Thread: VH - A litany of lies and deception

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

VH - A litany of lies and deception

Do you guys recall the ill-faded Dave reunion in 1996? What did Eddie say about the future with Dave? He said, "Baby steps, we're not doing an oldies tour. We would have to record a new record and then go on tour". This after recording 2 songs with Dave for the "best of " Do you remember those words? He refused to tour without a new record and do classics.

Now...speed up the clock 8 years later. He records 3 songs with Spam and then goes on tour to play oldies? WTF? I thought he would not tour unless he would have a new record cause he does not do a "oldies" tour? Hmmmm.....Lie detector test EDDIE! Didn't you do the same with Gary? Although then you recorded a whole new record, but your set live was basically a "best of VH" tour.

I'm tired of this crap with the VH boys. It's all hypocracy. Is Spam really in the band? They're not confirming anything at this point. All they have said is that they've got 3 new songs, the "best of both worlds" record and a tour. After that Spam said "we don't know". What does that tell you?

My prediction is that they are keeping their options open with Spam. Incase they ever do a tour with Roth. These days Roth is doing very little to talk bad about the VH sisters so you wonder if they've got a possible joint venture in the future? For now, I'm sick and tired of the lies. Remember when he did not want to be called Eddie? Remember when he would not take out the stripped guitar at all? Remember when Spam refused to play old Dave songs?

I've got a message for VH.... We are not teenage kids anymore. We're adults! We love your music, but boy...you guys are STUPID! Have you guys grown up any? Say what you mean and mean what you say! Don't go around slapping us in the face just cause we like the original line up. Stop insulting each other like little sissys! Act your darn age! Oh...I forgot...I afforded you a life without a real job! Well then, learn the fact that we own your asses now get back with Dave and do a tour!!!!
    "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by 5150Clown
    Remember when Spam refused to play old Dave songs?

Oh yeah, they were going to phase our all the Dave material until they had enough Sam material to fill up a whole show. They've had enough Sam material for a while, but who the hell wants to hear a whole concert of that? Not even the people that are going this year want to hear that.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Figs
    Oh yeah, they were going to phase our all the Dave material until they had enough Sam material to fill up a whole show. They've had enough Sam material for a while, but who the hell wants to hear a whole concert of that? Not even the people that are going this year want to hear that.
    nope, cuz the only crowd pops they got were for Dave tunes!

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It seems that instead they've filled up the voide for years with useless solos. Alex & Mike have the corniest solos in rock history.

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Check this out...this is what I mean:

Then Hagar got in touch with Eddie.

"I was a little nervous, and I'm sure he was kind of surprised too when he picks up the phone and it's me," says Hagar. "But it was good. It was a little uncomfortable, like, 'Well, how are you, man?' 'Well, I'm pretty good. Man, I had a little bout with cancer, you know.' It actually got heavy fast, and it got deep fast."

"He called, we had a couple of good conversations, and he was back in," Eddie Van Halen recently told Guitar World magazine." "It was as simple as that. Usually when bands break up and get back together, things are never quite the same. But I think there's a chance that this will work out because we're communicating a lot better."

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Has Ed learned Unchained yet....

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It seems that instead they've filled up the voide for years with useless solos. Alex & Mike have the corniest solos in rock history.
    I remember them all having solos in 1981. I can do without either one, especially Mike's. He is a decent bass player, but not good enough to warrant a solo. If you can even call it a solo, it usually just him hitting a few notes through some effects and beating on his guitar. Chirs Squire was the only (of a very few) bass solo that I ever heard that was worth hearing.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "It got deep pretty fast"

Sam: "Hey Ed what's up...........are you still pissed at me?!

Ed : "Huh......esuhyfdfdyfud.........what?!"

Sam: "Ed it's Sam, ya know Sam, HELLLOOOOO BBBAABBYYY!"

Ed: uyydyifsfsfsdf.....mmm.........oh the replacement guy........ya what ya want?"

