Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

This was intended as an open letter to the Crazy Cuban Canadian Cruz, but it looks like Jerksmear needs to read it as well......

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/net_neutrality
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    The Department of the Internet..........Governmenters gotta government.......

Obamanet: If you like your internet, you can keep your internet. - Al Gore, inventor of the internet
    Where do you think the internet came from, retard? Fucking "competition" between cable companies? And wipe the Comcast cum off your face!

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Article 1. Section 8. of the US Constitution empowers the government to control and regulate the internet......right... got it.

The irony here is why the KH wants to regulate......

Not realizing that if you want more bandwidth you need a permit to put up fiber or dig the ditches. The reason Prez wants to get it front of this isn't so there will be more headroom in the bandwidth for new faster handsets and next gen tech.

Democrats really are transparent...............

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    Article 1. Section 8. of the US Constitution empowers the government to control and regulate the internet......right... got it.

The irony here is why the KH wants to regulate......

Not realizing that if you want more bandwidth you need a permit to put up fiber or dig the ditches. The reason Prez wants to get it front of this isn't so there will be more headroom in the bandwidth for new faster handsets and next gen tech.

Democrats really are transparent...............
    Oh, I guess we better get rid of the Air Force since the Constitution only mentions an Army and Navy...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Oh, I guess we better get rid of the Air Force since the Constitution only mentions an Army and Navy...
    And BTW; cool avatar.

We used to drink and screw to WZ back in college at the quad(circa 1981 lol). Brings back some fine memories of floor parties with some of the smartest dirty women I've ever known.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    I have the suspicion you spent most your college days (i.e., DeVry) in the closet.

7. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (11-17-2014)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The F A T Oxycontin addict blames...guess who?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mush may be slitting his own throat here. His "slut" comments last year not only cost him most of his advertisers, but those advertisers eventually pulled out of talk radio, in general. Right wing... left wing.... doesn't matter. Because of Mush, and Weiner Savage making ignorant comments, they want out of the game entirely.

Progressive talk hosts have survived the death of terrestrial talk radio through online means like "Progressive Voices" (see FORD's signature). Wouldn't surprise me if right wing talkers had to do the same before too long (what would they call it.... "REGRESSIVE voices"??.)

Only in a corporate controlled internet, any information that goes against the corporate accepted talking points - either to the left or the right - will be the first thing suppressed. So go ahead Mush.... drink the Scumca$t KoolAid. Wash your Oxy down with it. And talk yourself right out of a job.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Republicans Call Out Crazy Cuban Canadian Cruz on his Net Neutrality Ignorance

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That last guy is really getting raped. Shit, I thought the $70/month I was paying Scumca$t for 20mbps was highway robbery!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Survived before the internet. Will survive after it. Working hard to go back to the cave we are.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    That last guy is really getting raped. Shit, I thought the $70/month I was paying Scumca$t for 20mbps was highway robbery!
    You are paying for more than just internet.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    You are paying for more than just internet.
    I'm not supposed to be. I don't get any TV signal from them whatsoever. Not even the local channels, since the bastards started encrypting them and rendering the QAM tuners on my TV and HDHomerun tuner useless. And I would never even consider their ridiculously overpriced phone service. So strictly internet here. Unfortunately, there are literally no other options available. Fastest DSL here is only 1.5 mbps, and that might as well be dial-up when it comes to any sort of streaming.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://news.yahoo.com/the-fcc-will-v...214646803.html

FCC to vote to regulate net neutrality Thursday: What it means

The Federal Communications Commission is set to vote Thursday on a new set of rules for Internet service providers. And while Democratic Chairman Tom Wheeler’s proposal to regulate the Internet like water, electricity and other public utilities is slated for approval, the months (years, actually) of fighting over net neutrality, both within the FCC and on Capitol Hill, won’t likely end there.

