Page 1 of 17 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck my fucking alcoholic wreck of a father.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck my fucking alcoholic wreck of a father.

I will never speak to the fucker again. I honestly don't give a fuck if he was the one that introduced me to my favorite bands, what he did to me last night was un-fucking called for.

Yesterday, right when I was watching The Legend Of Korra (my new favorite show) my dad bursts into my room, tells me to shut the TV off right in the middle of a good part, not even during a commercial break, right smack in the middle of a good part. So I ask him "Why" in which he proceeds to give me a hard time, but he finally tells me that he wants to take the air conditioner out of my room.

Really? He had to pick NOW? Why couldn't he have done it in the afternoon when I could actually help him? He loves scotch and I already knew he was fucking ossified. So I storm out my room in anger because I'm missing my TV show, and also to give him some space. The fucker has the nerve to tell me "You know what? Fuck you, Francesco! You're a worthless peice of shit!"

I hit the roof. I hit the god-damned motherfucking roof when he said that, the fact that he kicked me out of my room in the middle of my TV show, It pissed me off, but I could forgive that. The fact that he called me a peice of shit was a whole another fucking ball game. So I screamed "FUCK YOU!" And soon I yelled that, he came charging twoard's me like a fucking deranged gorilla, backed me in a corner and began to fucking strangle me.

Now, lets get one thing straight, I may seem like an emotional pushover, but I can be one tough motherfucker when I want to be. I wasn't going to let him get any real hits in, So I stood my ground put up a fight. Even though he was pulling the shit out of my hair, I fought back and remained standing. It got so bad, our fighting, that my mother had to come in and break it up. That was last night and the two of us are still not talking.

The problem with my dad is that he is a fucking alcoholic with a short fuse (probably where I get it from) And before he started taking Zoloft, he used to punch walls, throw shit, and get into the WORST verbal fights with my mother. He never laid a hand on her, mind you. But he did lay a hand on me. Today was actually a rarity where he was an angry drunk, usually he's the kind of drunk that conks out from the alcohol on the couch and that's it for the night. Mom and Dad's marriage has hit an absolute low point and definitley forsee a possible divorce in the future.

I don't know how long this silent treatement will go on for. All I know is that I will never say anything to him anymore. He feels the same way too, except for a few hours ago, when he refused to give me gas money so I can go to my Sunday class he said "You want gas money, talk to your mother. By the way, I just want to let you know that you are a loser and you deserved everything that happened to you last night." Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha FUCK YOU!

Honestly, my mother is my fucking savior. She is one hell of a woman and despite the fact that sometimes we fight, I will always love and respect her.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked fraroc for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (10-01-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 Times in 6,057 Posts

If you change your mind and want this post removed report it and one of us will.

Take care...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Fuck that worthless piece of shit.

I am with you Fraroc.

Here is the thing:

Once you are in a position to move out, THEN you can ignore him for the rest of your days if you want.

I hate to see such things happen. I had my rebellious era with my Dad, but he did not drink that much, and when he did, I had no idea if he was drunk. You could not really tell when he was ripped.

In my case though, he was always there for me when I needed help. And as the standard wisdom goes, now that he is gone, I would give anything to have him around.

I hope things work out for ya man.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-28-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Awwww, Styx boy has daddy issues.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Awwww, Styx boy has daddy issues.

7. Thanked fraroc for this KICKASS post:

sadaist (09-28-2013)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Fuck that worthless piece of shit.

I am with you Fraroc.

Here is the thing:

Once you are in a position to move out, THEN you can ignore him for the rest of your days if you want.

I hate to see such things happen. I had my rebellious era with my Dad, but he did not drink that much, and when he did, I had no idea if he was drunk. You could not really tell when he was ripped.

In my case though, he was always there for me when I needed help. And as the standard wisdom goes, now that he is gone, I would give anything to have him around.

I hope things work out for ya man.

I agree with HR Fraroc. Stay strong and try to avoid conflict right now for everyones sake.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

And I thought I had it bad. My dad is always trying to clean out his garage by dumping scrap metal into MY garage.

Anyone need an empty beer keg?

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    And I thought I had it bad. My dad is always trying to clean out his garage by dumping scrap metal into MY garage.

That might be a fun item to clean up, maybe VanHalenize it with some paint, poke through a hole where the tap goes, and keep spare change in it.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    A friend of mine is making bar stools out of beer kegs. I'll let you know.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Friend...take a deep breath. The only thing that will get you through this is a very small dose of common sense.