Spam: " I was just wondering can I get back into the band.........I'll work REAL cheap, and I'll even do Roth songs........."

Ed: "hghg.........uh what......(takes drink).......HUH?!"

Spam: "What I'm saying is..........can I get back in now?'

Ed: "Back in?! Oh you'll have to ask Val that yerself, we aint married anymore........"

Spam: "No Ed uh...........could you put Alex on the phone...."

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DR CHIP
    Has Ed learned Unchained yet....
    Ha Ha..... he needs to go back and mimic the record, like he used to do as a teen!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Y'all need to remember it was DAVE (apparently) who did not want to reconvene with VH.

I forget where it was, but Dave in a pritn interview was kinda hinting that he wasn't really interested, then all that stuff with Edie saying in relation to DLR: "who knows where other peoples' realities lie".

Sounds like Dave wnted to be the old 4-way equal split, Van Liar wouldn't do it.

Maybe Dave knew Eddie was washed up and didn't wannna be involved.

I personally think DLR doesn't even want to reunite with these bozos.

guwapo_rocker

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
    Y'all need to remember it was DAVE (apparently) who did not want to reconvene with VH.

I forget where it was, but Dave in a pritn interview was kinda hinting that he wasn't really interested, then all that stuff with Edie saying in relation to DLR: "who knows where other peoples' realities lie".

He probably wasn't interested because I'm sure the attorney's for VH had a contract the size of a book telling Dave what he "could" and "Could not" do and say in the band. For instance: Section 110 V5 says "You will not do the old VH jump while in concert". Section 2234 V4 said "You will not crack any jokes during the concert". Section 1124 v6 said "all managment, control, yes and no's are by Eddie Van Halen and his sister Alex. You will not have a say of ANYTHING! That means no record covers, pictures with the band, video directing...nothing. All you do is sing onto a microphone from behind a glass cube on stage.".

Ofcourse Dave didn't want to go for that. Eddie was forced by Warner Bros., so he drew up a contract that he knew Dave would reject. It was a catch 22. Don't you get it?

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My money is on this,

Ed: Hey Dave, lets get back together for the fans sake and do what they are all waiting for, cool?

Dave: Sounds good to me, The fans have been there through thick and thin and have waited long enough.

Ed: There's one catch though.

Dave: Yeah, Whats the catch?

Ed: You have to drop the back royalties lawsuit and work for 15% until we (Alex and I) decide you deserve another .25%.

Dave: Fuck You, Pal...Do you think you have balls big enough to talk down to me like that?
    Do you remember who got this band where it was before Spamariba jumped on the money train?
    You also need to remember that i don't need the money. while you were spending a fortune on 5150 i got a couple new bathing suits and invested my cash.
    Ed, call me when your brain clears up, although i don't ever expect that to happen....I shit bigger than you Mr.Guitar God.
    Now fuck off before i kick you in the nuts little boy.

Ed: But Dave, the fans!

Dave: Ed, tomorrow when you wake up reach for the top because that's where you'll find me you short fucking washed up guitar hero.

(Dave walks out)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    That's what my post basically fucking says MORON. I'm just more capable than you than of being concise.

However, maybe Dave didn't want in after all becasue EDDIE SUCKS. Why be associated to a so-called guitar God who has to apologize on stage for his shitty performance.

What a disgrace VH has become.

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey...don't call me a MORON! But hey....you know...it's cool man. We're all PISSED, FRUSTRATED AND MAD! WE WANT OUR VAN HALEN LIKE THEY USED TO SERVE IT UP BACK IN THE DAY! What's wrong with that?

guwapo_rocker
    Fight!!!!

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "I was a little nervous, and I'm sure he was kind of surprised too..."

"But it was good. It was a little uncomfortable, like..."

"It actually got heavy fast, and it got deep fast."
    For fuck's sake, were Spam and Winoboy having a phone conversation or reaming one another?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The brothers couldn't keep their stories straight in 1985 or 1996. Never mind contrasting them to what Roth said. Ed and Al's explanations varied from interview to interview, whereas Dave's side of what happened never changed.

