Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617

Thread: Fuck my fucking alcoholic wreck of a father.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    Nope, what's passed is passed.

P.S,

EAT. SHIT.
    Not necessarily. I passed some gas and it hasn't passed. It still smells like shit in here.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well...he fucking did it again.

I don't really remember how the argument started, all I know is that booze was definitely a factor in this because he was at his absolute worst yesterday. At this point, I'm ready to say "fuck school", I'll get a job just to be able to burn by last bridge with the fucker.

What started as a stupid little disagreement turned into him trying to kill me by strangulation and him punching me right square in the jaw, twice. And for a good 20 minutes we get into a huge verbal fight where I call him out on his bullshit and knowing that he can't face the truth, he proceeds to fire back at me calling me every single dirty, disgusting name under the sun. That's when I KNOW that I'm telling the truth, when all he can do is insult me.

However, the fact that he tried to kill me and punched me in the face twice (I'm lucky my jaw is not broken.) is NOT what hurt the most, what hurt the most was after our verbal fight when he admitted something to me that should have been said a long time ago. He said that he never wanted a kid. If I were never born, then his marriage wouldn't have gone to shit.

So, how about that? I find out that for nineteen fucking years, he's been lying to me, my mother, his mother and everyone else in his fucking life if what he said to me was the truth.

I threatened to get a job and to start working my way out of his life, and he responded by telling me that I'm not worth shit, that I'll never be able to hold down a minimum wage job and that I'll never contribute to society in any way and that I should just go commit suicide. Fucking beautiful.

I then told him that he should consider himself lucky that I stayed out of trouble my entire adolescence, I never did drugs, I never drank excessively (like he does), I've never smoked, and I have never been arrested. And you know what he says? "That explains why you're a fucking loser with no social life." Are you fucking kidding me? Besides the fact that since I started college last September, I've been much more socially active than I have been ever in my life, but keeping my nose clean and not doing self-destructive things makes me a fucking loser in his eyes? He's a real piece of shit if he really, truly thinks that way.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Yep...time to get a job and move out.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Post less on here and use your time applying for jobs . Your gonna get shit for your post . Don't engage come back and brag about your job when you get one .

5. 3 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-11-2014),DLR Bridge (04-11-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (04-11-2014)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Yep...time to get a job and move out.
    I agree.

And my mother needs to leave his ass as well. I feel that he'll only start to wake up to himself and realize the damage he's done when that happens. When he completely isolates me and his wife.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

I agree.

And my mother needs to leave his ass as well. I feel that he'll only start to wake up to himself and realize the damage he's done when that happens. When he completely isolates me and his wife.
    Should've called the cops, and had him charged with assault...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

I agree.

That part of it is like dealing with an addict...she's got to want to get out for herself.

9. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-11-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

You can't change an addict FragileCock. They have to want to do it themselves. Your mom is co-dependant, and probably has no idea how to get out of the situation. If she even wants to. Just like you can't make your dad quit drinking, you can't make your mom do what needs to be done either.

I seriously doubt your dad meant the things he said. Doesn't make them hurt any less. Maybe one day he'll realize he has issues, and deal with it in the proper manner.

Don't you have any other family you can stay with? I'd hate to see you give up on your education, but you may have to put it on hold for the time being. You do need to get out of there.

Just don't spend 30 years in college, like Angel.

11. 4 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-11-2014),Nickdfresh (04-12-2014),Seshmeister (04-11-2014),ZahZoo (04-11-2014)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    You can't change an addict FragileCock. They have to want to do it themselves. Your mom is co-dependant, and probably has no idea how to get out of the situation. If she even wants to. Just like you can't make your dad quit drinking, you can't make your mom do what needs to be done either.

I seriously doubt your dad meant the things he said. Doesn't make them hurt any less. Maybe one day he'll realize he has issues, and deal with it in the proper manner.

Don't you have any other family you can stay with? I'd hate to see you give up on your education, but you may have to put it on hold for the time being. You do need to get out of there.

Von...thank you. I totally expected you to come down on the lad...I was elated to find words of wisdom instead.

