Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Motley Crue...done? - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motley Crue...done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motley Crue...done?

"Big" announcement by Motley Crue later today, speculation is it's a farewell tour. I had heard they were doing the soundtrack for the movie version of The Dirt, touring behind that, then breaking up.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Good riddance. It's time to hang it up. They have a handful of good songs but I can't get past Vince's girly squeal.

Back in the school days, early 80's, wearing concert tees was a badge of honor. I was wearing the =VH= tees and started seeing Mötley Crüe tees. I would say "fuck those fags, I'm a =VH= fan." In a matter of a few years, rumor of Van Hagar, and finally the release of 5150, I didn't have any ground to stand on. From bad boys to pussies, I was ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
      "Big" announcement by Motley Crue later today, speculation is it's a farewell tour. I had heard they were doing the soundtrack for the movie version of The Dirt, touring behind that, then breaking up.
      They might be planning a farewell tour but I'm willing to bet one or more of them will get hard up for money and use the Motley Crue brand name again. There are bands out there using the names of old bands to play car shows and bike runs even though none of them were original members of those bands. Brian Howe tried to get away with calling his band Bad Company even though he was only a temporary replacement for Paul Rodgers. I can't see Mick Mars playing too many more gigs though. They had to get Dr Frankenstein to bring him back from the dead last time they had a full band reunion.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

I'd guess Mick is done, Vince will play Motley songs backed by a band of nobodies, Nikki will go back to Sixx AM and Tommy will give us another rap record.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
          Tommy will give us another rap record.
          He gave us one already? Shows how much I pay attention to Crüe members outside of the band...
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Maybe they'll pimp out more stuff like they
            did HSH during the 2014 Grammy show...
            (the dogs sure do look like happy pups, tho'...)

Originally posted by sadaist
            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Motley Crue was "done" by their third album. Or whichever one that damn cheese ballad was on.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Maybe they'll end up replicating the "Farewell Tour" that KISS did. You know, the one that was 14 years ago now, in 2000....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

....and then hire some roadie to wear Mick Mars' makeup?
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
                    Maybe they'll end up replicating the "Farewell Tour" that KISS did. You know, the one that was 14 years ago now, in 2000....
                    Or worse, The Who's one, which has been going on since sometime 1982.

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                    ....and then hire some roadie to wear Mick Mars' makeup?
                    Like getting the spectacularly ill-fitting Kenny Jones to assume Keith Moon's role.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Status Quo did a massive farewell tour in 1984 and haven't stopped since.

Comment

Signed an agreement to end it in 2015.

Comment

Summer tour dates new on pollstar - link.
                          They playing my area with Alice Cooper.
                          Originally posted by sadaist
                          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

The signed agreement was a nice touch. That way when they decide not to call it quits they can call a big press conference and tear it up while claiming "Motley will NEVER die!"

Comment

Van Halen and The Crue have morphed into a bunch of fags. Nothing interesting in either band anymore.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...
                              X