As Thursday’s vote has drawn closer, Wheeler continued to face pressure from within his own party to amend the net neutrality rules. And contrary to a report in The New York Times on Tuesday suggesting that Republican lawmakers once poised to pounce on new FCC rules with counteracting legislation have now accepted defeat, Republican Senator and Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John Thune tweeted that the GOP has far from conceded on the hot topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad penny.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Question to the US people.

I get the impression you don't have much choice when it comes to internet providers is that true or is it just a problem in rural areas?

I have a choice of 6 here and the competition has to help.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Did John Oliver save Net Neutrality?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbOEoRrHyU
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-25-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

I get the impression you don't have much choice when it comes to internet providers is that true or is it just a problem in rural areas?

The cable companies are essentially a monopoly. You either have Comcast, or Time Warner, or Cox or whatever. They don't compete in each other's market.

Some areas have a DSL connection available that's fast enough to compete with the cable. Unfortunately, I don't live in one of them, ironic as that sounds being in the capitol city of one of the most tech-savvy states in the US. Century Link (regional telco monopoly) sends my advertising spam claiming they have 1gigabyte internet available, but when I check on their claims, it's still the old 1.5 mbps (barely beats dial up) connection that's available here.

Sadly, the net neutrality rules wouldn't even address that situation. It would merely prevent Comcast from raping me further by charging me based on whether they like the websites I visit. And being the right wing corporation that they are, they might really hit me up for left wing political sitesm for example.

The only way to increase competition among internet providers (and thereby promote competition, lower prices and innovation) would be to enforce existing anti-trust laws that haven't been deployed since the 80s, and restore others that the corporations have removed since then.

And for the love of all that's holy, keep Comcast from swallowing up Time Warner or any other corporation, and getting any bigger.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's what I thought, that's really shameful.

I was sitting there tonight wondering about whether I should try and do something about my speed which is 17MB down 12MB/s up which I think is a bit shitty in this day in age because I'm stuck with ADSL as the house was never cabled for whatever reason. The supplier is charging me on their 'up to 152MB' tariff? A dial up modem falls into the realm of 'up to 152MB'.

We seem to all be falling behind places like Japan and Scandinavia, mine is below the world average according to this site and you are in the stone age.
    http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

My business partner called me two weeks ago, all excited because Century Link was out installing his new super duper fiber optic mega speed interwebz connection. Yeah, they've been out at least 3 times since then and all he does is bitch about how bad it sucks ass. Shockingly, the super fast speed never materialized. At least not for him.

I have no idea what my speeds are and really don't care. I have Time Warner Sucksacock Hi Speed Interwebz - I even pay for something called Turbo, I think it's supposed to make it super fast. Beats the shit out of me. I do a lot of business online but super fast speeds don't really matter to me, so long as I can watch Archer and Blacklist and whatever else and it works like it should.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Basically, two here. One is Concast now calling themselves "Xfinity" and CentryLink. For the two years I lived in Colorado Springs I think the service there was "Roadrunner" but not sure since that was a campus service. I can remember Roadrunner being lighting fast and worry free which is strange considering the other two are the most unreliable pieces of corporate internet shit on the planet. Think while I was in Boulder, the CU campus had Roadrunner as well. Worked great.

Loads of changes when Concast was first Jones Intracable then TCI, the AT&T (who fucked everything up), then Time Warner, then Concast and Xfinity. CentryLink was first Mountain Bell, then US West (based out of Arizona), then Qwest and now the joke they are today.

Where I live is semi-rural but not really. Meaning I live between the Platte River, a county mental institution, a whacky Christian reeducation camp and something called "Hudson Gardens" which is what...some sort of a rip off for parents to bring their children. I do remember one summer where the band Heart played there - for $75 a ticket. Anyhoo, there is a lot of wildlife that runs around in my backyard - both human and animal and many of them love to chew on the cable lines and I cannot tell you how many times services just stops (especially in the summer) and when you call Xfinity they claim service will be restored anywhere from 9 to 18 days. I'm not kidding. Also, they do not give you as a customer any reduction in your bill even though about 1/3 of the month you are without service. This is why I can't have nice things.

