Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Fuck my fucking alcoholic wreck of a father.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Genius. Pure genius.
    I think Kristy should be the professional writer. LOL!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    I used to fly fish with a guy who was a writer. His dad wrote a few novels. He did ok. Some might recognize the name.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Yeah I've heard of that guy.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (11-08-2013),Nickdfresh (10-01-2013)

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    I will never speak to the fucker again.

Honestly, my mother is my fucking savior. She is one hell of a woman and despite the fact that sometimes we fight, I will always love and respect her.
    Communication is key....even though drugs seem to rule.....remember that you and your dad and mom do not need them to communicate. So even drug fueled...there are moments when you can talk. The anger is not forever................

Last edited by SunisinuS; 10-01-2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Soon enough death takes us all. So why sweat it? Be kewl...back away...and think. A bully only needs you close...

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Find what you're good at. It helps if you love it, and would do it for free. Then do that.

I have sorted mail, made hamburgers, and been cheap labor for tilers and painters... Among a myriad of other jobs. Get out there man!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    Find what you're good at. It helps if you love it, and would do it for free. Then do that.
    I don't mind what I do, but there is no way in hell I'd do it for free. I ain't runnin' no fuckin' charity here.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 2,004 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Still living in that dreamworld believing that prosperity exist in America eh, Zah?
    Yes, not just believing or dreaming. Really living in it.

I do alright myself... plus got a 23 yr old making over $120K a year. Got a 22 yr old making over $50k in an internship that will convert to 6 figures when he graduates.

We're not miserable fucks sitting around getting high and whining about how the dream is gone. Prosperity is there for the taking if you want to get off your ass and work hard for it.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Sounds like college is within your grasp. That's an opportunity handed to you. If you have the will there is a way. Face it. There are plenty of young folks out there who only desire to have the opportunity to go to college but their situation is more fucked up than yours. This is your chance!
    This^

I'm not so sure being a "novelist" is exactly where you'll land in life when you finish school, but it's good that you have a sense of direction. Get your ass to the city when your done schooling and take a shit job with Simon & Schuster, Doubleday/Random House or even Scholastic. Immerse yourself in the business of books and book making, especially now that the industry is going through the growing pains of shifting away from printed page to digital sources. Develop constructive leads, speak with the right people and work your ass off. While doing so, continuously write while you develop your master plan of shifting from workforce to writer. There's no doubt in my mind that this the way to go. It's all a matter of 'how bad do you want it?' at this point.

As for the troubles at home, keep calm, support your Mom and try to find a constructive way to alert your Dad, while he's sober of course, that he has a family destroying problem that he needs to get under control. Don't take this the wrong way but, in the modern era of the DVR that we live in, helping Pops with the window unit should have been a no brainer, but hey, it's over and done with. Always think before you act or open your mouth. I wish I could go back and give my 20 year old self that advice, but I can't. So I'm giving it to you. Hang in there.
    Last edited by DLR Bridge; 10-01-2013 at 09:05 AM.

10. 2 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Never was (10-01-2013),PETE'S BROTHER (10-01-2013)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Shit the kid needs to go to North Dakota. It's busting with oil money and people got money for the clean hoes. If some oil money, a North Dakota bar brawl, and clean hoes don't grow some hair on your chest, I don't know what will.
    Hey... my water still puts out fires. Plus I get monthly royalty checks from the big oil companies... their money spends just fine!!

My boy did 9 months up in North Dakota 2 years ago. Started as a welders apprentice. A month later he was smart and moved into a heavy equipment operator job and spent 12-15 hours a day in a climate controlled cab. While laborers were pulling 15 minute rotating shifts in below zero weather.

A buddy of mine was retired from IT work but had his CDL from driving the church bus... He went up to ND and is earning over $120K driving truck up there.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Big money up in ND but I hear housing isn't cheap. Even the guys who have campers/RV's are getting gouged, and the Wal-Marts up there aren't letting people camp out in their parking lots.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I can only imagine if fucking CuntFlapps wasn't banned....the shit I'd be getting right now....

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Get a student job while in school. And don't give me this shit about schedules. I attend University full time, and I work. There are plenty of shit jobs out there that will work around your school schedule, no matter how crazy it is.

And get a degree that will actually get you a decent job. You don't need a degree to write...you can write your novel in your spare time, once you have some.

15. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (10-01-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Get a student job while in school. And don't give me this shit about schedules. I attend University full time, and I work. There are plenty of shit jobs out there that will work around your school schedule, no matter how crazy it is.

