Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 161 to 167 of 167

Thread: Blueprint 2nd amendment

  1. #161
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    46,057
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,711
    Thanked 4,112 Times in 3,081 Posts


    Rep Power
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    https://www.kens5.com/article/news/s...9-9ca85599f752

    SAPD: Suspect stealing trailer shot by owner
    Police say the owner of a trailer confronted and shot a man as he was stealing the trailer


    Police say the owner of a trailer shot a man suspected of stealing his trailer in a neighborhood on the southwest side.

    Two men reportedly stole the trailer around 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning on Painted Horse Street, near Old Pearsall Road and War Cloud.

    Police say the owner followed the two men and confronted them. Gunfire was exchanged and one of the men was hit by birdshot from a shotgun. The other man took off.

    The man who was shot was taken to University Hospital in stable condition. Police are investigating.
    Yeah, um, you're not allowed to shoot people over property in the vast majority of states and that guy might well face criminal prosecution...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #162
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,365
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,148
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,686 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I don't know how you quantify "suicidal depression", but the rate was actually slightly higher in 1950 that it was in 2016 according to one online stat site (actually it's slightly higher now when both male and female death rates are combined, but still almost identical). It's true there has been a recent 20-year spike edging back towards 50's levels, but that seems to correspond with the 2001 attacks and perhaps the resulting PTSD from the wars...
    According to the Center of Disease Control suicide rates are rising in the US. Suicide is 10th leading cause of death in the US. The most common way people in the US kill themselves is using a firearm. Suicides have risen over 30% in half the states since 1999.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. #163
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,601
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,344
    Thanked 8,233 Times in 5,254 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Well it's definitely a factor that it's very easy to kill yourself in the US because of the prevalence of guns. In the same way that the stats show that having a gun makes you far more likely to end up being shot by someone else, it also makes it more likely you will kill yourself.

    It's nuts that the same people that won't allow old people the freedom to euthanize themselves when they have a terminal illness are cool about people with mental problems having a human killing machine in their home...

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #164
    Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

    Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Member No
    8719
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    46,057
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,711
    Thanked 4,112 Times in 3,081 Posts


    Rep Power
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    According to the Center of Disease Control suicide rates are rising in the US. Suicide is 10th leading cause of death in the US. The most common way people in the US kill themselves is using a firearm. Suicides have risen over 30% in half the states since 1999.
    I agree, this is correct and there seems to be a epidemic of veterans, and more women in general, offing themselves sadly. But to put it in perspective historically, the rate ebbs and flows. A friend of mine who's a vet had his best friend he served with in Afghanistan with commit suicide, then the friend's father killed himself. Just fucking awful. The son had a great job, a hot wife, kids, and a nice house just decided to put a gun in his mouth one day after being haunted by the war. The father hung himself...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-06-2019 at 11:32 AM.

  5. #165
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,365
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,148
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,686 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I agree, this is correct and there seems to be a epidemic of veterans, and more women in general, offing themselves sadly. But to put it in perspective historically, the rate ebbs and flows. A friend of mine who's a vet had his best friend he served with in Afghanistan with commit suicide, then the friend's father killed himself. Just fucking awful. The son had a great job, a hot wife, kids, and a nice house just decided to put a gun in his mouth one day after being haunted by the war. The father hung himself...
    If you spend time in a real war zone you will have some level of PTSD. It usually doesn't hit while the person is serving in the military. There is the peer pressure, the responsibility of duty, a lot going on to keep you distracted. The PTSD hits at home when things are safe and quiet. Seeing a population and politicians inept to what went on and out of the reality loop to where we can just keep getting into the same mess over and over and over not to mention the poor treatment of vets other than the fake patriotism only makes the PTSD worse. Yup you can have a great life and still be haunted and depressed in your head. It gets to the point of where the person just wants to end those awful feelings for good and escape them.

    Something everyone who sends people into a war zone should be aware of but chicken hawks don't care.

  6. #166
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,365
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,148
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,686 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Well it's definitely a factor that it's very easy to kill yourself in the US because of the prevalence of guns. In the same way that the stats show that having a gun makes you far more likely to end up being shot by someone else, it also makes it more likely you will kill yourself.

    It's nuts that the same people that won't allow old people the freedom to euthanize themselves when they have a terminal illness are cool about people with mental problems having a human killing machine in their home...

    There is something creepy about assisted suicide. Lot's of things can be a human killing machine.

  7. #167
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,601
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,344
    Thanked 8,233 Times in 5,254 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Lot's of things can be a human killing machine.
    Yeah but guns are the most commonly used as you pointed out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •