X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

I love Dave's currrent band but....

I love Dave's current band. I actually went to P.I.T. when Ray was teaching there every week and I was happy for him when he got the ROTH gig. Ray is a great drummer and a very nice guy. I'll have to admit though I always wanted to see Dave with the band he was talking to at the time. It was heavily rumored around L.A. that Dave was in talks with Carmine Appice and Billy Sheehan to be the rythym section and they would look for a guitar player who was"known" to compliment the other 2. I always felt that Dave was riding serious momentum after the 96' debacle and (somewhat) failed to capitalize on it by choosing "unknowns" in his solo band. This is not meant to insult Ray and the rest of the guys, I think they're great. I just feel that had Dave secured Appice's services along with Sheehan and a name guitar player it would have given THE DLR BAND album a bigger media push and interested more people. I remember one friend of mine commented about Dave's new band at the time "who in the hell are these guys anyway". Does anyone else share my thoughts?
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • Snoo

It was supposed to be Vai, supposedly, but he was too tied up with other projects and recommended some of the guys who worked on the album.

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

Re: I love Dave's currrent band but....

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
      "who in the hell are these guys anyway".
      That's what the world said in 1978 too.

Names may have been cool, but I'm not expecting any apologies for DLR Band.
      "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
      "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

this band of "unknowns" were a tighter, more cohesive unit than the "waboritas", that's for damn sure!! they rose to the occasion and helped roth kick hagars ass on the 2002 tour. i was also in attendance at their house of blues in anaheim,ca gig last year, and from a purely musical standpoint, these boys deliver the goods!

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2004

DLR Band friggin' ROCKS

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2004

ROCKS

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Appice and Sheehan. Too much ego. Couldn't expect them to stick around for more than an album and a tour at most.

Ray and Brian kick ass. Perform just fine. Brian's not a songwriter, though.

Dave should give Kilgore a ring. They did some good stuff together.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Snoo

Doesn't Kilgore hate him, though?

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I thought Kilgore was a janitor who did guitar work on the side.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2004

Why does Kilgore hate Dave?
                    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Snoo

Supposedly Dave's "a dick in the studio and works his bandmates way too hard."

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Snoo
                        What the hell has Kilgore done before or after Dave? He is the worst player Dave has had in his band. If Terry didn't suck, maybe Dave wouldn't be so hard on him. Lastly, NOBODY BOUGHT THE ALBUM OR WENT TO A SHOW TO SEE TERRY KILGORE. He is not a "bandmate" of Dave. He was a friggin employee of DAVE - the man we went to see. I hope nobody ever brings up this loser's name again. He is lucky Dave ever used him...

Comment

• whodat
                          Groupie
                          • Jun 2004

what is eds state of mind, this guy looks as though he has done way to much crack. his current state is that of iggy pop. such a shame to see a great band go down in flames

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by whodat
                            what is eds state of mind, this guy looks as though he has done way to much crack. his current state is that of iggy pop. such a shame to see a great band go down in flames
                            Iggy Pop looks more lucid than Edward Van Gaylen

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Snoo
                              Hardly think it's being a dick to expect something to be done right.

Maybe it's because I never settle for less either. Interesting to realize that the rest of my office thinks I'm a dick for keeping them employed too.

Remember kids:Good enough Isn't.
                              "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                              "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

Working...