And get a degree that will actually get you a decent job. You don't need a degree to write...you can write your novel in your spare time, once you have some.
    Oh, spare time doesn't seem to be an issue. He just spends it watching tv, instead of doing something constructive. The best way he can deal with his Dad right now, is not to be there. Get off his ass, go to school AND work. Earn some money, and some respect from his Dad.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I agree that you should at least get a part time job of some sort to get additional time away from home and to throw 20 bucks a week to your Dad. It isn't a lot of money but it will mean something to him. Maybe you are already busting ass around the house to try and earn your keep there; if that is the case and your dad is still verbally abusive due to drinking then you will just have to bide your time until you can move out. If you aren't helping your dad out around the house, try and make more of an effort to the point where you are going to him and asking him if there is anything you can do. That would probably surprise the hell out of him.
    I get that things aren't good right now and fences are hard to mend when you have blow ups like this. Remember - blood is blood. Your folks have taken care of you for a lot of years now. They will need you to take care of them one day. Don't make any mistakes now that you will regret later when it is too late to take them back.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    He's a spoiled brat Zah. I'd fucking drink too, if I were his Dad.

My 30 year old is an ER Doctor. He did his whole undergrad on scholarship (academic) and then paid for most of the rest on his own. Like Zah, I paid 30%, maybe less. He started reffing hockey games before he was a teenager. He did that, had a job at the hospital, and a job with the Sheriffs dept. all the way through medical school. Oh, and owned his own home at 21 too. My 14 year old is starting his 4th year of reffing hockey games. He will do the same stuff, through law school.

I'm sorry your Dad inconvenienced you while you were watching your tv show. WTF? He didn't buy your lazy ass a dvr too? Maybe he's frustrated with your entitled attitude. I'll be fucked if I gave, or will give, my 20 year old gas money. My first one bought his own car at 16, and paid for his own gas. The 14 year old will do the same when he turns 16.

Sniveling because Daddy interrupted your fucking tv show. By the way, you can get Barney on DVD, if you happen to miss another episode.
    Hahahahahahahahaha...

That made my day !!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Prosperity is there for the taking if you want to get off your ass and work hard for it.
    In pockets it is...

But that will be dried up real soon, I'm afraid...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I'm not so sure being a "novelist" is exactly where you'll land in life when you finish school, but it's good that you have a sense of direction. Get your ass to the city when your done schooling and take a shit job with Simon & Schuster, Doubleday/Random House or even Scholastic. Immerse yourself in the business of books and book making, especially now that the industry is going through the growing pains of shifting away from printed page to digital sources. Develop constructive leads, speak with the right people and work your ass off. While doing so, continuously write while you develop your master plan of shifting from workforce to writer. There's no doubt in my mind that this the way to go. It's all a matter of 'how bad do you want it?' at this point.
    The daily rag runs articles about books written by local people "on the side" while they work their boring everyday job. Used to be the vanity press, now one could probably get their original works on Amazon or iTunes for close to nothing.

Wanna write? Start a blog and write your little fingers off. Who knows who will stumble upon it.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh, spare time doesn't seem to be an issue. He just spends it watching tv, instead of doing something constructive. The best way he can deal with his Dad right now, is not to be there. Get off his ass, go to school AND work. Earn some money, and some respect from his Dad.
    There you go making fucking dumbass assumptions about my life. Listen here you fucking cunt, except for that one show I for the most part fucking hate TV. Angel is right, every time I have spare time, I fucking write. Its MY constructive outlet. So don't you fucking EVER give me any of your "you can never make sonething out of your life" shit.

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2013 @ 05:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

So don't you fucking EVER give me any of your "you can never make sonething out of your life" shit.

If you write that much, how come you can't read?
    He never wrote that, nobody did. Everybody is telling you that you actually can make something out of your life and that you should be doing that.

23. 6 users say thank you to envy_me for this KICKASS post:

Angel (10-01-2013),DLR Bridge (10-01-2013),Nickdfresh (10-01-2013),VetteLS5 (10-01-2013),Von Halen (10-01-2013),ZahZoo (10-01-2013)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    The daily rag runs articles about books written by local people "on the side" while they work their boring everyday job. Used to be the vanity press, now one could probably get their original works on Amazon or iTunes for close to nothing.

Wanna write? Start a blog and write your little fingers off. Who knows who will stumble upon it.
    I still say finishing school and working a job in a closely related field that could surley lead to something is better than toiling away your time as a Walmart cashier telling disgruntled customers, "I don't have to take any shit from you! I'm an aspiring novelist!"

25. 2 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Angel (10-01-2013),Nickdfresh (10-01-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 Times in 6,057 Posts

Angel is right, every time I have spare time, I fucking write. Its MY constructive outlet. So don't you fucking EVER give me any of your "you can never make sonething out of your life" shit.
    Could do better.

Angel is correct. Every fucking time I have spare time, I write. It's MY constructive outlet so don't EVER fucking give me any of your 'you can never make something out of your life' shit.

27. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

binnie (10-01-2013),Nickdfresh (10-01-2013)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Could do better.

Angel is correct. Every fucking time I have spare time, I write. It's MY constructive outlet so don't EVER fucking give me any of your 'you can never make something out of your life' shit.
    Haha.

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And fraroc, when you get a job, you have to learn to control your anger. An empolyer won't tolerate it if you threaten to slit customers throats just cause they tell you you didn't do their burger right.
    Maybe you should get some counseling about your anger issues.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Could do better.

I was typing on my phone, sesh.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

There you go making fucking dumbass assumptions about my life. Listen here you fucking cunt, except for that one show I for the most part fucking hate TV. Angel is right, every time I have spare time, I fucking write. Its MY constructive outlet. So don't you fucking EVER give me any of your "you can never make sonething out of your life" shit.

Whoa Fraroc, dude.....eat a Snickers.

People are just saying their thoughts based on what they have experienced & have seen to work in and around their lives. Your trick here is to take all the info everyone gives you, weed out what won't work for you & apply what will. We ALL want you to come through the other side strong and happy with a great life so in 15-20 years we can do some Roth Army hazing to little Fraroc junior and his strange musical tastes he got from HIS dad....

O_o

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was typing on my phone, sesh.
    That your father pays for, every month.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Carry on..

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    An employer won't tolerate it if you threaten to slit customers throats just cause they tell you you didn't do their burger right.

Christ already. It was only the 1 time and that fucking burger was ice cold with hard cheese.

34. 2 users say thank you to sadaist for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (10-01-2013),envy_me (10-01-2013)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    And fraroc, when you get a job, you have to learn to control your anger. An empolyer won't tolerate it if you threaten to slit customers throats just cause they tell you you didn't do their burger right.
    Maybe you should get some counseling about your anger issues.
    Do you really think I'm like that in real life to other people? In high school I had to deal with fucking bitch-ass teachers who would yell at the class for no reason, and trust me, on more than one occasion I wanted to tell them off, but I showed restraint.

Letting things off my chest here is a lot better than having absolutley no control over my anger and lashing out at people in real life, isn't it?

36. Thanked fraroc for this KICKASS post:

sadaist (10-01-2013)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Do you really think I'm like that in real life to other people? In high school I had to deal with fucking bitch-ass teachers who would yell at the class for no reason, and trust me, on more than one occasion I wanted to tell them off, but I showed restraint.

Letting things off my chest here is a lot better than having absolutley no control over my anger and lashing out at people in real life, isn't it?
    wigwams and teepees

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yes... good place to vent here.

But be careful... for some people this is the only real life they can drum up here...

40. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Angel (10-01-2013)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Whoa Fraroc, dude.....eat a Snickers.

People are just saying their thoughts based on what they have experienced & have seen to work in and around their lives. Your trick here is to take all the info everyone gives you, weed out what won't work for you & apply what will. We ALL want you to come through the other side strong and happy with a great life so in 15-20 years we can do some Roth Army hazing to little Fraroc junior and his strange musical tastes he got from HIS dad....

O_o
    Apparently, he won't work. He doesn't have time. He is too busy "writing".

Maybe you should write your Dad a letter.

Get off your lazy ass, and help your Dad out. I don't care if it is in the middle of your stupid fucking tv show. It's not like you can't see a repeat of it online, or on demand. Be careful what you wish for. That's your Dad, and you can never get another one. On March 29th, 2011, my boys' Mom passed away unexpectedly in her sleep. They'd both give anything to have her back. Faults and all.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Now that I think about it. I want to get high with Von and Zah. But fuck, you know, too bad they are "responsible parents."

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Now that I think about it. I want to get high with Von and Zah. But fuck, you know, too bad they are "responsible parents."
    Au contraire Kristy. Debauchery is my middle name. You know, "Do as I say, not as I do"!

Zah! Kristy wants to have a threesome with us two old fucks!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

She must be into dust farts!

45. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (10-01-2013),ZahZoo (10-01-2013)

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You guys need to get frarocs dad on that. Sounds like he could use a joint.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Au contraire Kristy. Debauchery is my middle name. You know, "Do as I say, not as I do"!

Zah! Kristy wants to have a threesome with us two old fucks!
    I wouldn't mind trying some of that "legal" weed... I've heard it's better than the contraband stuff.

I don't know if she'd have the stamina to keep up with us Von... Plus it would ruin her for ever wanting to have a regular man again...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    She must be into dust farts!
    Hey don't you have a broken down Jeep to repair..?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Hahahah! ZZ is breaking out the Viagra right now!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Hey don't you have a broken down Jeep to repair..?
    I got two broken down Jeeps to repair, fuck you very much. I've been suffering, driving my SRT every day. I can make it home from work in seven minutes!

Thread Information