X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

KISS interview with Tom Snyder 1979.

Basically Peter & Ace commandeer the whole interview. Gene looks pissed. LOL

• DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I remember seeing this in the Kiss news thread last year. Priceless seeing Gene so pissed. Ace was untamable. I wonder if Gene or Paul told him to dial it back during the commercial breaks. He surely didn't if they did.

Comment

• fraroc
      Commando
      • Jun 2012

How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Ace made that whole interview. Almost as fun as watching a drunken Ace steal the show was watching Gene pouting over being upstaged and not being able to spout off his usual rock star interview clichés.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
          Sad, really. Four aging drunkard homosexuals slowly realizing that "Holy shit, we're no longer relevant in pop culture. And we recorded a god damn disco album."

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Kristy
            Sad, really. Four aging drunkard homosexuals slowly realizing that "Holy shit, we're no longer relevant in pop culture. And we recorded a god damn disco album."
            Kristy, you're a fucking piece of shit.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
              Kristy, you're a fucking piece of shit.
              And you're a fucking parasite to your parents.

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

And you're a fucking parasite to your parents.
                And you're a fucking parasite to the entire fucking site.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I'm thinking of taking a powder and walking away from my job, mortgage and all my other responsibilities and just becoming a complete parasite sucking off the labors of the rest of society.

Fuck it. Free homeless shelter, food, medical care. Let the rest of the country scrap, scrounge and sweat while I sit back and smile. I voted for Obama twice, so I figure it's my due.

Maybe I'll head to the Caribbean, wash dishes in some resort for cash and live under a lean-to on a beach near the resort. Fuck it.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Yeah, Dynasty was around the point where KISS had overemphasized themselves. It really started with the four solo albums and the tv movie a year earlier.

KISS Alive 2 was the peak of the band.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                      I'm thinking of taking a powder and walking away from my job, mortgage and all my other responsibilities and just becoming a complete parasite sucking off the labors of the rest of society.

Fuck it. Free homeless shelter, food, medical care. Let the rest of the country scrap, scrounge and sweat while I sit back and smile. I voted for Obama twice, so I figure it's my due.

Maybe I'll head to the Caribbean, wash dishes in some resort for cash and live under a lean-to on a beach near the resort. Fuck it.
                      feb 6th we head for Utila, wanna tag along?
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        feb 6th we head for Utila, wanna tag along?
                        Ha!

While I wouldn't trade my marriage for anything, had I never married I doubt I would have bothered participating in the rat race as long as I have. The whole cycle/inertia of working in order to pay bills...so you can work some more (so you can pay some more bills)...it's all (like so many things we do) a bunch of pointless bullshit we've been conditioned to do without even thinking about it to the point where it's abnormal for anyone to question why a person should spend their lives doing it.

I wish I could go to Utila (wherever that is - and have a great trip, btw!). Life's pretty good, but it's just so routine and vanilla. Maybe I'm just daydreaming aloud. If I'm REALLY honest, I never thought I would live this long or have as much as I do in my life. Probably most people on the planet would be happy to have a lower-middle class standard of living.

I'm not even looking for an elevated lifestyle in terms of finances. I don't want money. I think I want things that money can't buy, like some meta questions answered. I enjoy deliberately distracting myself so I won't sit around wondering about big questions, because I never have any answers for them.

Hey, whatever. Scanners is on the Flix movie channel in an hour. I love that fucking movie.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• katina
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          I remember seeing this in the Kiss news thread last year. Priceless seeing Gene so pissed. Ace was untamable. I wonder if Gene or Paul told him to dial it back during the commercial breaks. He surely didn't if they did.
                          I also remember this vid was posted in Kiss´s thread before, what a funny, hysterical and revealing interview; I love it.

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BITEYOASS

I want to thank you for posting this vid. I saw your post yesterday night, during a very difficult and very hot time down here. I really enjoyed watching it again. This is one of Ace and Peter moments in Kiss.
                            This interview was a real riot, it´s amazing that 30 years after that awesome interview, Ace releases in 2009 Space Bear instrumental song from Anomaly album, and The Return of Space Bear as iTunes bonus track, dedicated to Tom Snyder.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              Yeah, Dynasty was around the point where KISS had overemphasized themselves. It really started with the four solo albums and the tv movie a year earlier.

KISS Alive 2 was the peak of the band.
                              They made a disco record two years after disco was dead. If a band was ever clueless to the pop culture they resided in it was KISS.

Comment

Working...