabilia for easy money but sadly that what they've become.
    That's an odd thing to let bother you. Cheap Trick tours their asses of and puts out music ever other year or so. I like their pacing and the unavoidable nostalgia aspect is not overly obnoxious as they mix their sets up pretty well. Why be bothered by the fact that t-shirts and beer coozys are available?

I'd like VH to arrive at the CT way of doing things, but unfortunately, the wheels move too damn slow. It seemed like Dave was starting to justify the slow movement with the way he began describing more often touring acts as "didn't we just see this band?" types. He knows the juggernaut days of old are long gone. Hey, slow productivity is better than no productivity in my book.

Oh, and the CD is called A Different Kind Of Truth. No turds, just one clunker, and even that's not a bad song, really.

Thread Information