X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Ellen Page has come out

Bad news for the male gender, but it was obviously too heavy for her to bear any longer.

A masterful speech anyway, the girl can speak and, though emotionally overwhelmed, handle a crowd.

Hats off for that.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Wasn't all surprised at this news. She always looked like a younger Melissa Etheridge to me. Now I know why......
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I look forward to the day where people don't have to 'come out'. People don't 'come out' as heterosexual, and I have no idea why we have to know about anyone else's sexuality.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by binnie
        I look forward to the day where people don't have to 'come out'. People don't 'come out' as heterosexual, and I have no idea why we have to know about anyone else's sexuality.
        Until that day comes, coming out is still a big deal.
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

I agree, who cares about anybody's sexual preferences, just as long as they're good... If homosexuals still hesitate about revealing it, it's because of a still widespread resent about gayness. Things tend to be easier from decade to decade, but ostracism remains rooted in certain people's minds.
          Many people are keen on categorizing others, whether they are famous or folks next door.
          In recent years, some countries have institutionalized gay marriage, so that many have been able to stop hiding it - getting married or not. One of my students this year lets it completely show, carrying fashion handbags and all... Inside I find it ridiculous, but I keep it to myself and respect him as a person and one my pupils. Ten-fifteen years ago, no student would ever have made it conspicuous like that. Last year's new law for gay marriage also liberated behaviours on a daily basis.
          The debate about it was really raging In the whole country.
          I was not really for it, except that it grants homosexuals the right to transfer their ownings to their partner, which I find fair. Mostly I was in favour of it when it came to speak with stubborn, ultra-conservative persons, just to piss them off.

Anyway, beyond the topic, I found Ellen Page's speech full of mastery, which isn't that common, whatever your age. Props to her - if she can work it out like this about something that bugs her so much, then she can do just anything before an audience.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
            Maybe we should make a heterosexual flag and organize parades.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Maybe we should make a heterosexual flag and organize parades.
              Heterosexual's don't need to come out because they already are.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                Heterosexual's don't need to come out because they already are.
                Not enough though. We need parades and flags and matching uniforms.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• WARF's Vagina
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2013

Now Roth needs to come out of the closet and announce that he swings both ways. Men and boys!

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

You're on to something. We don't even get our own month, day or anything.. That's crap.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• fraroc
                      Commando
                      • Jun 2012

Straight people never needed them.
                      How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                        You're on to something. We don't even get our own month, day or anything.. That's crap.
                        Hell, you're in Florida. That means you could walk down the street and shoot a random teenager for no reason, and get away with it.

Now THAT is "special rights"!
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                          Hell, you're in Florida. That means you could walk down the street and shoot a random teenager for no reason, and get away with it.

Now THAT is "special rights"!
                          there was a bloody nose...
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

It would be interesting though if every heterosexual celebrity made a point out of saying it in their next interview.
                            Would it be considered anti-gay? Would gay people feel slighted? I mean not many proclaim " Im Straight"..
                            Why does a gay person feel the need to say " Im gay"..not trying to be a smartass just wondering..

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Who the fuck cares? Shit actress. Is she thinking "Golly, my frozen hillbilly Canadian clit is gonna get in on some of that hot Hollywood pussy now!" Piss off back to your dull "independent films" bitch where even they don't give a shit on what you say - as long as you work for scale.

Comment

Working...