X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DaveSUCKSLive
    Ed must still be in his delusional state if he thinks his current singer was in shape to go on the 2012 tour.

now do the 5150 walk outta here.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Think this is the one Von is referring to:

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
        Meh...I bought it and still do. He didn't need any money in 2004....and I doubt he needs it now.

I believe he saw Ed's condition, thought that he was probably on the road to death, and so he willingly took a big bite of a shit sandwich just to do it one last time.

MA would never publicly announce that Ed was a fucked up, wasted, ticking time bomb. That's never been his style.....ever.
        If Mike just did it for the money he would be an asshole to the fans. I've met two members of Van Halen. One being Alex Van Halen who was nice enough but he was avoiding people and you could tell he really didn't like mingling. The other was Mike. Mike loved to hang around and talk. No attitude, he was like a good buddy hanging around shooting the shit. That's Michael Anthony. He really does like the fans. Alex wanted to grab his food and dash back to the band's dressing rooms.

Also during a Van Halen show the party is over on Mike's side of the stage. It's like come on over and have a drink! If you even think about going over to Ed's side of the stage his people will say "get the hell out of here!" It's like a sacred temple full of stuff you plebians are not worthy of or there is some secret recipe they are gaurding. You will never see the road crew over at Ed's. They are over at Mike's. That pretty much sums up what Mike is all about.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-31-2013, 03:25 PM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

Fuck these guys.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Well, I still won't check the hot sauce nor Chickenpoo, but MA obviously sounds like "good pasta", as the French say.

He keeps turning his head to listen to the interviewer with his right ear, the left one surely being kind of deaf with CVH's loudness on stage.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
              Now instead of two Van Halens it's three Van Halens
              So it's basically Van Hanson?

Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                It's not a "need" of more money, but a want. Why wouldn't he do it? He got paid. I agree with Sesh to an extent, but I believe he did it for the fans and the money.

Actually, Mike said just this week on Stern, that Ed was a fucked up, wasted, ticking time bomb. Maybe not in those exact words, but he and Clichegar both reiterated just how bad off Ed was at that time. Neither of them did it in a vicious way, but an honest way. That was a scary time for Edward Van Halen. He could have easily ended up like any one of the other dead rock stars.
                I hear ya Von. I should have clarified and said that MA would not have done it at the time. He certainly is no stranger to making his feelings known after the fact....but he wouldn't have sabotaged the tour by speaking out before or during.

Of course, that draws his motives back into question. Did he keep quiet at the time for the money? Or for the fans? I think it leans more towards the fans.
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

He clarifies a bit in the forward he (shouldn't have) wrote for Sam's trash novel of a life story.

Comment

• Heater
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                    Oh look.... Bleater/Santa's Douche has a new alias......
                    Nope. I'm still using this one.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Heater
                      Nope. I'm still using this one.
                      Guess it's just a coincidence that you hadn't jumped into this thread until now.

Y'know...when you stopped in to check and see if anyone called you out on your alias.....

Comment

• Heater
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Nov 2010

Yeah, that must be it. Or, just MAYBE, I saw that witty FRauD refer to me and I was compelled to reply.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

naahhhhh
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just keep banging your head against the wall, Bleater.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Heater
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                              Just keep banging your head against the wall, Bleater.......

Shouldnt you be starting a thread about how many times you've been to LAX?

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, I don't think I've ever been "TO" LAX. Though I have been through there a few times on the way to Tucson... just long enough to get off one plane and on another.

And making jokes about a violent shooting, that's low.... even for a sheep like you.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...