And shouldn't it be 32 years by now?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Von...thank you. I totally expected you to come down on the lad...I was elated to find words of wisdom instead.
    Had FragileCock prefaced the story with him being pissed off at his dad for interrupting his watching Gilligan's Island, because his dad needed assistance, I'd have been an asshole with my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    And shouldn't it be 32 years by now?
    At least.

14. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-12-2014)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Von, I never expected that you'd actually give me some actual advice. When it comes to her being co-dependent, you're absolutely right. At this time, both my mother and father have high-paying jobs. My mother is white-collar and my father is blue-collar, however I'd be lying if I said that me and my family live like kings. My mother depends on my father's income and my father depends on my mother's income which is probably the only thing that is keeping Mom from finally getting a divorce.

You know something, belting me in the jaw and trying to asphyxiate me to death was like love taps. Telling me that he never wanted me was like a dagger in the fucking heart.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Von, I never expected that you'd actually give me some actual advice.

You know something, belting me in the jaw and trying to asphyxiate me to death was like love taps. Telling me that he never wanted me was like a dagger in the fucking heart.
    Von actually wants to adopt you...

Oh and violence is never an act of love. Never equate it to love or even caring... it's abuse, pure and simple. You should have called the cops and pressed charges. Actually you still can... your old man needs a serious wake up call. There's no excuse or justification for beating on your family... none.

18. 3 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-12-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (04-11-2014),Von Halen (04-12-2014)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Von actually wants to adopt you...

Oh and violence is never an act of love. Never equate it to love or even caring... it's abuse, pure and simple. You should have called the cops and pressed charges. Actually you still can... your old man needs a serious wake up call. There's no excuse or justification for beating on your family... none.
    If I were to do that, when the cops show up he would find a way to twist the story around to make it sound like I was attacking him first. I will admit that I hit him back in self defense, not to hurt him but to just get him the fuck off me.

This man needs a wake up call, he needs an intervention because I know this man. He would have NEVER hit me and he would have NEVER said that shit about me if he was sober. Hell, the argument would have never even TOOK PLACE if he was sober. It was only because of the fucking booze he keeps shoving down his neck. It's not the beer that does it, he literally chugs this cheap-ass scotch from the bottle while my mother isn't looking.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...I could have seen this coming.....

Me and Dad basically kissed and made up. He asks me to do a favor for him and I did it, sort of knowing what was going to happen. He then gets all kissy and huggy and basically tells me how sorry he was for everything. So, in record time we go from hating each other to being friends again which is really fucking weird seeing as how after the air conditioner incident, we didn't speak for almost an entire week.

However...I simply am at a loss of what to do right now. I know that getting a job and eventually moving out is something that I need to do for myself, but I feel like I need to get him to just stop with the fucking drinking.....I want us to never fight again, and that can never be achieved if he continues down this road.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

I know a lawyer who could solve this in Vegas on Tuesday.

Well...I could have seen this coming.....

Me and Dad basically kissed and made up. He asks me to do a favor for him and I did it, sort of knowing what was going to happen. He then gets all kissy and huggy and basically tells me how sorry he was for everything. So, in record time we go from hating each other to being friends again which is really fucking weird seeing as how after the air conditioner incident, we didn't speak for almost an entire week.

However...I simply am at a loss of what to do right now. I know that getting a job and eventually moving out is something that I need to do for myself, but I feel like I need to get him to just stop with the fucking drinking.....I want us to never fight again, and that can never be achieved if he continues down this road.
    Move out.

Let him drink.

Share the air conditioner on weekends.*

Problem Solved.

*The Air Conditioner Incident. See Wikipedia. The Movie or the Original Novel. Just get the fuck out and trust to the trade winds for the rest of your life....you will do your heart good. Or stay the fuck there and poison the rest of your relationships for a hella long time.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-11-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Your family after 18 is optional. Get Optional. Hell get to boystown or a women's shelter....just get the fuck away from dependency. Trust in the fact that you will make it. And being sick yoursel

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

People say stupid shit when they are drunk and angry.