1996 was simple. They had already contacted Roth and approached him to rejoin the band for the Best Of Vol 1 before Sammy had left. Cherone had already been up to 5150 before the MTV VMA's, where they had the 'falling out' with Dave. The brothers bullshitted Sammy and were working with Roth behind his back, and they did the same thing to Dave with Cherone. Around this time, Halen and their management renegotiated the previous royalty arrangement with Warner Brothers on the 6-pack albums, whereby Dave got a smaller percentage of the royalties than the other three (how this happened without Dave being aware of it I can't say).

Nice couple of guys, huh? Greedy.

They can't make music worth listening to, and they have an underhanded way of doing business. Why would Dave even want to bother with them? The name Van Halen is a tainted bill of goods. All that's left are the memories.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: VH - A litany of lies and deception

all i know is Gary is the one who put together the setlist for the 3 tour. When I interviewed him, he clearly stated that it was he who put the set together and made sure to fill it with more songs that had not been played live in a long time.

it is a big hypocracy that they said no tour for DLR with two songs but they do a tour for three songs with Sam. That leads me to believe that he is in fact the singer for VH and they will hit the studio once the tour concludes. but DLR has been quiet about everything for once so maybe something with ihm is forthcoming....i doubt it though. and your right all parties need to stop bitching and bad mouthing each other

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dave stopped long time ago...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he was still talking crap on/around the tour with hagar...2 years aint that long ago. granted i havent seen too many interviews since then

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    what did he say? the only thing I remember was, that he made a joke about ed to find the building of the hall of fame and call him ed van heineken...but in the same quote he said "I love you, baby..."

dave was ready to clear it up with ed again and he always made that clear

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i remember him calling him ed van heineken the few times i did see roth solo at the hagar tour and then again at pierre robert's 20th anniversary party in philly.

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is that where the Eddie "Van Heineken" thing came from? Hahahaha...that's is truly funny. I think Dave spoke smack about Eddie during the tour with Sammy because it was expected. Right now, he's got better things in mind. Not sure what they could be though.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Moron!!

Putz!!

Moron!!

Putz!!

Does it really matter anymore what members of Van Halen said in 85, 96, 98? What's said and done is history isn't it?

What the band is doing today is based on their decisions and choices in the present.... Appears to me the only ones holding a death grip on the past are certain factions of the fan base, which I can say with 100% confidence Van Halen doesn't give a shot about... So, what's the point?
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I thinkit boild down to Eddie. His hatred for Dave is incredible. He always has to say something in interviews of how he had "no control" back then and now he does. Like it was denied to him and he got abused in some way or another. He was just an idiot that didn't want to step up to the plate...that's all. Dave did cause Dave was sober and had balls from a young age.

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
    i remember him calling him ed van heineken the few times i did see roth solo at the hagar tour and then again at pierre robert's 20th anniversary party in philly.
    I remember calling you a FAG.

GET YOUR GAY HOMO SPERMY GAYBAR LOVING ASS OUT OF HERE. THIS IS THE DLRARMY, NOT THE GAY HOMO BRETT NORTON VHLINKS

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Moron!!

Putz!!

Moron!!

Putz!!

Does it really matter anymore what members of Van Halen said in 85, 96, 98? What's said and done is history isn't it?

What the band is doing today is based on their decisions and choices in the present.... Appears to me the only ones holding a death grip on the past are certain factions of the fan base, which I can say with 100% confidence Van Halen doesn't give a shot about... So, what's the point?
    Van Halen hasn't made any decent music in a long time, so naturally the past is gonna be of more interest than the present.

The guttersniping via the media of Roth, Van Halens and Hagar and that soap opera is more poignant than the three lame ass new tracks, the new Greatest Hits album or the 2004 tour.

Why bother focusing on the music of Van Halen? That became irrelevant 20 years ago.

Thread Information