• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by TWSguitarist
    I don't think it matters since they are the exact same quality just one is made in USA with a huge ass price tag. But I either want a black (preferably flat) w/ chrome hardware or that new cherry burst that looks kickass.
    IMO it matters... you'll get better workmanship from a US model.. but I guess since you work/build guitars it doesn't matter as much. I'd rather spend the extra cash and know it was built in the states.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
      I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means.. just saying it doesn't make sense. As stated, I think Ed Roman was an idiot as well.. not a trusted source.
      You claimed you were an expert when you agreed with Elvis. Ed Roman might be an idiot but I'll bet he knows more about Les Paul necks than either one of you boys. I'm not even sure the guitar was playable. It had no strings. And the guy that bought it worked for Gibson. It might have been Ed Roman for all I know. It was 20 something years ago.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• VAiN
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        You claimed you were an expert when you agreed with Elvis. Ed Roman might be an idiot but I'll bet he knows more about Les Paul necks than either one of you boys. I'm not even sure the guitar was playable. It had no strings. And the guy that bought it worked for Gibson. It might have been Ed Roman for all I know. It was 20 something years ago.
        Uh huh...
        Agreeing with E doesn't make me claim to be an expert.. We just happen to both be able to sense BS when we see it.. So - you bought a not-so-playable LP with no strings and a jap neck from a guy that worked at Gibson in the early 90's.. and then sold it at a profit.. you sure this isn't a flashback?
        Last edited by VAiN; 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM.
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• TWSguitarist
          Groupie
          • Dec 2013

IMO it matters... you'll get better workmanship from a US model.. but I guess since you work/build guitars it doesn't matter as much. I'd rather spend the extra cash and know it was built in the states.
          Yeah one of the Wolfgangs I played was USA the other a Specal. I didn't notice any difference except for the floyd rose on the special and fixed bridge on USA. But they play like a dream. Felt like I left part of my self in that store by not buying one. But my striped guitars and my OLP mm1 do my ok for now. My franky is my best playing guitar surprisingly.

Comment

• VAiN
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Yeah one of the Wolfgangs I played was USA the other a Specal. I didn't notice any difference except for the floyd rose on the special and fixed bridge on USA. But they play like a dream. Felt like I left part of my self in that store by not buying one. But my striped guitars and my OLP mm1 do my ok for now. My franky is my best playing guitar surprisingly.
            Cool.. I have a 93 MM as well..

This is a really special guitar.. Plays like butter. The longer I have it the more I appreciate it.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Uh huh...
              Agreeing with E doesn't make me claim to be an expert.. We just happen to both be able to sense BS when we see it.. So - you bought a not-so-playable LP with no strings and a jap neck from a guy that worked at Gibson in the early 90's.. and then sold it at a profit.. you sure this isn't a flashback?
              The guy that bought it worked for Gibson. I had the guitar looked at because I wanted to know if it was worth two hundred bucks. A friend of my brother in laws was selling it and offered it to him. Elvis and I don't exactly get along. If I said the sky was blue he'd call me a liar.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I bought a Korean WG Special last year. Amber quilt, love the neck, sounds great. Impulse buy, couldn't wait for an Ebay piece to show up. Which is a nice way of saying I can't be trusted with money.

GC also had one of the Sterling by Music Man "Axis" imports...sounded pretty close to the Special I brought home, but the frets weren't finished well. I figured if I was buying an import I'd be better off with the Peavey.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• TWSguitarist
                  Groupie
                  • Dec 2013

Cool.. I have a 93 MM as well..

This is a really special guitar.. Plays like butter. The longer I have it the more I appreciate it.
                  Is the top real on that? On mine which is from 2002 I think. I added a liscensed floyd. It's better than the stupid stock trem that was on it. The purple flame on it is just a photo top. It's not a real flame. If you can't pick it out in the picture it's thy purple/black one on the right. In the back that's my crap 5150 that I filled the cavities/ reshaped the body from a broken guitar Von gave me. It's just for looks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• VAiN
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Frankenstrat guitar

Is the top real on that? On mine which is from 2002 I think. I added a liscensed floyd. It's better than the stupid stock trem that was on it. The purple flame on it is just a photo top. It's not a real flame. If you can't pick it out in the picture it's thy purple/black one on the right. In the back that's my crap 5150 that I filled the cavities/ reshaped the body from a broken guitar Von gave me. It's just for looks.
                    Yeah, it's the real-deal. I bought it new in 93/94.. It was my first 'real' guitar.. I love it. I paid $1321 in 1993 dollars... I see them on eBay for upwards if 3k.. I'd never give it up now.

Comment

• TWSguitarist
                      Groupie
                      • Dec 2013

Yeah, it's the real-deal. I bought it new in 93/94.. It was my first 'real' guitar.. I love it. I paid $1321 in 1993 dollars... I see them on eBay for upwards if 3k.. I'd never give it up now.
                      I love the red on it. It looks sweet! The OLP mm1 is a good guitar for a knock off. But nothing beats a Wolfgang USA.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Got it from a guy named Roly who used to make them and did a pretty good job. He was somewhere in the SW - Phoenix, I think.. Can't remember anymore. I heard he was told to stop by Eddie's people so I think I have one of his last ones.
                        Is this the pickup you are talking about?

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Von Halen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EVH-Fran...-/231116361280
                          Yep, that's the one. I think I got it for about $150 new from musiciansfriend.com. It sounds great.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

$125 on Amazon...
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• TWSguitarist
                              Groupie
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Von Halen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EVH-Fran...-/231116361280
                              Thats the best proce ive seen in a while for that pickup. You should get that for me Von in return for painting your guitar. Speaking of which bring the thing over so I can work on it. I won't have time once I start on this new franky next week.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

I have a early red Music Man. Best $1000 I ever spent. Think I got it in 92. Too me that was a real custom guitar.

Comment

Working...