What is stranger is about 3/4 mile down the Platte from me lies EchoStar who I thinks runs Dish Network. Huge fucking building, too with a street named after them. Yet, in my inner circle there are zero satellite dishes which leads me to believe their service is absolute shit as well.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow if I am offline for more than 90 minutes I start to get a bit panicky.

Again I'm surprised at the US www infrastructure - maybe the Bill Gates foundation should be doing something about that?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Only if the internet was full of mosquitoes.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I guess after a Google search Roadrunner is now Time Warner.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mush Limpdick is STILL lying about Net Neutrality. And Sam Seder caught him live and immediately debunked his Oxycontin-fueled delusions....

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Two choices. AT&T DSL, or Time Warner Cable. Time Warner has always sucked here in the village, back in the 90's the cable would go out when the wind blew over 15 mph. I would never use them.

Maybe three choices, if one were to get HughesNet satellite, but they suck harder than TWC.

AT&T has their Uverse service but I don't know when the village will get wired for it. There's a lot of retirees on fixed incomes here and I don't think that AT&T thinks they will get the buy rate they need to make it a worthwhile investment.

I'm in the burbs, half hour out of Cleveland proper, one county east.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

FCC Approves Net Neutrality Rules For 'Open Internet' 3-2

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...y-by-fcc-board

I think John Oliver may have swung this - wow. Vested interests and big big business beaten by a smurf, maybe the world isn't that bad after all.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    3-2 is surprising. Makes one wonder just how much corporate lobbying from the likes of Concast went on behind closed doors. By closed doors I mean handjobs with silk mittens.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One of the two anti's was this assclown named Ajit Pai. Technically, he's an Obama appointee, but the vacancy required a Republican, so he was "reccomended" by Bitch McTurtle. Pai's entire career has basically been a prostitute for the cable & wireless oligopolies, and he's been the one out there pushing the fear propaganda against neutrality, so that vote was hardly surprising. Forget the name of the other anti, but they were a holdover from the Chimp years, so that wasn't really a surprise either.

Wheeler's turn around was the key to this thing, considering he also had a past as an industry whore. Apparently the John Oliver "dingo" assault on him, and the massive public commentary in favor of Net Neutrality helped persuade him.

Good to know the voice of the people still occasionally counts for something in this country.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You have to admire the self-victimization here:
    ""The FCC's decision to impose obsolete telephone-era regulations on the high-speed Internet is one giant step backwards for America's broadband networks and everyone who depends upon them. These 'Title II' rules go far beyond protecting the Open Internet, launching a costly and destructive era of government micromanagement that will discourage private investment in new networks and slow down the breakneck innovation that is the soul of the Internet today."

Vague and nondescript language. "Private investment" is code for internet monopoly. As for "breakneck innovation" being the "soul" of the internet, did I mention Concast sloth tactics on repairing service?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wheeler's turn around was the key to this thing, considering he also had a past as an industry whore. Apparently the John Oliver "dingo" assault on him, and the massive public commentary in favor of Net Neutrality helped persuade him.
    Persuaded or shamed the end result is good.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    You have to admire the self-victimization here:
    These 'Title II' rules go far beyond protecting the Open Internet, launching a costly and destructive era of government micromanagement that will discourage private investment in new networks and slow down the breakneck innovation that is the soul of the Internet today."
    Breakneck innovation = On average half the speed of Japan and some other Western powers and barely more than Russia and China.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Either it was on here or somewhere in the somewhere I heard that France was turning obsolete payphones into some sort of FREE WI-Fi stations. In America, that would be considered "socialism."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The less reported story of the week is that the FCC also overturned state laws (passed by industry whores) that prevented cities from establishing their own municipal broadband networks. This could actually be better news than net neutrality itself, in the areas where the local governments decide to go through with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FCC overrules state laws to help cities build out municipal broadband

3-2 vote gives local broadband an important victory
    By Chris Welch
    February 26, 2015 11:21 am

Before it tackles net neutrality, the FCC is setting a major precedent for municipal broadband: it's just voted to preempt state laws that were preventing two cities from building out their own locally run broadband networks. The decision was prompted by separate petitions from Wilson, North Carolina, and Chattanooga, Tennessee — both cities that've established high-speed, gigabit internet services, but have been barred from expanding to neighboring communities due to existing state laws. So far, 19 states have similar regulations to those that the FCC is overriding in Wilson and Chattanooga, but today's ruling affects only those two specific cases.

