Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

The "mullet-sporting" bass player played really well, didn't he?

I've only got into "All Mod Cons", their second album I think, so I can't really tell about their whole production.

But I wouldn't say they suck, at all. If you listen to the music they did on that album (which mainly delivers IMO),
    you realize they did bring it on.

And I'd have a hundred times more of "A Bomb in Wardour Street" over any "Should I stay or should I go".
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

The Clash were always sell-outs. 'The Gift' was most likely the best Jam album - at least from Weller's songwriting standpoint. As for his daughter...cute but F A T thighs and hips. Too British.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        The Clash were always sell-outs. 'The Gift' was most likely the best Jam album - at least from Weller's songwriting standpoint. As for his daughter...cute but F A T thighs and hips. Too British.
        Thanks for the hint, I'll take a good ear at "The Gift". I really like the drive and tightness of that band, but then again I only know one album.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The Gift had 'A Town Called Malice' which was really their only hit - at least on the American market.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Wellers is /was an ambulance chaser of epic proportions .... The only thing more painful than the jam was the shite council .
            Though despite his rubbishness he did manage one decent tune in going underground .
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Weller does seem to hold a lot of sway in the U.K. I once had a conversation with this guy who claimed he worked for the BBC in production. He detested Paul Weller on all angles saying that no matter who the BBC station was playing at the time as being popular, Weller's records were always pushed to the front and given more airplay no matter of they were complete shit or not.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Sounds about right , certain parts of the media , q to name the worst one worship the water he walks on.
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...