• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    $150k was the estimate, they only got $60k.

I guess Eddie pimping his stuff for all these years and all the various replicas hit the value. I guess the collector is going to think whats to stop him digging another one out next year from his stash?
    I think that coupled with no guarantee other than their word that it was used for shows and the 1984 sessions. I don't believe it was used at all on the DD tour and maaaaaaaybe on the short 83 SA tour. I also don't believe it was used for any of the recording of the 1984 album due to the 5150 Kramer coming into the picture. It's one of the original 8 built for Eddie, which is very cool nonetheless.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I'm certain it was just a backup.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VAiN
        I don't believe it was used at all on the DD tour and maaaaaaaybe on the short 83 SA tour.
        It's all over this kick ass fan made video of The Full Bug. Pretty sure the clips are from both N & S America.

1:49 for a nice close up (and one rippin' solo)

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          $150k was the estimate, they only got $60k.

I guess Eddie pimping his stuff for all these years and all the various replicas hit the value. I guess the collector is going to think whats to stop him digging another one out next year from his stash?
          Wow. Would have thought it would have fetched more than $60k.

Yeah, you're right about the replicas. I mean, there was the replica produced 7 or 8 years ago that was identical all the way down to manufactured cigarette burns and the quarter stuck under the Rose bridge...and I seem to recall that was selling for upwards of, what...I want to say $30k was a price I remembered being associated with that Franky replica series. And those replicas were actually functional as guitars.

Between the Charvel EVH model series that came out around 2004, followed up by the Franky replicas, the real deal probably WAS devalued as a result of just too much EVH-related gear on the market.

I never understood why some thought it was so essential to buy EVH gear to get the EVH "brown sound". If you have a halfway decent guitar, amp and a ProCo Rat or MXR Distortion +, you can fiddle around with your tone settings on your guitar and amp and get a sound that is close enough to what Ed used to get.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VAiN
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

It's all over this kick ass fan made video of The Full Bug. Pretty sure the clips are from both N & S America.

1:49 for a nice close up (and one rippin' solo)
            That's all footage from SA in '83.. the give away is looking at Ed's amps - they're always on Dave's right. They only did this, to the best of my knowledge, on the SA tour in '83.
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

My best friend/guitar player from my band worked for B.C. Rich back in the early '90s when they were in New Jersey. I'm pretty sure Paul Unkert was his boss at the time. I think it was he who let him bring home a back up Kramer of Ed's to show me. Got a picture somewhere of me holding it.

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

My best friend/guitar player from my band worked for B.C. Rich back in the early '90s when they were in New Jersey. I'm pretty sure Paul Unkert was his boss at the time. I think it was he who let him bring home a back up Kramer of Ed's to show me. Got a picture somewhere of me holding it.
                Nice, dig that sucker up and frame it! Nice conversation piece...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Slight correction. US Festival, the Frankenstrat had a Kramer neck. Not the hockey stick type, but the one that would be on Kramer Pacers. The hockey ones were Barettas, me thinks.
                  You can see it up close on the Jump video with that short lived neck. Also on the new guitar world cover. Then it got the hockey stick neck. I don't think he used it much after that.

Comment

Working...