Look, there are complete assholes you are going to face every single day, for the rest of your life. And yeah, it only gets even more wonderful when you just so happen to be related to 'em. Although this may sound casual and somewhat indifferent, fuck 'em. Whatever they say, whatever they do, can not and ultimately MUST not take away from yer own sense of personal esteem.

No, I am not saying you must stand there and take it like a pansy, on the other hand, I am saying you must stand there in total defiance, albeit silently. Save your money, and plan your exit. Let the bluster and bullshit happen, as there is no way in hell you can stop it. Any attempts otherwise simply lead to heartache and headaches.

Bide your time, then one evening (having planned in advance), pack up all you need and bail. Realistically, the first two or three options you pick out are going to suck and not work out in the least. That in and of itself is OK, trust me. The situations will help you define pretty much what you are looking for towards a piece of mind, comfort-wise. Eventually, you'll grasp a point of what is essential toward your own attitude of self-worth, let alone survival.

Anger is a good thing, but patience is fucking cool, as well. Figure out how to moderate both of 'em. Anything else is failure on your part, and allows the bastard(s) to win.

Keep a clean head, and if needed, keep in touch. I'm more than willing to give you as much shit as humanly possible about yer opinions of a dumb as a box of hammers rock band, yet I equally will stand by you if ya need help.

chef

13. 4 users say thank you to chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Angel (09-29-2013),Hardrock69 (09-30-2013),PETE'S BROTHER (09-30-2013),vandeleur (09-29-2013)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    That might be a fun item to clean up, maybe VanHalenize it with some paint, poke through a hole where the tap goes, and keep spare change in it.
    I already have a 5 gallon water bottle for coins.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Keep a clean head, and if needed, keep in touch. I'm more than willing to give you as much shit as humanly possible about yer opinions of a dumb as a box of hammers rock band, yet I equally will stand by you if ya need help.

chef

Only at the Roth Army can you meet & forge kinships like this.

And Fraroc, keep in mind a lot of the guys here are probably the same age as your father and have had their time being drunk & being assholes. So they can offer that unique perspective to you of how to approach this where you have the best chance of getting through this with a positive result. (or the least negative result as the case may be)

16. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

binnie (10-01-2013)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

Anger is a good thing, but patience is fucking cool, as well. Figure out how to moderate both of 'em. Anything else is failure on your part, and allows the bastard(s) to win.
    Teaching codependency is not "cool" Chef.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Teaching codependency is not "cool" Chef.
    Codependency requires the efforts of two people, Kris. Emotional balance is up to the endeavor of the individual.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ugh.....Dad is so fucking delusional. Today he's trying to talk to me like nothing fucking happened on Friday and not only that, he's fucking bribing me with shit. I mean, out of nowhere after I got home from school he asks me "Do you want a slurpee?" (I live near 7-11) And all I gotta say is, are you fucking KIDDING?! You fucking called me a peice of shit, strangled me, punched me in the chest, and pulled my hair and now you want to fucking get me a slurpee?

I should have told him to go shove a slurpee up his ass, but I didn't want to start another argument.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 2,004 Posts

Blog Entries
    fraroc... says here you're 20 years old.

Get a fuckin job.

Move out. Support yourself and you won't have to deal with drunk Daddy and can sit in your room watching TV to your heart's content.

At your age isn't it about time... grow up and quit crying about life's challenges. Go make your own!!!

21. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (10-04-2013)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mind if I ask how old you are?

Chefcraig's advice was very sound. Plan your exit.

I ran away from home 3 times before I was 17. Made it to the Bay Area twice (from Kansas), and to Phoenix once.

My Dad calmed down a bit after that. Especially the first time when I was 13. Of course it scared the hell out of both of them. They woke up one morning, and I was gone. They did not know where I was or what happened to me for a week the first time. It was a month before they knew where I was the second time.

Yes, it was due to my Dad, but there was no physical abuse involved, nor was alcohol a factor.

So yes, just suck it up, save your coins, and when you can afford to move out, do so. One thing CC said was right....the first few places that you call your own may suck....you will have to learn all the finer points of existing on your own. But don't let it get to ya.

Cheers

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

Yeah, you ungrateful punk. It's not even your room, it's your Dad's. He owns it. Probably not your tv either. Gas money? Are you fucking kidding me? Sounds like you need to get a job too. You're probably the reason he drinks!

24. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (10-27-2013)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    fraroc... says here you're 20 years old.

Get a fuckin job.

Move out. Support yourself and you won't have to deal with drunk Daddy and can sit in your room watching TV to your heart's content.

At your age isn't it about time... grow up and quit crying about life's challenges. Go make your own!!!
    Fuck you! All I really want to do is make this man realize that he has a fucking problem and that it's tearing our family apart.

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    Ugh.....Dad is so fucking delusional. Today he's trying to talk to me like nothing fucking happened on Friday and not only that, he's fucking bribing me with shit. I mean, out of nowhere after I got home from school he asks me "Do you want a slurpee?" (I live near 7-11) And all I gotta say is, are you fucking KIDDING?! You fucking called me a peice of shit, strangled me, punched me in the chest, and pulled my hair and now you want to fucking get me a slurpee?

I should have told him to go shove a slurpee up his ass, but I didn't want to start another argument.
    Reminds me of my dad, back in the day. We'd argue about something, start yelling at each other, I'd get out of the house for a couple of hours, come back... And everything was back to "normal", until the next petty argument.
    No drinking involved, he just had some unresolved issues from divorcing my mom.

Just stay frosty, go about your daily routine and move out ASAP.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Yeah, you ungrateful punk. It's not even your room, it's your Dad's. He owns it. Probably not your tv either. Gas money? Are you fucking kidding me? Sounds like you need to get a job too. You're probably the reason he drinks!
    You don't fucking know me, I AM grateful for all the nice things that my parents do for me and I am grateful for my father, when he's FUCKING SOBER which believe me, is becoming less and less these days. The man has serious issues which he won't admit to and I hate the fact that he's like this. As I said in my original post my parent's marriage is hitting an absolute low and I just know that something is going to happen, either this time he actually becomes sober or it's going to get to the point when my mother is going to file for a divorce.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    Fuck you! All I really want to do is make this man realize that he has a fucking problem and that it's tearing our family apart.
    Well the best you can do is sit him down, sober, and share your feelings towards him in as honest and diplomatic way you possibly can.

From there it's up to him.

It's not your responsibility to raise him... He raised you now go grow up and start living as an adult.

Seriously though. You need to be working with a goal of living on your own short term. That's not just some crap I'm giving on the net. I'm speaking as a dad who has 3 kids in their 20's... My 26 yr old daughter lives on her own is married with 4 kids. My 23 yr old son owns his own home, married and been on his own since he turned 19. My 22 yr old son lives on his own and is a senior in college who graduates next summer with an engineering degree.

They all worked damn hard to get where they are. I helped a lot during college but only covered about 30% of their costs. The rest was all on them with grants and scholarships. Both my boys... just working hard and little free rides.

It's time for you to show your old man that you can be the good man he tried to raise you as.

29. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Never was (09-30-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

He's a spoiled brat Zah. I'd fucking drink too, if I were his Dad.

My 30 year old is an ER Doctor. He did his whole undergrad on scholarship (academic) and then paid for most of the rest on his own. Like Zah, I paid 30%, maybe less. He started reffing hockey games before he was a teenager. He did that, had a job at the hospital, and a job with the Sheriffs dept. all the way through medical school. Oh, and owned his own home at 21 too. My 14 year old is starting his 4th year of reffing hockey games. He will do the same stuff, through law school.

I'm sorry your Dad inconvenienced you while you were watching your tv show. WTF? He didn't buy your lazy ass a dvr too? Maybe he's frustrated with your entitled attitude. I'll be fucked if I gave, or will give, my 20 year old gas money. My first one bought his own car at 16, and paid for his own gas. The 14 year old will do the same when he turns 16.

Sniveling because Daddy interrupted your fucking tv show. By the way, you can get Barney on DVD, if you happen to miss another episode.

31. 4 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (10-03-2013),DlocRoth (10-01-2013),Kristy (09-30-2013),lesfunk (10-27-2013)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

My son had a father like yours, possibly worse...so he got himself emancipated at 16 and graduated from the school of hard knocks. Created his own career path and now operates his own business and is getting married next year.

If you don't like your life...change it.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Von's right. This little shit lives in a house of dysfunction but so what? The whole family sounds addicted, fucked up and codependent about or over something. And I highly doubt this little shit has a job. Is he going to "hit the roof" when a boss or supervisor asks his sorry ass to do something?

34. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (10-27-2013)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh, and you can shut the fuck up abut your fucking kids, Von. They sound like douchebags.

36. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (10-27-2013)

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Oh, and you can shut the fuck up abut your fucking kids, Von. They sound like douchebags.

Kristy is like Lucy in Peanuts..ya just know she's gonna hold that ball for you and then....

38. 2 users say thank you to Fairwrning for this KICKASS post:

Angel (09-30-2013),Nickdfresh (09-30-2013)

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I only posted cause Kristy wondered into the BB thread...carry on...

Dude, move out..seriously..maybe pops gets the hint and straightens up..

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post

Kristy is like Lucy in Peanuts..ya just know she's gonna hold that ball for you and then....
    Fuck Lucy. Lucy is F A T and a Catholic.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

Sniveling because Daddy interrupted your fucking tv show. By the way, you can get Barney on DVD, if you happen to miss another episode.
    I'm not getting into the middle of this, but the Barney thing is made me spit water on my 'puter screen.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

fraroc, I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything. But do you have a job? some sort of education thing going on? Maybe you need to be there less, even if I'm not necessarily saying "move out". Maybe get more of a life of your own that doesn't involve sitting around watching TV or obsessing over your father's drinking. I think things would sort of take care of themselves if you focused more on improving your situation rather than trying to control what your father does...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-30-2013 at 07:10 PM.

43. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (10-01-2013)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And dude, what's your obsessing with baiting posters you've never met? The whole gunt thing is pretty old at this point...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's a spoiled brat Zah. I'd fucking drink too, if I were his Dad.

My 30 year old is an ER Doctor. He did his whole undergrad on scholarship (academic) and then paid for most of the rest on his own. Like Zah, I paid 30%, maybe less. He started reffing hockey games before he was a teenager. He did that, had a job at the hospital, and a job with the Sheriffs dept. all the way through medical school. Oh, and owned his own home at 21 too. My 14 year old is starting his 4th year of reffing hockey games. He will do the same stuff, through law school.

I'm sorry your Dad onconvenienced you while you were watching your tv show. WTF? He didn't buy your lazy ass a dvr too? Maybe he's frustrated with your entitled attitude. I'll be fucked if I gave, or will give, my 20 year old gas money. My first one bought his own car at 16, and paid for his own gas. The 14 year old will do the same when he turns 16.

I will not be made the fucking enemy here, Von. This issue is NOT about me. This is about my family. Trust me asshole, I would be MORE than happy to get a part time job, but unfortunately due to the fact that my school schedule is all over the place, it's not in the cards right now. I'd love to but I'm stuck until the semester is over.

Once again, stop pretending you know me.

And Krusty, you can go fuck yourself.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

If your dad is that big of a dick then cut the apron strings and move out. You can remedy this situation today. Surely you have some friends, a chick or a buddy you could stay with. Of course, you'd have to cut back on the murderous outbursts you're prone to lol!!

Seriously, go stay with your girlfriend until you can get a deposit together. Or get a buddy to room with you. Just be sure and don't have any sharp knives in the apartment

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-24-2015 @ 06:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Fraroc, I think you should have taken Sesh up on his offer!

48. 5 users say thank you to Northern Girl for this KICKASS post:

Angel (09-30-2013),binnie (10-01-2013),DavidLeeNatra (10-03-2013),envy_me (09-30-2013),Never was (09-30-2013)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Man.

Von?

If you have no compassion at all for someone who is in a difficult spot, then you don't deserve my respect.

It was bad enough allowing all the trolls free reign.

I have no desire to hang out here any longer.

50. 2 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

fraroc (09-30-2013),Kristy (09-30-2013)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Girl View Post
    Fraroc, I think you should have taken Sesh up on his offer!
    Yeah... the bad guys showed up and gave him good life advice...

52. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (09-30-2013)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

ZZ, are you over here dispensing questionable advice again?

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2013 @ 05:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I thought this thread was a bad idea from the start.

Fraroc, maybe a divorce is better for your mom then staying in a bad relationship.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At least YOU gave me decent advice and I DO plan to take it.

All Velvet Von Asshole did was insinuate that I am the cause of my fathers alcoholism and that I am the reason why my mother and fathers marriage is going down the fucking toilet.

Thread Information