Never Seen Before Van Halen "ON FIRE" demo music video!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Never Seen Before Van Halen "ON FIRE" demo music video!

\m/(>.<)\m/

• VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

If I'm not mistakin, this was one of the Gene Simmons sponsored demos from 76/77.... Ed's first real attempt at overdubbing...
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• big fatty
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2004

That was freakin' cool. Kiinda campy, like those morning cartoons with Skeletor or whoever. I hope he makes more of them with VH. I suscribed to his channel, all kinds of crazy stuff there.

I love the demo's, but clearly it's a damn good thing they got Templeman and Landee. I always wondered if the final line of On Fire the way Dave kinda growls it in a menacing voice, that might of been Gene's idea.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VAiN
        If I'm not mistakin, this was one of the Gene Simmons sponsored demos from 76/77...
        Yep. That's from what is called Van Halen Zero. There's a song on there called "Woman In Love" that I wouldn't mind hearing get the ADKOT treatment. Great song with all around hit potential, but lyrics are not Dave's finest. Ed handed him so damn much music in those days. It must have been a bitch to come up with all of these lyrics. That's an over looked talent of Dave's, especially having started out writing them prior to his zany worldly experiences. I find some of his corniest lyrics from that time to still be remarkable, considering his age. I started writing lyrics when I was 25 and didn't get a decent handle on the process until about 15 years after my band broke up!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Listening to the Gene Simmons recordings always shows just how good and important Ted Templeman was.

Comment

• Floridaman1985
            Groupie
            • May 2009

Good stuff. He about forgot to put Alex in the video though. I don't think it ever shows him playing.
            "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• big fatty
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2004

ON FIRE - Tracy G &amp; Ralph Saenz

Recently found out about this cover version of ON FIRE by TRACY G with Ralph Saenz on vocals. Possibly Ray Luzier on drums. From album titled " Deviating From The Setlist ".

Maybe this is already common knowledge here , I dont know , but havent noticed any mention of it. I dont follow the VH tribute bands and normally dont care about cover versions of VH tunes, but checked this one out because the article said DLR is on it at the end.

It is an interesting rendition. The guitar is quite intense. I liked him before when he was with DIO.

Heard it here at : http://vanhalenrising.com

http//tracyg.com

Last edited by big fatty; 12-31-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...