Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever watched "History of The Eagles" yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever watched "History of The Eagles" yet?

One thing I learned from this documentary is that Glenn Frey is an asshole. I don't even think Eddie resorted to this bullshit with Dave.

Holy hell! I'm only a minute and 33 seconds in and this shit is serious!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Here's part one. You'll see part two over to the side.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyx...3-part-1_music
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Hey i wanna party with you cowboy.....that time....with your buddies with the cow....and they tried to make it with the cow.....

Lighten Up Francis.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

And all this was over some Senator who later was part of the Keating five scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by SunisinuS View Post
            Hey i wanna party with you cowboy.....that time....with your buddies with the cow....and they tried to make it with the cow.....

Lighten Up Francis.
            I made a Stripes reference in another thread yesterday. Fragglerock said his real name is Francesco. I should have said lighten up Fransesco at the end like Sgt. Hulka.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

Originally posted by BITEYOASS View Post
              One thing I learned from this documentary is that Glenn Frey is an asshole.
              Just Glenn? No Donnie Boy?

Here's the true Eagles "documentary": One day a bunch of rich, suburban white kids from southern California were kicked out of their parents' house for all being assholes and all found themselves living together in a shitty apartment on the L.A. Strip. After doing a lot of drugs, drink and "nailing" stale pussy they decided to write songs but weren't any good at it. So they did other peoples' songs and found out they were good at that so their rich, white yuppie parents hired them a famous but costly limey producer; they made a shitty album or two. Then they hired a burn out drug-fucked musician who could write a decent guitar riff, made a monster album and became even bigger assholes. Now they are no longer a band but a corporation like Wal-Mart only more assholey.

Comment

Don Felder's book Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974 - 2001)
                also had some pretty good Frey stories tho' if I remember correctly (in the
                book) it was Frey who is quoted as saying "Nobody can suck the fun out of
                a room like Don Henley."
                Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                  Just Glenn? No Donnie Boy?

Here's the true Eagles "documentary": One day a bunch of rich, suburban white kids from southern California were kicked out of their parents' house for all being assholes and all found themselves living together in a shitty apartment on the L.A. Strip. After doing a lot of drugs, drink and "nailing" stale pussy they decided to write songs but weren't any good at it. So they did other peoples' songs and found out they were good at that so their rich, white yuppie parents hired them a famous but costly limey producer; they made a shitty album or two. Then they hired a burn out drug-fucked musician who could write a decent guitar riff, made a monster album and became even bigger assholes. Now they are no longer a band but a corporation like Wal-Mart only more assholey.
                  Close, but Glenn Frey is from Michigan. Went to high school with my old boss. My old boss said he was an asshole in high school, and it appears he is still an asshole.

Comment

Don Henley is from Texas. Original guitarist Bernie Leadon was from Florida, and his replacement Joe Walsh was from Ohio. Not sure about either of the bass players, but I don't think any of them were native Californians.
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                      Close, but Glenn Frey is from Michigan. Went to high school with my old boss. My old boss said he was an asshole in high school, and it appears he is still an asshole.
                      I'm thinking this would be a good spot for a Spaceballs "they're all assholes, sir" clip.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Originally posted by Satan View Post
                        Don Henley is from Texas. Original guitarist Bernie Leadon was from Florida, and his replacement Joe Walsh was from Ohio. Not sure about either of the bass players, but I don't think any of them were native Californians.
                        They formed in California. God damn it.

Comment

Well.... the Quarrynumbers (John Lennon, George Harrison, John Entwistle and Keith Moon) formed in Hell, but that doesn't mean they're natives.
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Joe Walsh was from Kansas, but went to college at Kent State.

Comment

I can't believe that I agree with Kristy.

The Eagles do suck. But, I love Joe Walsh. Wish he never wound up with those butt-heads.

One thing I have got to say, I saw them live. Kudos to them playing Hotel California as the third song - so, anyone who came for that song could leave. The rest of the night it was the Joe Walsh show with a backing band.

Comment

Working...
                              X