X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by VAiN
    I have a 27" iMac with another 27" screen next to it at work. Can't have enough real estate! At home I use a 27" iMac and 13" MacBook Air. It's sad, just.. So sad.
    Oh I am spoiled at work with two displays. Some associates have three.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mushroom
      Oh I am spoiled at work with two displays. Some associates have three.
      There's an IT guy at my place with what we call the 'Command Center'.. He has 6 screens! 2+2 stacked and one book ending each end turned longways.. It's ridiculous.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I have a 27" iMac with another 27" screen next to it at work. Can't have enough real estate! At home I use a 27" iMac and 13" MacBook Air. It's sad, just.. So sad.
        And yet, you have a 2" penis.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Am impressed, you start a thread asking for help then still kick off with people when they try to help............ well done .
          To be fair, l I did state a disclaimer about those with jobs only answer. That equates to one quarter of one percent of the people who post here. No failed musicians, F A T fucks or hangers on. So what did you expect?

And buying a god damn laptop is more of a pain in the ass then what it's worth. When in the fuck did they stop putting ROM drives in them for "better cooling"?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Did you try Wikipedia?

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

There's an IT guy at my place with what we call the 'Command Center'.. He has 6 screens! 2+2 stacked and one book ending each end turned longways.. It's ridiculous.
              What are the odds he's never been with a woman?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If it's just for Excel and winding people up on the internet I don't think you need to spend $800. Get something for half that with Windoze 7 and spend the difference on dope.

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kristy
                  And yet, you have a 2" penis.
                  How big is yours?
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I've got 4 systems running on the i5 platform... 1 on Windows 7, home, 2 on Windows 7 Pro and one on Windows 8 home...

All of them run great and the performance is plenty for what we use them for... no major gaming or heavy graphical crap. Even the cheapest... an ASUS Notebook ($350) runs great although I find Windows 8 uses a lot more CPU than Windows 7...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

How big is yours?
                      Well, it's made out of rubber...

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        If it's just for Excel and winding people up on the internet I don't think you need to spend $800. Get something for half that with Windoze 7 and spend the difference on dope.
                        I'd rather have a laptop with Windows 7 problem is they don't don't make them like that anymore.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I have an early gen i5 on my gaming laptop I never actually ever game with anymore. I've been very happy with it, although it's beginning to show its age. I believe the new ones are lightening fast from boot to use whereas mine lags just a bit but is no slouch...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Right, an i3 would be fine. I haven't checked, but the pisshole Asus(Anus) machines at work run AMD's I think, and run Excel for me just fine.

Comment

• Never was
                              Foot Soldier
                              • May 2012

I have a Vaio Flip with an i7, yeah it is hella fast and using my desktop now feels like I am typing on something from the Flintstones. If you have the money the i7 is a really nice chip. You can save money if you grab a screen larger than 13in. which is the most demanded and hence pricer than 14 and 15in models. I avoid AMD, just never had good experiences with them. I do think paying up for the new chip is worth it and extend the useful life of your laptop. If the sucker is disposable in a year or so get the i5.
                              I'm not a tech person, just a consumer point of view.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Never was was never not cool. Vaio's a bit pretentious though - but not Mac pretentious. Whenever I see a Mac user I want to grab them by the back of their skull and repeatedly slam their face into their little Mac keyboard. Yeah, I know I have issues...

Comment

Working...