Even so, the FCC's 3-2 vote will serve as a landmark moment that other communities will point to as they try to compete against commercial ISPs and knock down those deeply restrictive state laws. "There are a few irrefutable truths about broadband," said FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler ahead of the vote. "One is you can’t say you’re for broadband, and then turn around and endorse limits." The commission has decided that Tennessee and North Carolina are needlessly preventing the "reasonable and timely deployment of high-speed internet access to all Americans," a senior FCC official said during a press call a few weeks ago. It's not hard to see the exact same logic being applied elsewhere when other petitions are brought forward.

If you're wondering where the FCC gets power to make these decisions, it's claiming that states are getting in the way of its authority — granted under Section 706 of the Telecommunications Act — to promote the deployment of broadband across the US. Here's how the FCC justified today's action in a press release that followed the successful vote:

Under federal law, a federal agency may preempt state laws that conflict with its regulations or policies so long as it is acting within the scope of its authority. There is a clear conflict, the Order finds, between Section 706 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, which directs the FCC to take action to remove barriers to broadband investment and competition, and provisions of the Tennessee and North Carolina law that erect barriers to expansion of service into surrounding communities, including unserved and underserved areas.

Unsurprisingly, the cable establishment and entrenched ISPs have lobbied against this becoming a trend, with the opposition (and dissenting commissioners) trying to frame it as an aggressive overreach of the FCC's authority. "We don’t take lightly the matter of preempting state laws," admitted Wheeler. But the chairman made clear this was a situation in which the FCC saw no other choice but to act. "The human faces of those who are condemned to second-rate broadband are a message to all of us."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just in case anybody was wondering what Glenn BecKKK thought about this issue......

Silly BecKKK....... as an internet ONLY "broadcaster" yourself, you should be the first one to support Net Neutrality. Because without it, your lunatic ramblings would probably be among the first things censored into the "slow lanes" by the likes of Scumcast or Verizon.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And if BecKKK wasn't crazy enough for you.........

Once again, Pat gets his facts completely backward. Apparently he was NOT consulting Jesus this time, because we all know the Lord loves the Internet!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh the irony!

Most things are better these days but looking back I do prefer the days when you only had to suffer the mentally ill shouty idiots when you went into the city center on a Saturday and they were talking bullshit into a megaphone as people walked past ignoring them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Quite a few choices if you live in the city. I'm using the cable company. They run fiber optics down the main road so we are on a branch line off of that and not too many houses between us and the trunk line. We aren't paying for the fastest service but I can't complain about the speed.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The thing about these agencies making regulations is the regulations are basically laws. Some of them have a huge impact on society and commerce. Only the US Congress can make laws so I think it needs to go through the congress. We are giving these regulatory agencies the power to make laws and all they should be able to do is enforce the laws that pass the congress and are signed into law. I also don't like this trend of "We have to pass it so you can see it". Sorry put it out publicly and give the public time to read it and no adding anything the last minute.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    All these right wing pundits do is whine. Hey if they are so into fighting for it. Ok Rush, Glenn, and Pat. Grab your rifles and lead the charge. No you are just going to sit in your studios, collect big paychecks and whine some more. Toilet paper is more useful than you idiots.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Actually I think healthcare should be treated as a utility. Have price caps on the costs. Do a cost analysis work in a reasonable percentage for a profit margin and cap the costs.

Thread Information