There is a stupid myth about how people speak more truth when they have been drinking. This may be occasionally true in situations where people are too shy to express love but drunken statements made in anger usually you shouldn't take seriously because they are just the verbal equivalent of a drunk guy swinging an idiotic punch.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

There is a stupid myth about how people speak more truth when they have been drinking. .
    This always boils my piss... its a fucking granny story that makes about as much sense as stepping on cracks in the pavement. People who tell you this are usually pissed off you were bladdered and talking shite .... in my experience

24. 2 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-12-2014),Seshmeister (04-11-2014)

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You do remember Ambition right? It is right next to Ambien in the Urban Dictionary.*

For the people in my area.... Humboldt was enjoying beautiful sunshine.....

http://news.yahoo.com/dreams-dashed-...6826.html?vp=1
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-11-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: * God some recognition from K on this one...gees.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

There is a stupid myth about how people speak more truth when they have been drinking. This may be occasionally true in situations where people are too shy to express love but drunken statements made in anger usually you shouldn't take seriously because they are just the verbal equivalent of a drunk guy swinging an idiotic punch.
    Except in the case of verbal abuse, the idiotic punch connects...

I feel like I need to get him to just stop with the fucking drinking.....
    You can't. Put the energy into improving your own circumstances. Learn to control your responses and try not to engage (it's hard, I know).

27. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (04-12-2014)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Couple things you can do...

Keep an eye out for when dad is totally sober and in decent spirits... You don't need to have an indepth discussion but just approach him and ask if you can have a brief conversation on something important. If he's game... Just say "Dad, I love you. A lot of the problems in this household are directly tied to your drinking. Can you please give some thought and consideration to giving it up? It would help all of us to get along better. Please give it some thought." That's it.

The other thing you can do... immerse yourself in your studies. While doing so... study abroad... the library, school campus, local park... just anywhere away from home. Also see if you can find a part time job... Yeah, Yeah it's tough doing school and work... But Hey you are young. This is a time you can afford to burn the candle at both ends. But the main point is... get out of your parents house as much as possible and focus your efforts and time on building your next phase. When you are at home... be helpful. Prepare a meal... clean up a little... be cordial. Then be scarce.

You'll end up separated from a lot of angst in the home... busy with your life and less a target for the old man if he's on a bender.

29. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-12-2014)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Had FragileCock prefaced the story with him being pissed off at his dad for interrupting his watching Gilligan's Island, because his dad needed assistance, I'd have been an asshole with my response.

At least.
    My dad once interrupted me while I was spanking it to Mary Ann!

31. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (04-13-2014)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

Von, I never expected that you'd actually give me some actual advice. When it comes to her being co-dependent, you're absolutely right. At this time, both my mother and father have high-paying jobs. My mother is white-collar and my father is blue-collar, however I'd be lying if I said that me and my family live like kings. My mother depends on my father's income and my father depends on my mother's income which is probably the only thing that is keeping Mom from finally getting a divorce.

At the very least, if you stay there and continue with school, get a decent part time job that keeps you out of there and away from him. As I said before, where you live, waiting tables, bussing, bar-backing-to-bartending are all pretty high paying options and would keep you busy at night and allow you to meet others. You don't want to interrupt your studies, but it sounds like that's happening anyways...

Maybe you could find some roommates that way that would allow you to get out...

33. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-12-2014)

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Like Zahzoo said, don't you ever make the fucking mistake of equating violence with love. Far too many people do that shit, & in my opinion that is what creates the feeling of dependency towards the abuser.

I once overheard two old women talking & this is what I heard:

Old #1: Why? Does he hit her?
    Old #2: If only he did! No, he doesn't care about her.

How fucked up is that? I swear, I really heard this. It chilled me to the bone.

Gather up your balls in one hand, open the door with the other & never look back. It's only hard for the first few months. If you're semi-competent, your need will force you to find a way to set up a life for yourself. When you settle in, it will all be much easier - after a while, you won't even think about the bullshit anymore.

You can't save your mother, but you can save yourself. Do it.

By the way, if you DO want to try to save your mother, the only way you'll even have a remote chance of doing so, is giving her a place to get away from your father, so you'll have to set up your own place first, anyway.

This is it, boy. You got noone else to help you & noone you can trust - you'll have to figure it all by yourself. I don't envy you one bit, but you gotta do it.

Good luck.

Cheers!

35. 2 users say thank you to Anonymous for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-13-2014),ZahZoo (04-13-2014)

Thread Information