And of course the first thing I asked him about, is the album he has finished with Dave. John literally lit up when I asked him about it. The first thing I asked him about the album was "Is it heavy"? He told me "No, Dave doesn't like heavy". I think John may have misunderstood what I meant by heavy, but hey, we were standing behind the stage at a Korn/Rob Zombie show! I meant Van Halen heavy. DLR Band that he played on heavy. Anyway, he told me I won't believe how good this disc is. He compared it to "Could This Be Magic" type stuff. I don't know about you, but that fucking excited me! He told me Dave is singing the stuff in a deeper low register, and he said Dave sounds absolutely phenomenal.

What do you think my next question for John was? "When the fuck is it coming out?!" His response was not what I wanted to hear. "We can't release it because Dave is in Van Halen". I asked him if that was "off the record", and he told me "No. It's not a secret, that's just the way it is in this business sometimes".

Not what I wanted to hear! I want to hear this fucking album!

After the show, I walk into the dressing room, Ray immediately says to me "Vaughn! Guess what I got to hear the other day?" I knew where he was going. He heard some of this album! John played some of it for him! Ray reiterated what John had told me earlier in the evening. Ray told me I won't believe how good it is when I hear it!

Motherfuck the "business"!! I want this fucking album!

I would like to thank John 5 for being so cool to me, and for talking so openly. Of course I have to thank Ray Luzier too.